Now I am a believer !! There are silver caches out there !! 5 and 3/4 lbs worth!

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Corben said:
M6?! Last night I thought it said "Tesero" by your Aviator!

It does say Tesoro on his avatar..MaineRelic...not Mainedigger.... :wink: And unfortunately it was he, not I, that found the cache... Was jsut curious as to what his intitial signal rang in as and read as a VDI. Guess the best thing to do is get a pile of silver coins and run the M6 over it, I am REALLY hoping it reads as a loud coin signal and not an overload or iron signal for I;ve ignored waaaaaay too many of those .... :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mainedigger said:
Corben said:

It does say Tesoro on his avatar..MaineRelic...not Mainedigger.... :wink: And unfortunately it was he, not I, that found the cache... Was jsut curious as to what his intitial signal rang in as and read as a VDI. Guess the best thing to do is get a pile of silver coins and run the M6 over it, I am REALLY hoping it reads as a loud coin signal and not an overload or iron signal for I;ve ignored waaaaaay too many of those .... :icon_scratch:
I do not have a VDI on my detector, Good quality earphones only. I knew it was a large nonferrous object, I also knew it was not an aluminium can which gives me a distinct hollow sound .

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Smokes !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: That is going to be a blast to just sit down and go through.

T

trish76642

Very happy for you! Thats an unbelievable find for sure! Way to go!

Corben

Jul 9, 2008
Sacramento
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000. V4
Garrett ATPro
Mainedigger said:
Corben said:

I was just testing to see if you were paying any attention! Good job.

cjprice

May 21, 2006
Cape Coral, FL
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Tesoro Silver Umax
I think I may have blacked out for a minute...........................

Attachments

• th_boratsaysverynice-1.jpg
    th_boratsaysverynice-1.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 4,811
  • th_boratsaysverynice-1.jpg
    th_boratsaysverynice-1.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 4,818

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: Holy smokes man, that is what this hobby is all about!! :thumbsup: I love it, thanks for sharing with us. Also please let us know the dates and conditions on these.

Steve

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Im thinking He found a Key date or two and passed out! All I can say is WOW! and that is a understatment

MrBling

Aug 12, 2008
North Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster PI/Garrett Ace 250
That's a dream cache!
Whenever a cache is found, I always wonder why the cacher never retrieved it Some possibilities:

Sudden death from a heart attack or stroke
Car accident
Drowned
Kicked by a mule
Ugly sawmill mishap
Sent to distant prison for bootlegging
Slid into dementia
Murdered
Went crazy

It would be interesting to research who owned that property in the 1940's and whether any of the owners died or suffered some other trauma at that time (without mentioning the cache of course) Cachers seldom have only one cache- there very well may be more at the site

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
uh can't forget WW2 * right around the corner. stashed it before leaving --never came back --not alive at least.

stillgottawork

Jun 6, 2008
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT , Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's funny......a few years ago while on vacation in Maine, I buried my silver coins in a clay pot.........in a field......by a spruce tree

near a old chimney...........about 8in. down in the ..............HEY...WAIT A MINIUTE..................

a BANNER VOTE for sure.............hope you make one of the magazine covers...................... :thumbsup:

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW... I do not need to say Banner as you are already there..... but Banner anyway ;D Now that is what I am looking for, a nice cache ::)
Congrats on your fantastic, and hey search more around there, you just never know..... Find some history on the site for us...

God bless
Peter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread