PAGE ONE TRANSLATION(PROGRESS)

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PARAGRAPH 1: INTRO AND BRIEF INFORMATION TO MORRISS.

Speak to the group of people that John and Elizabeth our Party gave me, John is the name of the Noble, of our success. That our Captain has given me a land, I discovered that the mainland on this side is where I settled, cabin of Elizabeth(originally Thomas Wood) I have taken possession. To each one I gave a new names or aliases. Me in my second Journey, I named the place as Santa Maria. It is where Elizabeth lives. I explored the area, gave the name and three Wagons of Pure Gold our Captain has given to John. And that Mary has took possession of a cipher, the 30 names and residences. When I went to the town of Bedford, I have acquired their mountain with the permission of Elizabeth, the Harkening Hill. They are the most Ingenious men at the glorious success that God has given me in my Journey. Elizabeth, All the land of Indians and John knew that our men will arrive.

Correction is very much appreciated...

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PARAGRAPH 2: GENERAL LANDMARKS(NORTH, WEST, SOUTH)

There are Spanish Oak Trees, and the path that leads northward, there are peaks incomparably higher than the centre area. Vast mines of gold and other metals on these areas and there are many kinds of birds and great variety of fruits in the area toward the west. I went to the south to check whether there is a large city or settlement, but found none. And the path that led northward, the 4 miles(Buford's), I failed to see some great cities and Spanish Oak trees."

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
LOL! NOT on BRP, or the "Flat-lands". Monacan Nation DID have a nice "set-up" (community) south-west of PoO; even had a HUGE burial mound or two. Rt. I-81 cut thru one; THAT area has been "cursed" ever since... LOTS of accidents. pile-ups, etc. Monacan Spirits were/are ANGRY! Go thru there, VERY carefully... WARNING!

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL! NOT on BRP, or the "Flat-lands". Monacan Nation DID have a nice "set-up" (community) south-west of PoO; even had a HUGE burial mound or two. Rt. I-81 cut thru one; THAT area has been "cursed" ever since... LOTS of accidents. pile-ups, etc. Monacan Spirits were/are ANGRY! Go thru there, VERY carefully... WARNING!

This document is very interesting about the Indians in Peaks of Otter.
https://repository.si.edu/bitstream...hnell_1940_15_1-14.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PARAGRAPH 3: ARRIVAL AT SANTA MARIA

Many miles we traveled without seeing great, places are just like all the others(the same). The names of Spanish(Juan, Maria, Isabella). Success that God wonderfully granted us. There are people without number but with names. When I came there, it was impossible to speak to the people(Indians, see more on page 1 and 3). Me in my Journey to the Indies with the group, the name of the Harkening Hill I couldn't pronounce. I followed the route of that area toward the west as I know that it was the home of Elizabeth, the only structure that clearly stands out from the rest in the area.

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this a correct translation of the fictional beale code or is it just one of thousands of guesses at decrypting the fictional code? Was there a decoder key supplied with the beale codes game set?

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:-) you can say it like that...Computer say's that there is no actually a correct grammar, so lets make one? Help will be appreciated.

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PARAGRAPH 4: Meeting the First settlers At Salvador

And thus, glorious success so high. To tell you(to Morriss) how lovely my Journey was, It exceeds incomparably higher than the personal possessions that I have. At once I continued the said route to find Mary, the other new name given when I came at John's. The group that the "Illustrious King"(john) excelling any in the area sent two men to Introduce and guide us. Of many miles we traveled without seeing a settlement, a new white female(first settlers) gave me a land, that the name is Elizabeth, Of all I have taken possession/owned their Mountain. And that, I write this to tell you to figure out one that I gave a new name, SALVADOR.

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PARAGRAPH 5: Exact Locality of the Vault (no provenance, just find one)

I have set in lovely Spanish Oak trees, In-between them. Rejoice at the glorious success that God has given and SEARCH at the end of a few small settlements where it was impossible to speak to the eastward(Santa Maria). I succeded in talking to them, I gave them some of everything I had. In my Journey, I have climbed their mountain (Sharp top) that they seem to touch the sky, that they never lose their greenness, that I thought it might be the mainland opposite to the view of the Nobles in the center land. It was owned by Elizabeth(?). In my Journey I have purchased/owned their mountain, and there the Indians Mountain(Taylor's Mountain), 5 miles from John which I gave the name of Spanish, so high that seems to touch the sky.

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PARAGRAPH 6: Actions and Rewards

In my Journey, the first time I went there, I gave the place that I found. That our Captain has gave all this to the Indians(As to why one third was taken on page one and three) and have Lost all my possessions of Santa Maria, Elizabeth has wonderfully accepted. Because of this the Indians show so much love that they would give their very hearts by speaking and actions/dances. And of all, I have taken possession of a galley(Not literally a galley/Guides or helpers. See next paragraph the galley).

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PARAGRAPH 7: The Tour and the Valuable Information

I have been told that there are trees that I should not fail to see, the third adventure. I forbade disappointing them so I agreed. I came to the end with the group of that area toward the west(possibly Taylors Mountain page 3). There are people, Wonderful Pine woods and Open Country our Captain has given(weapons page 1) and I found at the end that it's true that the natives have NO HAIR, only the males remained there, who has cheerfully accepted us. With this(Now), The Indians are together with the group. In my Journey, I write this to gave whether it will be anything of great or small value has given the thirty- westerners and the names you will be meeting.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
PARAGRAPH 5: Exact Locality of the Vault (no provenance, just find one)

I have set in lovely Spanish Oak trees, In-between them. Rejoice at the glorious success that GBEEN GTHERE!od has given and SEARCH at the end of a few small settlements where it was impossible to speak to the eastward(Santa Maria). I succeded in talking to them, I gave them some of everything I had. In my Journey, I have climbed their mountain (Sharp top) that they seem to touch the sky, that they never lose their greenness, that I thought it might be the mainland opposite to the view of the Nobles in the center land. It was owned by Elizabeth(?). In my Journey I have purchased/owned their mountain, and there the Indians Mountain(Taylor's Mountain), 5 miles from John which I gave the name of Spanish, so high that seems to touch the sky.
Taylor Mountain in Bedford County, Va. NEVER had a community of Native Americans; Bear Mountain in Amherst County, Va. did. MONACAN Nation; BEEN THERE!

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Taylor Mountain in Bedford County, Va. NEVER had a community of Native Americans; Bear Mountain in Amherst County, Va. did. MONACAN Nation; BEEN THERE!

I dont know, he simply said west..Campbell's mountain? How about American Indians?

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paragraph 8: The Concepcion(Event/Birth)

I traveled for days, I named a Female in my journey. The route of that area toward the west peaks incomparably higher than the people. Other Indians, the group that the third Fernandina(a person?) named was glad when I came at the glorious birth. There are people without number, men and women, high Queen Indians, countless small communities. Our Captain has gave many weapons(page 3: no iron, nor steel nor weapons nor sharpened sticks(weapons/spears)), in commemoration I gave the name of Mary Month of First. (Could it be Mary Jane?)

this was the most confusing part for me because I don't really know who is Fernandina, or what he meant by Third Fernandina.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, it has NOTHING to do with Beale Treasure story nor Bedford County, Va. We have several resources that our "locals" can use; libraries, museums, "locals" of several surrounding counties (Fed, State, counties, ppl). Yeah, you REALLY need to be here. For ME, VMI is THE PLACE to go...

OP
OP
J

jhonnz41

May 4, 2020
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paragraph 9: John the noble (what is the lastname?)

Land that I explored, there are wonderful pine woods and extensive ranges of meadow land. The glorious success that God has granted all of this to the group of John, a well-known name in the area. Speak and search in the noble cities or towns, and I have gave all confidence, and I know that the people has given me this land(Johnson-Dooley) of that isle toward the west.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions