Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
woody50 said:
Great finds. Its a funny feeling to find so many coins, and there are sure more to come. Now this was a time to use the GPS, and then plot them in the field such as Cru does. If you do it correctly and look at the pattern you should know where the source was, and could dig there a bit. It could be a pot that the plow just hit, it happens a lot. If its a purse loss, well that could be most of them, but a pot, that would still be quite full that is for sure. Good Luck further!
I don't need a GPS I know the exact spot and can go straight to it, it proberbly is a purse spill and not a pot full.

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!!!!

I just had to stop back buy and look at that bunch on ol' groats again. To think if it was a purse/pocket spill, the hardship that the loss of that money may have caused. Keep finding stuff for me to slobber over since I won't be finding any ancient pile of silver like that near Kansas City.

Bob

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RJGMC said:
CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!!!!

I just had to stop back buy and look at that bunch on ol' groats again. To think if it was a purse/pocket spill, the hardship that the loss of that money may have caused. Keep finding stuff for me to slobber over since I won't be finding any ancient pile of silver like that near Kansas City.

Bob
Thanks Bob.......I think the UK detectorists take it a little for granted all the wonderfull history we have here, detecting in the US must be a lot more of a headache, if I were you and have the passion (which it sounds like you do) I would make my holiday a trip to the UK there are a lot of detecting holidays available here and there are always detecting rallies going on from August through till Febuary :thumbsup:

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
My other obsession, baseball, usually fights detecting for control of my fantasies. Now we'll mix the two! As everyone here knows, Dick Groat was the MVP in the National League in 1960 as the shortstop for the Pittsburgh Pirates. Thanks to Bill Mazeroski, he was also a World Champion that year. Those Groats are making you look like a champion, too. Over here, I'm happy if I find 20th century silver, giddy if it's 19th. Only once have I found 18th. To find a handful of the coins you're showing would be unimaginable. Congratulations on a spectacular find!

Attachments

• groat.jpg
    groat.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 11,775

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Damn, you´ve got some nice fields there TK.
Well done, now get your butt in gear and find the rest LOL
Good luck and HH
Ray

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
gemee said:
tyre kicker said:
TEXAN Connection said:
Amazing group of groats, What is the year of these coins
Edward111 ruled England 1327-77 :thumbsup:
Wow, that is even before my mother-in-law was born!!

But not before my ex Mother in Law LOL

DiverGuy83

Oct 29, 2008
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
WOW... :o i've done some hunting in germany but all i really found were pieces of shrapnell and shell casings. hats off to ya.

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
DiverGuy83 said:
WOW... :o i've done some hunting in germany but all i really found were pieces of shrapnell and shell casings. hats off to ya.

I hunt Germany, and that´s mostly what you find, WW II or Napoleon. Britain is a whole new ball game (Well, old ball game to me, and I want to move back LOL).
They find there what we dream of over here, every day !!

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
'Grats on da Groats! I'm notgittinennything here, but if I could, I would want some great groats too. Simply amazing and 'grats on the BANNER....... NGE (T)

burglarifyoulike

Aug 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
i probably would ahve been found unconscious the next day in that wonderful field!! congratulations!!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Wow!,,, that's a lot of nice looking silver you've got there,,, A BIG CONGRATS!
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
THAT IS ONE GREAT PILE OF SILVER. MAIL IT TO T-NET. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread