I found this today....and it is truly my most meaningful find ever.

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope this message doesn't get moved...and I'm sincerely requesting that it doesn't. It has taken me months...and I truly just found the courage and strength to post it TODAY....so it belongs in "todays finds".

This is my BEST and most memorable find of 2008...and of my lifetime.

I will never forget it as long as I live. It was the afternoon of the day when my mother had passed away earlier that morning. I felt like I was going to go absolutely insane with depression.

My dad...myself..and my brother were supposed to meet the minister at my grandparents house. This was the house where my mom was raised and grew up at...and for some reason...my dad wanted us all to meet there instead of our house.
We were supposed to meet with the minister so each of us could give him a little story to read at my mom's funeral.

Anyway it was 4:00 and he wasn't supposed to be there until 5:00. I was depressed beyond imagination..and no way I was going to sit for an hour and get worse.

I got my SE out of the trunk...and began to creep accross the grass by the foundation where the old porch once stood.
It wasn't long before I got a high pitched whisper...had a plug dug...and popped out a 1941 Merc.

As I gently rubbed off some of the dirt...I glanced over my right shoulder...looked up at the sky...and there was a bright ray of light peeking right down at me...through an otherwise cloudy and dismal day. :angel11:

At that moment...I had a peace and calm come over me...and I realized my mom would always be with me...and would always have my back...just as she always had.

You see..I had hunted my grandparent's house a hundred times or more over the last 30 years...and never found silver.......until now.

My mom probably dropped this dime as a kid...and today was the day meant for me to find it. :angel7:

Attachments

• momsdime.jpg
    momsdime.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 23,959
  • momsdime2.jpg
    momsdime2.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 23,863

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep the story here gang! God Bless You Silver.

SKD

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -
Congrats my friend,That is one special merc.I would have a keep that one with me always. Have a Good one and Good luck on your next hunt :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome story, great find!

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool story silverfreak.My condolences on your Mom.I lost my Mom some years ago and had a similar thing happen to me.It's a long story but I found three state militia buttons on mothers day soon after and also found a spanish 1/2 reale at the same site a couple of days later after thinking to myself " ok Mom show me the silver" found the reale first hole I dug that day and it was the only silver I've ever dug there after searching it for years.Take care and best of luck.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
incredible find! Obviously will always be very special to you and so glad you shared the story with us!

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Great story. I hope the dime will always give you peace in your heart.
Dman

Corben

Jul 9, 2008
Sacramento
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000. V4
Garrett ATPro
Cool Bryce...
My mom died 8 weeks after we learned she had cancer. just one week shy of her birthday. Back in '07. One week later on her birthday my second grandon was born. Really miss her and not a day goes by when I don't think about her. Where would we be without our mothers boys?

Jul 11, 2008
Neosho,Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac ,Tesoro cibola
Please keep the story here Moderators:

Bryce,
Thanks for sharing the story and we can find things that are great,but nothing can out do the memories
in life.its not always what you get,(in your case it is).its the memories that make it all worth wild.
Stay tough buddy,were all here if you need anything.

LabradorBob

burglarifyoulike

Aug 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
thank you for sharing that story. glad for your find just at that moment. my sympathies to you.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sure you won't, Buddy. God bless you and your Mother. I know she's watching over you. Hopefully 09 will be a little better for you :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread