GOLD AND SILVER!!!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.K.......I have a life long friend that owns a ranch in Calif.that has a lot of Spanish history on it.It was kind of out of my normal type of site of hunting and It is about four hours from my home but I have been researching the area for some time,I finally got down there to do some hunting.As we were on our way to one of our suspect spots we were swing away when my cousin stops and digs a signal and yells something which I couldnt hear,but I could see that he was holding up a large silver coin!I ran over o him and seen that it was a Seated Half dollar!!!I have wanted to dig one for sometime!It was an 1858 "S", mint and it unbelievable condition!!I was ooggling it as he stands up and swings his detector once and says "look at this,I bet its another one!!"He was right!1862 Seated half!!!I am wanting to break his detector now!I couldnt beleive it.So I stand up and start swinging and get a ZINC PENNY reading,I am thinking if I dig a penny right here I am going to scream!So I turned the plug over and out rolls a GOLD COIN!!!(just as seen in the picture)I did scream!I also made quite a spectacle of myself.It is a 1863 $10 "S",mint.....only 10,000 minted!!!So after numerous high fives and yea hoos!(good thing we were out in the middle of no where)The next signal my cousin digs was a 1855 Seated Dime.Then I get a booming half dollar - dollar signal.....I am thinking here it is,my half!I was right!!1861 "S' mint.It isnt in as perfect condition as my cousins but hey I dont care!!All of this happened in about 10-15 minutes in about 10 foot square!!Unbelievable and by far the most incredible feeling I have ever experienced in detecting!It is now locked up in a safe deposit box and I miss her!!!

Attachments

• justdug.jpg
    justdug.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 16,161
  • inprint.jpg
    inprint.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 15,837
  • inplug.jpg
    inplug.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 15,959
  • gold2.jpg
    gold2.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 16,134
  • gold1.jpg
    gold1.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 15,923
  • dirty half.jpg
    dirty half.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 15,784
  • dirty2.jpg
    dirty2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 15,639
  • dirty1.jpg
    dirty1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 15,546
  • all.jpg
    all.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 15,558
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 15,288
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 15,142
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 15,098

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coins of a lifetime all at once. What a day, Congratulations. Banner

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow,are you kidding? you guys sure are lucky the coins are in great shape.maybe it was a white white mans money and the indians played a game with it. just a thought.

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks!!They were all around 4-6 inches deep....the gold was only about three.I dont know what happened there,but I cant help but think it wasnt good.There were no other signals there aside from a hunk of lead that read as a ZINC PENNY!Thats not funny!!!! >:(

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow - any one of those coins would make a dream day - all 5 ???!!!

whew - only happens in a banner kind of day - you got my vote

big congrats, thanks for posting them !!!

vp

deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG...i just looked up the value of the gold coin.
Am I right?
Maybe $10k?!!

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting