Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dan, this is truly a great thread. I smiled all the way through it. It should go in the banner for sure....or even the best of tnet. :thumbsup:

Did you have enough guns in that picture. That is so precious. :)

P.S.

Those are some nifty glasses you're wearing in the picture. 8)

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shrecky , I'm awestruck by the timewarp nature of this wonderful journey ! BANNER !!!

Argentium.

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post and story, this is what metal detecting is all about. Next year when I am in California again I want to our families old ranch (bought in the 10's) and detect a few places on it. Have never detected in the USA yet, so it will be the experience of a lifetime for me. I lived on our grain ranch from 0 to 10 years until my Dad got accidentally killed on his ham radio gear, so anything I could find would be great for me. After he died we had to move to town so my Mom could work, needed the money. I still know where the outside toilets were, and the filled in cellars so maybe I might find something. In one dump on a nearby hill they trashed a model T Ford that I know about, and much more. But that would take too much time to dig out, not even thinking about the rattlesnakes and black widows living in there!

chadrock

Tenderfoot
Oct 31, 2008
WOW what an awesome story! ive been thinking about doin the same thing. luckily for me, my aunt lives on the property that i grew up on so i know ill be able to hunt it ;D Keep those stories coming!

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice pics. Thanks for sharing your history. I've been thinking about doing the same thing but haven't yet. Like that blue ford maverick in the photo. Growing up in the 50's as a baby boomer...... Those were the days. Thanks again for sharing and the work you did. BTW.... nice finds too :icon_sunny:

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Shrecky, you have my vote on a banner too.
What a great post!
I really thank you for posting this story and photos. Just plain awsome.

Memorable. I will guarantee that this post will be in my thoughts and many others for a long time!

Thank you.

Mark

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
cool story... but the pix and badge make it AWESOME! Another story that proves why this hobby is the greatest on Earth!

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
A great hunt with memories of your youth besides!!!! What else could you get on a detecting outing like that ??

Congrats!!!!!!!

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
great story, i would love to do the same thing! i've never thought of doing it untill now :thumbsup:

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great post. Thats about the coolest thing I've ever read on this site. The picture of you wearing the badge brings it all together for the rest of us. I'm glad you were able to go down memory lane. :thumbsup:

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
Schrecky, first of all Congrats on a fine trip down memory lane. I'm glad you had the opportunity to do so.
Second, looks like you inspired some possible future treasure hunters! Way to go. 8)

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Now that is way cool. That badge rocks! I too did a hunt similar to that where I went to my house that I grew up in. Even took some pics of the cement with my initials in it like you did. Found a bunch of wheaties and one mercury. And an old fork with Studebaker engraved on it. That one is special because my Grandpa worked at Studebaker and I am sure it was his. Now it is in my collection...

Cool digs and great story buddy...WTG....jgas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread