I found this today....and it is truly my most meaningful find ever.

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Just out of curiosity...when was she born? Every time I find anything 1937 (usually wheat), I think of my dad.

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
bryce that was your mom for sure. after my mom passed i was in deep thought of her one day out side sitting on a bench and a butterfly landed on my shoulder and stayed there for quite awhile and i got a very strong presence of her that she was allright. something ill never forget. it will always be a little more special findind a merc now after hearing your story. thanx willy.

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
I don't think this one will be moved Bryce. This is a trully awesome story that inspires hope. Oh and if by chance this does get moved may the responsible party suddenly get a gaggle of toads to infest their underpants for weeks on end. There...that should do it. ;D
Chris

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silverfreak said:
This is my BEST and most memorable find of 2008...and of my lifetime.
I just want to let everyone know how much I appreciate your responses. They mean more than you can imagine...and I don't forget things like this. I am on my way out to go to church right now...but I plan on replying to each and every person who responded to this post as soon as the days slows down some. Thanks again...it's nice to know I have so many "good people" on this forum who I consider my friends. :thumbsup:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bryce,
A very nice & meaningful post buddy. I'm glad you finally got the nerve to post it. :thumbsup:
That would be a #1 find in my book too. :angel7:
My Dad was killed in Aug 07, and I still get signs that show me he is still with me. It's a wonderful feeling.
I'm sure you really miss your Mom, and I hope these signs from time to time will bring you some great joy.
-Doug-

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Argentium said:
Bryce , What an amazing story/find - I'm pretty much speechless. Argentium.
Thanks Argentium. I appreciate your response.

Detectingfreak said:
Nice job on the mercury dime! That is an amazing story!!! Good job!!!
Thanks DF

t-bucket said:
Congrats my friend,That is one special merc.I would have a keep that one with me always. Have a Good one and Good luck on your next hunt :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks G-Money. I plan too.

Maverick29 said:
Thats awsome silverfreak. Keep the story here guys.
Thanks Maverick29. I appreciate it.

seger98 said:
Nice job Silverfreak! You deserve that find! :thumbsup:

:angel7:
Thanks seger98. It is special.

SoreKneesDayton said:
Keep the story here gang! God Bless You Silver.

SKD
Thanks SKD. May God bless you and yours with a safe and happy new year.

treasurenut

Oct 19, 2006
FL
Detector(s) used
White DFX, Minelab Excaliber II, Aquapulse
God Bless and keep it in a special place forever.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jack_Mightyheart said:
Wonderful story. That dime was meant for you.
Thanks Jack. I believe so too.

Dman said:
Great story. I hope the dime will always give you peace in your heart.
Dman
I hope so too D. I know it gets me choked up each time I see it...but in a good way.

Cynangyl said:
incredible find! Obviously will always be very special to you and so glad you shared the story with us!
Thanks Cynangyl.

kieser rip said:
Very cool story silverfreak.My condolences on your Mom.I lost my Mom some years ago and had a similar thing happen to me.It's a long story but I found three state militia buttons on mothers day soon after and also found a spanish 1/2 reale at the same site a couple of days later after thinking to myself " ok Mom show me the silver" found the reale first hole I dug that day and it was the only silver I've ever dug there after searching it for years.Take care and best of luck.
Thanks kieser. Thanks for sharing your story with me as well. It's funny how things work sometimes.

Goes4ever said:
awesome story, great find!
Thanks G-4

GOLDandSilver

Nov 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
That's a wonderful story, thanks for posting it. It's also good to see I am not the only one.

Ever since my beloved papa passed away he's been leaving me "pennies from heaven"...if I am having the worst day ever it is inevitable that I will think of him and what he'd say to me...and I find a penny, even if I've just stepped in that spot moments before. AND, when I am struggling with a difficult decision I'll find a penny..and if it's heads up, it's a good idea, tails up, I pass on it:) He was a very precious person to me and it gives me great comfort each and every time I am having a bad day, without fail I find a penny from heaven!

JUNKYARD DOG

Feb 29, 2008
Mid Mo
Detector(s) used
DFX, COMPASS SCANNER,
Hello my friend, I lost my Mom last March and I know she is looking down on me everyday, they will never stop showing us how much they love us. Find peace in your heart. I wish you and yours the very best. Wes

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digginman said:
Of all your finds, Bryce, this one has to be my favorite. Thanks for posting this wonderful chapter of your life.

DM
Thanks so much DM. Out of all my finds...I feel the exact same way as you my friend. Nothing else even comes close to this dime. Take care DM

burglarifyoulike said:
thank you for sharing that story. glad for your find just at that moment. my sympathies to you.
Thanks buddy. I appreciate the response

LabradorBob said:
Please keep the story here Moderators:

Bryce,
Thanks for sharing the story and we can find things that are great,but nothing can out do the memories
in life.its not always what you get,(in your case it is).its the memories that make it all worth while.
Stay tough buddy,were all here if you need anything.

LabradorBob
Thanks for the kind words Bob. I truly feel you are all here for me...and you have no idea how much it means to me. Take care

kimsdad said:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I agree - she's with you on every hunt! :icon_queen: :wink:
Thanks Neil. She definately is :angel7:

detector de metales said:
Nice find!
And as she shown down upon you she told you there was a silver lining..

Sorry to hear your mom has passed, but she will always be with you whether you find silver or not..

J2
Thanks for the response DDM. I truly appreciate it. I agree 100%......silver or no silver...she's always going to be there :sunny:

Corben said:
Cool Bryce...
My mom died 8 weeks after we learned she had cancer. just one week shy of her birthday. Back in '07. One week later on her birthday my second grandon was born. Really miss her and not a day goes by when I don't think about her. Where would we be without our mothers boys?
Thanks Corben. Sorry for your loss too. Without the guidance and love from my mom.....I cringe to think how I would have turned out.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captn_SE said:
A truly moving story, Bryce!!

Thanks for sharing it with us! That's a coin I would keep by my side always! :icon_sunny:

Take care, buddy!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
Thanks Dan. Yep...it will always be with me. I have it sitting on my desk as I'm typing. Take care buddy..and show me some more of that "warm weeather" silver my friend. ;D

jgas said:
What can I say my man. You rocked the house on that find. Literally you made my heart pound with that great story. You will no doubt cherish that find forever. I would...Like I have said before, you will have your Mom with you on every single hunt. No doubt have her with you every single step of your days to come. I wish you nothing but the best my friend and I hope that when you pull that coin out and look at it, it will remind you of all the great times that you had with your Mom.

Keep that post right here where it belongs! jgas
Thanks my friend. I truly appreciate your kind thoughts. My mom was always interested in my finds...and I know she would have appreciated how kind everyone is here.

tcooper1 said:
Bryce, Amazing story and I'm sure that will alway's be your favorite find...
Thanks for responding T.

baylorhall said:
Thanks for telling your story. Very cool find. Feel like God directed you to that dime then sent you some light from your mom. Blessings to you.
Thanks baylorhall. I think you're right...because I have not ever found a sliver coin there before. I was expecting nothinhg...just wanted to swing the coil and hide the pain for a while.

time4me said:
You should have a jeweler mount that merc in a pendant and you could wear it around your neck. Of course, you've got your mom on your shoulder, so you don't really need the coin she left for you and guided you to find hanging around your neck, but it would be pretty cool to have with you at all times.

Wonderful story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Jim
Thanks so much Jim. Actually...I think I will do just that. I am going to check into having a nice 14k bezel made for it with a big loop on it so I can wear it on my gold chain. Take care buddy.

crazyjarhead said:
I'm sure you won't, Buddy. God bless you and your Mother. I know she's watching over you. Hopefully 09 will be a little better for you :icon_sunny:
Thanks CJH. I hope so too. I know she is with me in spirit...and like you said...she is watching over me.

tymcmurray said:
Thanks for sharing with us.
Thanks for viewing T-Mac

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silverfreak 1st off I am so sorry for your loss you and your family are in my prayers!
Then what a very cool find, and even more so for where and when you found it! I know it does have even more special meaning to you for that alone.

Please keep this post here it is right where it should be.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EddieR said:
Bryce, you're story brought tears to my eyes. That silver is "golden". Thank you for sharing. God bless.
Thanks Eddie. I have teared up a few times responding to everyone. Have a safe and prosperous new year my friend.

kuger said:
Thats special!Hang in there. :thumbsup:
Thanks Kuger.

Mike_of_Tenn said:
That one would be priceless...Hold on to that day. :icon_sunny: Very touching story, thank you! ;D I think she may have made it special for more than just you! Angels can do that! :wink:

Mike
Thanks Mike. I think you're right. Take care :angel7:

gold nuggets said:
That Merc dime and your mother story sure put a lump in my throat Bryce.
When I lost my dad, I had a simular experience of a warm
feeling of pease and just knew that he was watching out for me too.
Thanks for sharing with us and best of luck hunting in 2009.
Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:
Thanks GN. Your dad was definately with you too. I won't ever forget the feeling I had. Something just begged me to look over my shoulder...and there was the ray of light.

Natman said:
Great story Bryce..good to hear from you again. That Merc is a special one.

Nat
Thanks Nat. I hope you have a great 09 my friend.

rtde3 said:
Nice story Bud. Thanks for sharing with us. :wink:
Thanks for viewing rtde3. I appreciate it.

Neil in West Jersey said:
Touching story.....
Thanks Neil

River Rat said:
What a heart touching story, Bryce. My condolences to you and your family. That dime will be forever treasured as your special find. God Bless.

:wink: RR
Thanks RR. It is definately my most cherished find.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Amen Brother.....Very touching

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread