St. Louis road trip to a POUNDED park gave me a $1000 dime. A shocker 1916D Merc

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Totally fantastic Bryce. I almost had a heart attack for you when Nick called me....You are DA MAN..and Congratulations..most awesome find. Gotta be a banner for sure.

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing!....thats a dream find for sure, I think about it every time I dig a merc before I look at the date. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: BANNER congrats big time, way to dig it!

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
How exciting! congrats. I'm headed to St. Louis next month. Hope I get that lucky! lol

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax
:o :o awesome !!! Iam glad for ya!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hogge said:
CONGRATULATIONS BRYCE! I'm glad your hunt with " The Godfather" turned out so well. I know you hunt very hard, and now the reward, with a rare coin, IS YOURS. I can't think of anyone more deserving than you. My BANNER vote is in. The mods better give you this! Your T-Net Friend........ Hogge :thumbsup:
Thanks Hogge. I hope it makes the banner. I know it nearly caused me to need a change of shorts :wink:

allen said:
congrats on that beauty !!!!! :thumbsup:
Thanks Allen

gibsondan said:
You are a true metal detecting celebrity. Awesome post! Congrats on the rare Mercury dime.
Thanks Dan.

dfx willy said:
man bryce you sure have a thing for mercs! maby we sould call you merc master now. willy.
:D Thanks Willy

stoney56 said:
WTG silverfreak! Looks like the hunt was worth the trip! :thumbsup:

Hey Nick, tell silverfreak no more sammies, he owes you dinner @ Acero's! :wink:
Thanks Stoney. You're right...but if I offer to buy dinner...then I miss out on his "sammies" ;D

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love reading your stories, I felt like I was right there with you brutha! Congrats on getting the Big $$$ Merc!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude,
You are AMAZING!!! The holy grail of Merc's. Congrats on a BANNER find Bryce.
Well deserved big guy. :icon_king:
-MM-

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the find. "Banner for sure"

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SC_hunter said:
Totally fantastic Bryce. I almost had a heart attack for you when Nick called me....You are DA MAN..and Congratulations..most awesome find. Gotta be a banner for sure.
Thanks SC. When Nick handed me the phone...and you told me what it was worth....I literally had to crouch down to keep from passing out ;D

whitesPA said:
real cool find :thumbsup:
Thanks whitesPA

EpsilonMinus said:
Awesome story, man! Like you seem to be implying, the adventure and time spent with your friends made the trip as worthwhile as the cool finds themselves. Thanks for sharing this, great stuff!
Thanks Epsilon. You are 100% correct. The friends and fun are worth more than the finds made. Seeing the Yeti eating berries was worth the price of admission alone :thumbsup:

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Bryce. Has your heart rate slowed down as of yet? Congrats on one awesome find. :thumbsup:

drodda777

Mar 13, 2009
Dave, Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-MAX
Bryce,

Another great post and another great find by the master. Does not surprise me in the least that you would find a coin of this stature. IF they are there to find I think you are the one who can sniff them out.

I envy and hate you all at the same time! :icon_scratch:

Keep em coming, :thumbsup:

Dave

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Sweet find and if this isn't a BANNER coin, then there shouldn't be a Banner!! Congrats on the "Big Daddy" of Mercs!!

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WooooHooo!!!! congrats on an awesome find! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: just amazing that they are still out there! congrats again! keep it up! best of luck and HH

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's amazing, congrats on the rare dime! It personally looks much more like an AG to me but that's besides the point. You scored big! 8) Think you might sell it? Congrats to you again.

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Absolutely fantastic Bryce!!! Great story also..You've got my vote for Banner! :thumbsup:

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -
Bryce that is awesome !!!!!!!! Congrats on a Great find.That one is on my list and hope to get lucky one of these days !!!! WTG and Good luck on your next hunt !!!! :thumbsup:

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who says that good guys finish last? Well they were wrong this time. Congratulations on the dream find, the holy grail of metal detectors everywhere! I am personally grateful to you for the knowledge you have shared over the years, and I was thrilled to see you hit the big one. See you on the banner!
Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread