why nobody had seen this

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
J

jamesrav

Greenie
Sep 9, 2008
very interesting that he did use the word 'authentic' rather than true, they are certainly deemed synonyms but perhaps weak. So it's an 'authentic' tale, original in concept, but not (necessarily) real or true. Clever by Ward if that was his intent. He once again put in a hint or suggestion (like the 'waste no time on this') that perhaps all is not what it seems. It's becoming harder to dislike the guy, compared to the scammers of present day.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very interesting that he did use the word 'authentic' rather than true, they are certainly deemed synonyms but perhaps weak. So it's an 'authentic' tale, original in concept, but not (necessarily) real or true. Clever by Ward if that was his intent. He once again put in a hint or suggestion (like the 'waste no time on this') that perhaps all is not what it seems. It's becoming harder to dislike the guy, compared to the scammers of present day.

Still "zero" evidence that Ward wrote the tale. Not saying he didn't, just pointing out that there exist no evidence that he wrote the narration.

Str8 Shooter

Greenie
Jun 3, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And the gal who did the linguistic study of Beale vs. Pamphlet Writer (and concludes they are the same person, with some pretty strong examples) refers to Ward as the writer, not some intermediary. So if Ward was trying to disassociate himself from the situation (for obvious legal reasons) by being merely "an agent", he certainly didn't convince anyone.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

james,

The pamphlet writer had Beale's letters for 20+ years, which he probably could recite back to anyone word for word.

So I would definitely expect the linguistic pattern to be almost to same. That is the proof that the pamphlet writer lived and breathed Beale for 20+ years.

The comparison was between Beale's Letters and the Pamphlet and not against anything that Ward was positively the author of.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
james,

The pamphlet writer had Beale's letters for 20+ years, which he probably could recite back to anyone word for word.

So I would definitely expect the linguistic pattern to be almost to same. That is the proof that the pamphlet writer lived and breathed Beale for 20+ years.

The comparison was between Beale's Letters and the Pamphlet and not against anything that Ward was positively the author of.

"Alleged letters." Still no credible evidence that they existed outside of the narration.

OP
OP
J

jamesrav

Greenie
Sep 9, 2008
why would possessing letters written by someone else alter ones' own writing style? Maybe I'm not understanding why you feel Beale vs. Pamphlet Writer, concluding they are the same author, is not that big a deal.

I see in an earlier post by ECS that very deep research indicates this might have been a team effort among several people, not just Ward. That Ward had relatives who might have been involved certainly seems possible. Unless there is some known sample writing by Ward, fingering him as the writer is unfair I'll admit. But I imagine no such samples exist, and since we are now 140 or so years later, it will forever be unknown. But the key question of real or hoax seems beyond question. So many red flags, and the numbering issue would seem to qualify as a smoking gun. There's no way to explain the 'innocent' numbering of the 3 pages to get things started, followed by those numbers magically showing up in the deciphered page - unless the person did both. It's almost like the ending to a Columbo episode, where he traps the killer with something that cannot be explained away.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I see in an earlier post by ECS that very deep research indicates this might have been a team effort among several people, not just Ward. That Ward had relatives who might have been involved certainly seems possible. Unless there is some known sample writing by Ward, fingering him as the writer is unfair I'll admit...
The "original" manuscript appears not to be needed after the job print pamphlet was printed, and disappeared.
The references to people, events, and places that involved members of the extended Risque/Ward family placed throughout the Beale narrative, though vague to the untrained eye unaware of that families heritage, is more than just coincidental.

Str8 Shooter

Greenie
Jun 3, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why would possessing letters written by someone else alter ones' own writing style?

Possession would not alter anything. What would cause alteration is the constant reading and rereading of those letters until they become ingrained in the subconscious. The pamphlet writer obsessed over these things for 20 years.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
It has been determined by experts in composition structure that the syntax of the Beale letters on which the entire treasure tale is based, and the entire narrative was either written by the same person, or edited by the same person.
As with the alleged original manuscript given to Ward, what became of these Beale letters and iron box, if in fact that actually existed.

OP
OP
J

jamesrav

Greenie
Sep 9, 2008
I guess the wrap up to this would be did it in fact "achieve a wide circulation?". Do they keep records on how many were printed / sold? I will have to see if there were any early searchers who ignored the warning (more like a plea) not to spend much time on this. I assume it really did not take hold till the 1960's, when computers could be used. That would be quite a time gap. It must have been a lonely search in the early 1900's, not being able to interact with others. That's half the fun.

My own involvement with the puzzle "Treasure: In Search of the Golden Horse" (from 1984, seems like yesterday!!) would certainly have been more fun with the internet. Although people guard their 'progress' (understandable) , they still often give up hints that were missed by the rest of us - I wonder if I would have kept on my failed path if others said "your so-called solution is pretty weak, it totally ignores this, this, and this".

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
absolutely correct, my error. The 'intermediary' un-named friend is of course a ruse, but I should have been more careful regarding that issue. But the problem I raise is then merely moved 'back' one person, but does not change the main theme of my argument. Why did the un-named friend number them 1, 2, 3, and isn't it an amazing coincidence that the (hitherto un-numbered) #2 references 1 and 3 by their newly assigned numbers ? Ward (in order to create an intriguing treasure hunt) had a labeling problem - the two remaining ciphers needed to be referred to somehow, and what better way than by a number (since numbers were clearly in his head due to the cipher contents themselves). But why he didn't alter the 'friends' story just a bit to state that they were pre-numbered 1,2,3 is an incredible oversight.

Regarding the plea by the 'friend' to not spend much if any time on this, that certainly is not the way to generate interest. But for a guilty conscience, it's at least a case of "be forewarned".

It is, to devote only such time as can be spared from your legitimate business to the task, and if you can spare no time, let the matter alone. Should you disregard my advice, do not hold me responsible that the poverty you have courted is ...

What you are saying is that the use of the convoluted numbering of the ciphers was set up intentionally, meaning that this is not a tale of someone's discovery from years of research, but the planting of information under a pen name and using an "agent" who was a known Confederate cartographer as well to publish it. More than likely was part of the plans to bury and map these treasuries beginning with the first trip out west.

The Beale was used to set the stage for the heists conducted by the KGC post-Civil War, and it formed the basis of a plan to harvest gold from the Superstitions in AZ and the Black Hills of South Dakota. By doing so it laid the foundation for the successive operations and the burial methods to be used, the regions selected, and the creation of a mapping system to be used were all incorporated into the numerous parts of the Beale.

What you are seeing is the plans of an organized splinter cell group of Masons like Albert Pike, JP Morgan, and JD Rockefeller all moving themselves into the formation of an illegal racketeering organization that was using these men to mine the newly claimed mines of the Superstitions of the "Peralta Land Grab". After their claim of the entire valley of Phoenix and surrounding area was orchestrated by James Reavis (the author of the Beale and maker of the Peralta Stones), the men mined on a two year contract, giving them time during the investigations to mine and escape with gold and silver. They told you that they found what looked like gold in the pamphlet, but then weighed in Gold and Silver in the tons

The only place you could have gotten that gold AND silver in the 1880's was the Superstitions....where they had just laid claim over every mine system in the valley. Upon mining their stores and returning them to VA, they were killed on the 3rd trip out of the valley, where 30 men's bones were found in a place called Massacre Grounds. They were the 30 men in the Beale, without the leader, the author of the pamphlet.

Where it pegs Reavis as the ringleader, and murderer of his own men to escape capture, is when it says they stopped in St. Louis to gear up. Reavis was a clerk there and had a cover front office established to file real estate claims with the US Govt.

That is how they found him and found out about the AZ Land Grab of the mines from every one of the people with their own clams filed. Reavis and Co had taken them all, and they were shipping it to the banks of Morgan in NYC, through Rockefeller himself, who organized the expedition party. Their heists were big enough to store up tons of gold and silver to back the loans to businessmen in their Golden Circle that eventually became some of the largest American Companies.

They left on a 2yr contract, leaving in the 3rd month of March to the mines where they dug for 18 months, returning one stash, and then mining for another 7 months with a second stash. It was on this third trip out they were killed. Only their bones remained with some raw ore and nuggets scattered around them. The Peralta Stones were found some feet from that site and on the hill near where one man had fled capture. To dress the scene up like an "Indian Massacre" they left the stones behind to form a diversion, with everyone looking for the gold mines instead of the people that just robbed them all.

attachment.php
Some interesting math here for sure....see where it fits into the Beale? It is from the bottom of the first Map Stone of the series from the Peralta Stones

Attachments

• BealePeraltaDates.jpg
    BealePeraltaDates.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 146

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jamesray, according to the story narrative, it was the "unknown author" that arranged the order by length and solved B2 with the DOI, and chose Ward as his "agent" for publishing the job print pamphlet.

Oh look another Confederate Statue was brought down today.....boy how time flies.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
My GGrandfather was 1st Sargent of the 10th New Jersey who saw action in several of the main battles that turned the tide, but I am NOT in favor of ignoring our American history, be it the good, bad, or ugly, its what brought us to today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread