Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Found a RECORD silver dime "Cache"!!!!!!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    xXx
    us
    Nov 2004
    back in Indiana again
    Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
    28 times

Found a RECORD silver dime "Cache"!!!!!!!!

Due to criticism of great finds I had planned not to post this find from yesterday. But, I am so excited about it I have to show you.
    So, yesterday evening, I decited to spend an hour or so detecting at an old abandoned house that I had gotten permission to hunt a long time ago. It was an open invitation to hunt at any time.
    I'm poking around with a nice haul of clad from the grass driveway and I worked around to the back where I had never hunted before.
    I'm in what looked to be an old garden when I got an Overload hit on my MXT. I pretty much dig everything anyway, and being an odd place for a large piece of aluminum siding or something I decited to dig it. I had about given up on it thinking I had a hot rock or something when I hit metal at about 8". I thought it was just junk at first. After I saw it was an old metal box, like a kids lunch box, I started to get excited. It was pretty rusty.
    As it came out it was extremely heavy, letting me know there is something in it. I quickly opened it up to find a dirty towel. Inside the towel was 1,084 SILVER DIMES!!!! That's $108.40 FACE VALUE!!!! The oldest one is 1916 and they go all the way up to 1964 but stop there. It was as if someone knew that the silver was going to be of value and buried them for later.
    I spent all last night seperating them by date. Funny, and curious, thing is that there is a bunch of each year except for 1955 which there were none at all. I can't figure that out. Any ideas?
    xXx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Silver Dime Cache.jpg 
Views:	26907 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	72543   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Silver Dime Cache 2.jpg 
Views:	26551 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	72544   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Silver Dime Cache 3.jpg 
Views:	26298 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	72545  

Re: Found a RECORD silver dime "Cache"!!!!!!!!

What a find!!!!! Congratulations!!!

No criticism from ME!

Nana
    MD'erStEvO likes this.

nz
    AKiwi

Aug 2005
    Hastings, NZ
    Garrett GTA 500
    8 times

What a find!!! I live in hope
    Cheers
    MD'erStEvO likes this.
    The Road to Hell is paved with Good Intentions

us
    Oct 2004
    Jackson Creek,NC
    Ace 250
    1 times

Holy crap xXx........what a find! How bad did you mess your shorts?

I might have to go back to Myrtle and visit some old friends.
    MD'erStEvO likes this.

WHITE'S SPECTRUM XLT, SURF-MASTER PI PRO

Mar 2005
    NEW HAMPSHIRE
    6 times

Man what a great find...and for not posting this..we would all have missed out ..to bad there are a few bad appels..any way the reason you do find lots of good stuff like this is the simple fact you dig everything and the sceptics well the probably dig only the very good signals
    you said it yourself..it was so loud of a signal i almost did not dig it...i here that every time someone finds a cache..''IT WAS SO LOUD I ALMOST DID NOT DIG IT'''well i hope you continue to post all your finds..congrats on that cache H H

Gerry
    timemachine and MD'erStEvO like this.
    A LOST COIN SHOULD NOT BE FORGOTTEN

Mar 2005
    NEW HAMPSHIRE
    6 times

Quote Originally Posted by xXx
    Due to criticism of great finds I had planned not to post this find from yesterday.? But, I am so excited about it I have to show you.
    So, yesterday evening, I decited to spend an hour or so detecting at an old abandoned house that I had gotten permission to hunt a long time ago.? It was an open invitation to hunt at any time.
    I'm poking around with a nice haul of clad from the grass driveway and I worked around to the back where I had never hunted before.
    I'm in what looked to be an old garden when I got an Overload hit on my MXT.? I pretty much dig everything anyway, and being an odd place for a large piece of aluminum siding or something I decited to dig it.? I had about given up on it thinking I had a hot rock or something when I hit metal at about 8".? I thought it was just junk at first.? After I saw it was an old metal box, like a kids lunch box, I started to get excited.? It was pretty rusty.
    As it came out it was extremely heavy, letting me know there is something in it.? I quickly opened it up to find a dirty towel.? Inside the towel was 1,084 SILVER DIMES!!!!? That's $108.40 FACE VALUE!!!!? The oldest one is 1916 and they go all the way up to 1964 but stop there.? It was as if someone knew that the silver was going to be of value and buried them for later.
    I spent all last night seperating them by date.? Funny, and curious, thing is that there is a bunch of each year except for 1955 which there were none at all.? I can't figure that out.? Any ideas?
    xXx
    as far as the 1955 i bet that was the birth year of the person who put it in the ground

Mar 2005
    Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
    17 times

THAT IS INCREDIBLE!! congratulations!!? ill bet someone buried that casche when the gov declared that they were going to melt down all of the silver coins. what an awesome find!.........you can kind of sniff out a fake post ........no critisism here! this post looks real to me!!
    MD'erStEvO likes this.
    GTI 2500/ACE 250

ZumbroKid

Nice chunk of change!
    MD'erStEvO likes this.

May 2004
    Texas
    1 times

Nice find.
    MD'erStEvO likes this.

tt
    Apr 2004
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
    991 times
    Shipwrecks

Man alive, xXx...I should have known. Way to go, bro! You deserve it. I was going to call you, but I thought it might be too late since you stayed up all night last night with these coins.? Believe it or not, about the time you found the cache, I found one silver dime in the parking lot near my house. 1948 - no joke. I'll trade ya! Talk to you soon? 8)

Darren

PS - Who needs a dime from 1955 when you've got a Chevy?
    MD'erStEvO likes this.

us
    Jan 2005
    Great Falls, Montana
    White's DFX & a Sunray probe
    5 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I'm so glad you posted this, XXX.
    I don't doubt you for a minute. Congratulations.
    MD'erStEvO likes this.

Floater

Not sure where the Criticism is coming from xXx, since 1955 is my birth year and I just had a heart attack myself when I read your story, please post as many great finds as you can or anyone else for that matter.

I can see why you separated them all last night, because just like me or probably anyone else here you wouldn't of been able to sleep if you hadn't. LOL

Great find and congratulations. HH
    ~Floater~
    MD'erStEvO likes this.

Mar 2005
    NEW HAMPSHIRE
    6 times

Quote Originally Posted by Floater
    Not sure where the Criticism is coming from xXx, since 1955 is my birth year and I just had a heart attack myself when I read your story, please post as many great finds as you can or anyone else for that matter.

I can see why you separated them all last night, because just like me or probably anyone else here you wouldn't of been able to sleep if you hadn't. LOL

Great find and congratulations. HH
    ~Floater~
    i have to agree with floater i would not be able to sleep

that would be 108 oz at $7.00 an oz not bad $ 756.00
    MD'erStEvO likes this.

May 2005
    24 times

X,

that is one load of silver, congrat. on a huge find.

have a good un.............
    SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS
    MD'erStEvO likes this.
    In the academies many books, at the circus many sacks of peanuts, at the club rooms many cigar butts.

us
    Jul 2004
    Indy
    Cz3d
    3 times

Wow!!! for lack of a better word, what a find, Congrats!!!
    I couldn't understand why anyone would have any criticism on what ya find, and if they do. who cares, your the one with all them great coins... Makes me think about the alka seltzer bottle full of old silver dimes my father buried when he was a kid. He buried them by an old apple tree in his back yard. The tree has been gone for many, many years. He said he looked for them several different times with no luck. We were never sure if someone else had found them or what. The property is no longer in the family, and I'm not sure if I could ever detect it, but I keep it in mind, and maybe someday I'll get over there to find out...
    Good luck on ever topping that cache, & Happy hunting~

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links