Now I am a believer !! There are silver caches out there !! 5 and 3/4 lbs worth!

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Re: I am a believer! silver cache! final count,dates,new pics and a word on slander!

Wow again, I love seeing a find like this. Thanks for the pics, I don't know why but seeing all of those mercury dimes laid out like that is just incredible. The other coins are very nice too. Congratulations,

HH Charlie

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Re: I am a believer! silver cache! final count,dates,new pics and a word on slander!

yep some folks are of the spiteful "sour grapes" school ---- since they haven't found a cache --none can exist -- the old doubting thomas school of thought --sadly they often seem to go to great lengths and take great pleasure in trying to drag down others finds and ideals --pity those poor sad empty souls as you run your fingers thru the huge pile of silver coins you found .---- and as you can see "research" is the key * --

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!!!! I know I'd be looking for more...great! :thumbsup:

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE

I don't doubt you, I'd like to slap you, but I don't doubt you....

HomesteadHunter

Nov 14, 2008
Amherstburg, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75.

Their is no sense trying to understand why people can be so negative. To me, its all in the research and the hunt. You know you found it, and thats all that matters. I really appreciate you taking the time to post your fantastic find, and to share the story with us. Good luck on the dates, no doubt you have a few key dates in there. I'll bet a few of them could fetch you a new detector!.

James.
HomesteadHunter.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Sure hope we can get some close ups especialy of those standing liberties. If any are AU the'll bring a pretty penny.
Love to hear the count down and if you got some key dates

panthr

Apr 7, 2009

I am still amazed at your find! Fantastic! That guy was pretty ridiculous questioning the newspaper date... Hell I have newspapers from the 1990's here at my house :P Don't let the idiots rattle you. You don't have to explain yourself to anybody.

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II

I can't really add much that hasn't already been said, but I would like to say great job!

Like I told a lady this morning while I was out hunting, there's probably more coins underground than above, and sometimes they are all in the same spot!

GL topping this one though! :thumbsup:

Grip

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT

Don't worry about what others say. You know what you found and how you found it. I think it is fantastic that you found this. It was meant for you to find!!

Personally I have never found anything spectacular. My oldest coin is a 1909 penny and I have found 2 silver quarters and 2 silver dimes. That is it. If I can keep my hope going through posts such as yours then so be it.

You inspire me to keep going and for that I thank you!!!!

wyattrr

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2008
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Whoa...No need to defend yourself, that's eye candy for sure. The date breakdown on those coins would be cool. Congrats and HH

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Re: I am a believer! silver cache! final count,dates,new pics and a word on slan

civilman1 said:
Iron Patch said:
I have no problem exposing a fraud when I believe it to be the case, however...

I am a Believer! (too) :thumbsup:

The true satisfaction is making the find, not getting the pats on the back, so enjoy.
Amen and Congratulation's on one Hell of a Find!!!
I 2nd an 3rd this motion...

Finman

Mar 21, 2009
Seymour, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab - Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MaineRelic, Don't let a few jealous people rain on your parade!!!!! Major Congrats on the Cache!!!!! A true lifetime find!!!!

HH Joe

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Thanks for the update on the dates and types. Could you take a close up of the 1896 barber half, that could be a very valuable coin. Thanks, Charlie

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

Instant coin collection, for sure. You could nearly fill up a Walking Liberty Half, Washington Quarter, and Mercury Dime folder from that. Finds like this give the rest of us hope! Great job, again. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jimbob450

Feb 26, 2008
spokane,wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic I.D.

That is wonderfull. Did you manage to save the pot? Jimbob

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I did notice a couple of better coins from your list. The 1896-S Barber half and the 1917-D Walker (if it is an obverse D mintmark) The 1921 Mercury dime is not too shabby either!

I'm thinking the coins were stashed sometime in the mid to late 1950's as the 1940's Walkers do have some wear on them.

TTH

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Well I just want to add...besides me earlier congrats, that I thoroughly enjoyed the way you told of your find. Pics are great...but I like the story behind the find.
I never doubted for a sec.

Glad your time and effort paid off...in a big way.

Al

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Maine,
Sorry to hear you ran into some negative members. Like I said originally, your find is not only proof , but encouragement that there are still caches to be found out there. You were lucky enough to find one too. :thumbsup: You never know what you'll dig up next, and the old properties give relic hunters an edge at digging up buried treasures like yours. Congrats again to you Maine. A well deserved banner find. Send some of that old silver karma my way now. :tongue3: ;D :wink:
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread