Now I am a believer !! There are silver caches out there !! 5 and 3/4 lbs worth!

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeap !! I am a believer ! I told my wife this early spring that my goal this year metal detecting was to find a 1700,s coin ! my oldest coin thus far was an 1841-O-1/2 dime I found this easter day in this field I had been working all spring! ( if you don't count a large cent I can't get a date from ) before this coin I had found 4 indian heads all in the 1800,s from this field earliest being 1863 but no silver!! HOWEVER I also found 2 colonial copper buttons in this field which were clearly hand made and had no trade mark of any kind ! I considered these 2 finds greater than the 1841-O-1/2 dime . This is why I was concentrating on this field cause I thought it would eventually cough up my 1700,s coin! Well today I did not meet my goal ! But I surpassed it in a way ! I hit a portion of the field near the woods that started producing spoons , 4 of them, Forks 2 of them , and a little bit of pottery ! Ah! a thimble!! not extremely old but relatively deep 6 to 8 inches. Most had been hit by the plow! I now of course suspected there was a house nearby at one time. I was close to the tree line that had actually crept in from the road into the field and decided to hit the strip of woods close to the road to see if I could find a foundation or other evidence of it. I saw an old chimney base about 10 yards off the road in the woods and was actually heading straight for it with M. D. on when I got a strong signal near a really big spruce tree about 20 yards from it ! I used my army shovel scince I was in the woods and did not have to worry about cutting sod and took a big ! scoop out ! signal still in hole GOOD . I THOUGHT I might actually get a silver out of this spot I had been working all week!! another shovel !! signal still in hole and very strong !! I was almost certain I had at least a silver quarter maybe even a half dollar!! scince my M. D. was screaming even with disc ! turned up quite high! Well I'm dragging this story out ! Here is what I found ! A red clay flower pot at 8 inches down filled with silver coins. Take a look, I found this at 5:30 this afternoon and have only had time to weigh what was in the red clay pot!! Yes 5 and 3/4# of coins !! Looks like the latest of them is in the 1940,s I have to go start cleaning and Take an inventory on what I found!! I will post a count later !! HERE IS A PIC OF COINS AFTER I POURED THEM OUT ONTO TO NEWSPAPER ON THE KITCHEN TABLE FOR MY WIFE!! I WILL GIVE YOU A COUNT LATER!! I actually stoped at the grocery store on my way home 2 by a bottle of wine 2 celebrate and I brought the bag of coins in with me and put them on the veggie scale ! 5 and 3/4 pounds worth!!!

Attachments

• P1010715.JPG
    P1010715.JPG
    195.9 KB · Views: 46,305

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
Now that silver would have never made it home if it were me; I'd have died on the spot!

GREAT find and congratulations!

Grip

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Now I am a believer !! There are silver caches out there !! 5 and 3/4 lbs wo

BANNER!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! Absolutely amazing!!!!

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
Holy Chit!!!! That is awesome man!!!! Walkers and standers...WOW!!!! That is a find of a lifetime!!! 8)
Over $1100. in silver value alone!!!

mlhudson

Mar 19, 2006
GADSDEN, ALA.
Detector(s) used
All White's Detectors MXT and IDX_pro, ANY OLD DETECTOR WILL DO
ALL I CAN SAY IS " OH MY GOD"

DO YOU SEE ALL THAT SILVER

DARN GOOD JOB, CONGRATES

MLHUDSON :thumbsup:

3searchin

Jun 20, 2006
3 in Central PA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i, Whites TDI beachhunter
un - FREAKIN - believable ..................great job.

It's out there we just have to find it. I think I just drooled on my keyboard.

What a find
Lets see them all cleaned up!!!!!

good job
3S

tank014

Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Ace 250, Garret 1250
Unreal!!!!!!!!! Banner all the way. Congrats. Hope you find some more later!!!!!
HH,
Frank

Sir Digs-A-Lot

Sep 14, 2008
Orlando Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II and ACE 250
Re: Now I am a believer !! There are silver caches out there !! 5 and 3/4 lbs wo

Holy Cr&p! Good for you! Now I'm a believer too. That is awesome. Looking forward to the full list of what ya got there.

BANNER for sure!

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This find should quickly make the banner and it will get many many posts!!!

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow :icon_king: u are lucky as all heck banner

GerryL

Oct 30, 2008
western MA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup:
Amazing! I wouldn't be able to sleep after finding that one! That sure is a beautiful sight. Congrats!

But did you hang around long enough to look for the flower pot of gold next to it? ;D

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you need to go play the lottery or go to Vegas!

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUM!

Corben

Jul 9, 2008
Sacramento
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000. V4
Garrett ATPro
WAY TO GO!!!!
And you know there is a lot more like that out there!
I would have loved to seen your expression when you first realized what you found....
BANNER!

PS Hope there's a fly eagle there for you....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread