Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Kuger, in the photos, it looks like one find was at the end of a rotted fence post. Is this the case? You may have found an old Post Hole Bank. Nice find. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks,I dont know which picture you are talking about?Maybe the pictures of the clod?That was just the plug that was dug with the coin inside.The soil there has a lot of clay and leaves really neat impressions.No fences anywhere around.Good thought though :wink:

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
How did i miss this post?....AWESOME!!!!...I'm skipping work this weekend when it warms up!!!!!

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dangit, dangit, dangit...I can't get my new detector fast enough!

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector
This is what keeps me dreamimg at night about hitting a place like this.

Way to go!!!

OPUS1

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks its what we all dream about,and cant believe it when it happens!!!

purespeed

Greenie
Feb 4, 2009
kuger said:
O.K.......I have a life long friend that owns a ranch in Calif.that has a lot of Spanish history on it.It was kind of out of my normal type of site of hunting and It is about four hours from my home but I have been researching the area for some time,I finally got down there to do some hunting.As we were on our way to one of our suspect spots we were swing away when my cousin stops and digs a signal and yells something which I couldnt hear,but I could see that he was holding up a large silver coin!I ran over o him and seen that it was a Seated Half dollar!!!I have wanted to dig one for sometime!It was an 1858 "S", mint and it unbelievable condition!!I was ooggling it as he stands up and swings his detector once and says "look at this,I bet its another one!!"He was right!1862 Seated half!!!I am wanting to break his detector now!I couldnt beleive it.So I stand up and start swinging and get a ZINC PENNY reading,I am thinking if I dig a penny right here I am going to scream!So I turned the plug over and out rolls a GOLD COIN!!!(just as seen in the picture)I did scream!I also made quite a spectacle of myself.It is a 1863 $10 "S",mint.....only 10,000 minted!!!So after numerous high fives and yea hoos!(good thing we were out in the middle of no where)The next signal my cousin digs was a 1855 Seated Dime.Then I get a booming half dollar - dollar signal.....I am thinking here it is,my half!I was right!!1861 "S' mint.It isnt in as perfect condition as my cousins but hey I dont care!!All of this happened in about 10-15 minutes in about 10 foot square!!Unbelievable and by far the most incredible feeling I have ever experienced in detecting!It is now locked up in a safe deposit box and I miss her!!!
Who the heck would have dropped all those just about right on top of each other. But seriously I really do hate you, and your cousin! :(

acehunter

Feb 2, 2009
california
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, gold scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a dream day. Good luck on future hunts. The Gold is awesome.

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ
For me it would've been something like the M&Ms meeting Santa Clause commercial. "They DO exist!" *feint*

Amazing finds! Congrats to you and your cousin. Now buy that ranch owner a very nice bottle of wine...

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys,I hope that its not my last but if it is I am happy. :icon_jokercolor:

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been watching this site since the beginning of it and this rates one of the best threads I've ever seen here. In fact, for the type it is--I'd say it's the best!

Congrats and what an experience :thumbsup:

I have a friend who also hunts your general area and he and his buds dig thousands of Spanish cobs and coins (some 1600's gold) every year. They located an early trading post site which is now plowed field. The plows spread a cache all over an area about the size of a football field.

Most of the cobs are copper maravedis dating in the 1600's. After discussing these finds we came to the conclusion the Spanish must of fallen to an Indian raid and were never able to recover their cache of loot.

You live in a very exciting area!

MB

Twin Digger

Feb 13, 2009
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Very Nice I'm going to Las Vegas in a couple of weeks for a wedding and I was told to bring my F2 detector. I hope I have some kind of luck like you did.. Nice feeling I bet??

Good Job.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
I am going to make a second comment. I can look at this post numerous times and never get tired of seeing that gold coin shine in your hands! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread