OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you agree then why do you keep posting this jibberish? Jibberish is another word for garbage.

Hehe...Don't worry, I know many people will notice this for for Jibberish and garbage. I will stop posting after translating the page 3, and after giving questionable research data that is mentioned in the letter. Or maybe you can check for old spoons in the hill that I told you?:icon_thumright:

So sad, I dont have data about the Harkening Hill purchase by James Jopling in 1819,
Stones removed by Buford in the Peaks of Otter
Northern tribes, Cherokees and Taylors Mountain people.
Castleton Johnson's settlement in Thomas Wood's cabin in Harkening
the purchase of Johnson -Dooley farm

I wanted to translate page 3, but it will be too much if I posted too many paragraphs in a day. See this introduction of page 3, this will be garbage without research..:tongue3:

Returned at Salvador. Display I named name for I in his call it
Illustrious King, Building towns and villages. Without Opposition,
followed the coast of that isle toward the eastward, Maria, majesty who
has wonderfully granted the island set in the end of Santa Maria. Of the
Royal Standard the name of San Salvador that our Lord has taken
possession, sailed to the Indies with the fleet, Lord has given the first
Island.

Another Apophenia. Everything is Apophenia.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sad, I dont have data about the Harkening Hill purchase by James Jopling in 1819,
Stones removed by Buford in the Peaks of Otter
Northern tribes, Cherokees and Taylors Mountain people.
Castleton Johnson's settlement in Thomas Wood's cabin in Harkening
the purchase of Johnson -Dooley farm

jhonnz41 The answer to all of these five or six items, I can give you the answers. But you most likely all ready know the answers as they can be found on the Internet.

1. James Jopling received Hearken Hill from his father's Will. It was sold in 1853 by his sons.
2. Everyone knows that Paschal Buford removed two stones from the Peaks of Otter. One is in the Washington Monument and the other was cut up into blocks in front of the tavern for ladies to dismount carriages from or tie their horses up to.
3. Yes there were tribes of Cherokee in Bedford County, Virginia and they did shave their heads with a small pony tail. They had an Indian Reservation in Montvale below the Tavern of Pascal Buford. There was later a blockhouse located on the tribal land where Mary Ingles came to after being captured by war faction Indians.
4. Hearken Hill was surveyed in 1766 for Thomas Wood and was later bought and settled by the Johnson Family.

Screenshot_2021-03-14 Johnson Farm - Peaks of Otter, Virginia.png Screenshot_2021-03-14 Johnson Farm - Peaks of Otter, Virginia(1).png Screenshot_2021-03-14 Johnson Farm - Peaks of Otter, Virginia.png Screenshot_2021-03-14 Lynchburg Daily Virginian 1 November 1852 — Virginia Chronicle Digital New.png Screenshot_2021-03-14 Lynchburg Daily Virginian 1 November 1852 — Virginia Chronicle Digital New.png Screenshot_2021-03-14 Lynchburg Daily Virginian 14 May 1853 — Virginia Chronicle Digital Newspap.png Screenshot_2021-03-14 Thomas Jopling (1708-1789) WikiTree FREE Family Tree(1).png

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. This is a good information sir Franklin. To be honest, I don't know much about those newspaper images and the Joplin/g letter.

The data i got is confusing for me because I am not personally there to see what it looks like. About the Joplin/Jopling's land, it was said here that it was purchased from Elizabeth Wood Smith and Jonathan in 1819 for $500. It was later sold to John Therone in the July 1852.

View attachment 1909873

About the Paschal Buford's stone, All I know was that he sent one to Washington Monument, another one was in the tavern. I don't know that it was cut up, I thought that there is another one used for the Buford family gravestones.(I don't even know that it was used to tie their horses :icon_scratch:)

As for the Indian tribes, It's hard for me to accept that the Cherokees are Bald. It was like a joke or something if he wrote it, I have read about a ponytail with bald front portion and I thought it looks like this image from google.

View attachment 1909890

But if the message was real, it was mentioned that the natives have no hair, only the men remained there.
But a ponytail is a hair. And where is the women? Its very questionable..

In the message it seems like there is a mountain that was used as an Indian reserve, I am not really sure that it was the Harkening hill but in page 3, the Appalachian trail was mentioned so I am thinking it was that mountain. It was mentioned that Elizabeth gave that mountain to the Indians. In the letter it was called as the Guanaham People because the people there fled from government, open country people and from other Indians.

Could be war or something, could be the Sullivan expedition(???) it got me interested. The people there did not fled from the party, but maybe a war?
(note that Guanaham/Guanahani is the first island explored by Columbus where the people fled when they saw them)

My question is that, why did Castleton and Nancy settled in the Peaks of Otter Area(Harkening) in 1819 before it was purchased by their son in 1852? I don't get, why farm if the land was not theirs?

View attachment 1909928

Here are other information about Castleton that might be interesting.
View attachment 1909929
purchase 1.png
View attachment 1909930

Could it explain as to why "Lord has given me Island, the mainland on this side me where I commemoration- I have taken possession"? In page 3 it was explained that it was a token for the party's success.

A lot of question that I might never get an answer. The only acceptable solution for this is that the Key was wrong, the message is wrong and the story is a hoax.:dontknow:

Attachments

• 1819.png
    1819.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you purchased a book about the early history of Bedford County, Virginia and from there you added it to Columbus and other discoveries and came up with what you believe to be a decipherment of the Beale Codes. In that case, everything is WRONG.

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you purchased a book about the early history of Bedford County, Virginia and from there You added it to Columbus and other discoveries and came up with what you believe to be a decipherment of the Beale Codes. In that case, everything is WRONG.

No, I don't have a book. It can be downloaded on the internet (Johnson Farm Historic Research Study). The fun fact is that I don't even know anything about these Indian stuff and purchase of land by Jopling, so as Johnson-Dooley farm, Taylor's Mountain, Twin oaks. I learned it after a few months of research.

If you notice, this deciphered message is a lot different from the one I sent you last time. Back then I don't even have a clue what words to Include in the message, there are too many miscounting on the first draft. I admit even now I'm still uncertain about some numbers, on what words to get. It's just arbitrary, a pattern of random that it look like i took it out of thin air. It will always be a trash unless there is proper research and translation.

Who would believe that Highness = mountain, or Proclaim = Speak, or Fleet = Group etc.

Also, I don't have money to buy books, I only use google .

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the bottom of research you posted it says, "Purchased."

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the bottom of research you posted it says, "Purchased."

Uhm..What purchased?I am confused...I don't get it.

I mean to say that the land was purchased by James Jopling from Elizabeth and Jonathan in year 1819. Then a portion of that land was then purchased by John Therone Johnson in 1852.

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paragraph 20: 2906 and Indies Secret

There is elevated and innumerable people. I continued the route forthwith his town since we gained more confidence. I know of happiness widely and I know that countless small communities I mentioned, no towns nor villages will see great rewards and sell out the name of His Divine Majesty (Leader/Elizabeth) I continued the Indies wishes.

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paragraph 21: Success comes to some!

I know you will be cheerful at John and Elizabeth. Me in my journey, I learned that at the end of many distance (traveled) that nothing new appeared, (new/good) comes to some, and great success that our Lord has given, and of all that will arrive.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Paragraph 21: Success comes to some!

I know you will be cheerful at John and Elizabeth. Me in my journey, I learned that at the end of many distance (traveled) that nothing new appeared, (new/good) comes to some, and great success that our Lord has given, and of all that will arrive.
:laughing7: :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread