Found a RECORD silver dime "Cache"!!!!!!!!

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Found a RECORD silver dime "Cache"!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the great find!

As for criticism, I have no idea why people even do that. Like who cares!

Enjoy the story and that's that.

I've noticed that lately there are fewer of the nasty sort on here.

Here's a saying I invented and IF you use it make sure I get the credit ;D

"It's not what something is that matters--it's what we THINK it is that counts."
by Me

Good hunting!

Hello,
Silver Mercurys are my favourite coin... its good that you have been so lucky.. that keeps hope alive for the rest of us!!
We have found 3 or 4 Mercurys around our house and you would have thought that it was christmas...
Great find X

HH
M

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

xXx......are you through with the dimes I loaned you for your pictures yet? I'd like them back.................................. :D

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky

i do beleave you. and what a sweet haul. makes me think all the over loads i got on my xlt over the years and did not dig. i just got a dfx last week and hope to be hunting soon when its a bit more warm. i hope you luck at finding another big one at the place

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Man what a haul...congrats on all of the silver...got me beat...the nearest I have come to that is my 48 dimes I find in one spot...never did find the other 2...keep hunting..who knows...maybe more where that came from...congrats and happy hunting...

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Me personally,would have taken off down the road with the goodie's and forgot I drove there!!One hell of a find XXX.Congrat's and keep us posted on your next visit.WTG!!

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California

Being as I am a curious sort, I would do some research and find out WHO was living in this house in the 60's. Makes you wonder why they never came back for their cache.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HOLA: NOW you know what it is all about!! You have just ruined heck of a lot of nice people heeheheh They are now hooked for sure!!

You qualify for my motto

"I exist to LIVE, not live to exist"

Till Eulenspeigle

A

Angela (Australia)

Well, you've certainly found lost treasure, the sort every detectorist dreams of finding. I'm still looking for a chest of gold sovereigns!!! I'm certainly in the right place to find one, if it's out there!!!
Thanks for posting. Cheers Angela :) :D :)

OP
OP
xXx

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units

Thanks for all the kind remarks.
I did go back to the home site just a couple weeks ago with Darren In NC. I fealt totally imbarrassed to drive around with him looking for the exact site for what seemed like a whole day. I kept telling him, "you would think with a find that great I would remember the dang location. Then I discovered why I couldn't find the property. The house had been recently torn down and most of the property had been bulldozed to make room for a new housing development. The little property that was still there was completely covered with trash. The location of the garden area was now plowed approximately 5 feet deep. We did search a little before getting frustrated with all the trash, but I think if any other "cache's" did exist here they are now long gone.
After leaving this site we did, however, go to an older school property (which by coincidence the school had also been demolished and removed) which was a few miles down the road. Close to the school's old location was again covered with trash, but moving to the back of the baseball diamond area prooved prosperous (and wet in the rain). The ground was covered with good signals and upon moving into the actual outfield yielded a few wheeties and older coins. I'll definately be going back in the next couple weeks to really work the "Wheet Field" with the DD 1400 coil.
Keep the coil to the ground.
xXx

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

The night before we were at a construction site where they were tearing down an old hotel. All that was left was an old pool. We were digging coins everywhere around the edges. It was so obvious that no one had ever been there. I don't coinshoot much anymore, but that made it worth the while. It got so late, we left a lot of targets behind. :P

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006

Unfortunately at us the poor country and silver coins have ceased to let out with arrival communism to authority, silver and the more so gold coins at us very big rarity, copper it is a lot of...

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains

THat must be one awesome exhilirating find. Belated mega-congratulations on that find. Sure would have given me a heart attack.

Postalrevnant

captinharry

Sep 30, 2006
Houston, Texas
Detector(s) used
Forked Stick

In the 1970's the US economy went into the tank, mainly under Carter, inflation was ~20%, real estate bust, very high unemployment, the mid-west was called the rust belt as all the factory's shut down, & there were many books on financial survival by I believe Harry Brown, very popular books, he was on all the talk shows & he recommended getting $1,000 or more in junk silver (circulated pre '65 coins).
I know many people that followed that advice including me & my family.
We dug it up as things improved over a few years, this could have been a survival cache from the same period.
I was in my early 30's then & remember the Moody brothers cornering the silver market, during the same period shotting up prices.
Started my intrest in silver, wish I could find some !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread