OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am not even sure of who is John that is a noble..Is noble a rich or is noble meant that someone contributed to the society?

In my research, I think it was John Wood, but with his age(too young), I just don't know what his contribution to the area. Is it John Wood or John Otey?

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paragraph 10: Land for pasturage for the first settlers

Led northward in my journey, there are lands inhabited by numberless people, thus I went North(at EIGHTEEN). They will be to the first settlers, for farming where I found new whites.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paragraph 11: "SALVADOR" and the land was their treasure

In my journey, I write this to tell you how I went to the Indies with a glorious success that I have been to distance, to which I gave "SALVADOR" the name of the sea-coast of a certain Harbor (located) to the end (of Bedford). At once I continued the said route while thinking, I should give shares to the guides. I found out at the end of many distance we traveled together that they have already taken that this Land was their treasure, and they are so generous who insisted that this land was enough. My Journey where I found a third adventure or exploration, I gave the cities or towns to test whether as if they really cared that this land was a treasure(enough).

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paragraph 12: The Blue Ridge Mountains

Spun of cotton(can be seen on) the route led northward. I have climbed the mountains, and that it is elevated with many mountains for new whites.

-While they are from Bedford going north.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paragraph 13: Campbell County, the people without opposition.

I learned that Bedford is the first town other people God gave a fine plains(for planting) and open country. The first land to the eastward discovered all the cargo's with the party to the people without opposition. And of all at once, I continued the said route, so they returned no iron, nor steel, nor weapons. I named the land you will be going at in Thirty.

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paragraph 14: Confidence and Gratefulness

In my journey, I have gave in confidence and they were the finest which seems to give glorious success. I am grateful for the possession of the holy spirit(Unsure if Holy Spirit/Quantity of Treasure), the plans, the group that John, Elizabeth and our Party gave me where I found people, large flowing rivers, small communities and explored for three days be anything of great or small value without problems God has given me in my Journey. This to tell you that in page 2 I named(Buford/Black horse Tavern), begin from page 2(or solve it first?).

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But....which of the 10's of thousands of translations of the fictional code is one to believe?

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But....which of the 10's of thousands of translations of the fictional code is one to believe?

Nobody..Not even this..Don't just believe if someone said that they solved it, they found it, they cracked it or know about the story of the Beale's Treasure. Better find proofs first before concluding to something.

Everything is questionable. Some people hate being questioned, but it is a very important process. I wonder why people get mad when they are asked questions ???

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody..Not even this..Don't just believe if someone said that they solved it, they found it, they cracked it or know about the story of the Beale's Treasure. Better find proofs first before concluding to something.

Everything is questionable. Some people hate being questioned, but it is a very important process. I wonder why people get mad when they are asked questions ???

But everything isn't questionable, at least as the details in the narration go. Now when/if people start trying to create their own alternate versions then yes, most certainly, everything then becomes absolutely questionable. The problem with this process and line of thinking is that, just as you have done with your Columbus letter, you have simply "created your own alternate Beale story out of complete thin air." You can't just grab hold of a tale and then simply start filling in all of the unknowns with whatever you want, or like, there has to be some measure of provenance present before you can make that leap, which very clearly there isn't. You even admit as much, which has you in something of self-inflicted conundrum of your own making, like a loaf of French bread calling the biscuits doughboys....:icon_scratch:

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But everything isn't questionable, at least as the details in the narration go. Now when/if people start trying to create their own alternate versions then yes, most certainly, everything then becomes absolutely questionable. The problem with this process and line of thinking is that, just as you have done with your Columbus letter, you have simply "created your own alternate Beale story out of complete thin air." You can't just grab hold of a tale and then simply start filling in all of the unknowns with whatever you want, or like, there has to be some measure of provenance present before you can make that leap, which very clearly there isn't. You even admit as much, which has you in something of self-inflicted conundrum of your own making, like a loaf of French bread calling the biscuits doughboys....:icon_scratch:

Yeah, The weirdest thing here is that each sentences here are related. Also, The page 3 links to what this page 1 is saying. I wonder if its just a coincidence or not.

This includes the names of Elizabeth, Mary and John as owner of the Harkening Hill. The locations of the Indians. The giving of Gold. The Indian Guides. The purchase of a mountain. The Johnson Dooley Farm. The use of Eighteen and Thirty, the Harbor thing, the naming of places and more...I just don't like this consistency that may be tricking me. I hope you have patience to wait for page 3 translation.

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paragraph 15: Questions

All days I traveled covered with fear. Town sent two men to the Indies(Peaks of Otter Area) to ask whether the letter that I am writing will give me hundreds of dollars in exchange.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, The weirdest thing here is that each sentences here are related. Also, The page 3 links to what this page 1 is saying. I wonder if its just a coincidence or not.

This includes the names of Elizabeth, Mary and John as owner of the Harkening Hill. The locations of the Indians. The giving of Gold. The Indian Guides. The purchase of a mountain. The Johnson Dooley Farm. The use of Eighteen and Thirty, the Harbor thing, the naming of places and more...I just don't like this consistency that may be tricking me. I hope you have patience to wait for page 3 translation.

I think you're seeing coincidences/connections that aren't there simply because you want to see them. I mean, you're pretty much leaving the rest of us scratching our heads because we're so use to seeing this type of "personally desirable process." I seriously doubt that too many others are seeing the same coincidences/connections that you think you see.

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you're seeing coincidences/connections that aren't there simply because you want to see them. I mean, you're pretty much leaving the rest of us scratching our heads because we're so use to seeing this type of "personally desirable process." I seriously doubt that too many others are seeing the same coincidences/connections that you think you see.

I don't want to see them though...In fact, I want to delete some lines including the Indians that are Bald, and using one third of the Gold as the purchase of the Harkening Hill by their Lord. I am not confident at those lines, but there are paragraphs in page 3 that verifies this and are linked to these statements in page 1. I hate to see those coincidences. I am open that my mind is tricking me though.

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paragraph 16: The Northern Tribes

My journey, the winter had already set in. I wonder what is the name of the route that led northward. It was the land to the Indians. It was impossible to speak for their chief, with this I gave many things. The name of San Salvador(Harkening Hill) is given to the third hill (of the Peaks of Otter) owned by Elizabeth and Jonathan. The town(of Indians) is peculiar. Elizabeth is a success that God has given the party.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't want to see them though...In fact, I want to delete some lines including the Indians that are Bald, and using one third of the Gold as the purchase of the Harkening Hill by their Lord. I am not confident at those lines, but there are paragraphs in page 3 that verifies this and are linked to these statements in page 1. I hate to see those coincidences. I am open that my mind is tricking me though.

Yes, your mind is indeed tricking you. Per example, do you have 100% cleartext for the ciphers without any substitutions or adjustments on your part or assumed errors by the author? Two, is all of your cleartext relevant or only portions of them? You're already questioning the legitimacy of your solution and there's reason for that. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, your mind is indeed tricking you. Per example, do you have 100% cleartext for the ciphers without any substitutions or adjustments on your part or assumed errors by the author? Two, is all of your cleartext relevant or only portions of them? You're already questioning the legitimacy of your solution and there's reason for that. :icon_thumright:

I posted here the cleartext without substitutions. I pretty understand it, but it will be confusing for everyone else if I wont use synonyms..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread