St. Louis road trip to a POUNDED park gave me a $1000 dime. A shocker 1916D Merc

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Congrats on the 1916-D . That is an awesome find. I have been using your settings and digging some good stuff. When you get a chance check out my post. You have helped me find a lot of nice coins and relics.
Thanks
Dman

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: St. Louis road trip to a POUNDED park gave me a $1000 dime. A shocker 1916D

Great story. Congratulations on your holy grail. That is what I call a good hunt.
TnMtns

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ModernMiner said:
Dude,
You are AMAZING!!! The holy grail of Merc's. Congrats on a BANNER find Bryce.
Well deserved big guy. :icon_king:
-MM-
Thanks MM. I would be honored if it made the banner. I guess we'll see.

Goes4ever said:
I love reading your stories, I felt like I was right there with you brutha! Congrats on getting the Big $$$ Merc!
Thanks G-4. If you were there with me...you would have been laughing your arss off too.
Take care buddy

Marc(NB) said:
:o :o awesome !!! Iam glad for ya!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks Marc

cntrydncr1 said:
How exciting! congrats. I'm headed to St. Louis next month. Hope I get that lucky! lol
Thanks...and good luck. It's fun to hunt old beat up spots.

Yarrum said:
Awesome find!!!!! Is it really worth a grand ? :o
Sounds like a great day.
Thanks buddy. Yes...it's actually worth $1000 in AG-3 condition...and up to $1500 in G-4 good

postalgriff said:
Amazing!....thats a dream find for sure, I think about it every time I dig a merc before I look at the date. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: BANNER congrats big time, way to dig it!
Thanks friend. I wish I could SEE the date ;D

dave in iowa

Jan 29, 2008
iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Track, Minelab S.E. , and a Whites Prizm 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great find bryce , ive found 3 1916 mercs but no mint/

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jack(IN) said:
Sweet find and if this isn't a BANNER coin, then there shouldn't be a Banner!! Congrats on the "Big Daddy" of Mercs!!
Thanks Jack. I sure had a great time with lots of laughs over the weekend.

Drodda777 said:
Bryce,

Another great post and another great find by the master. Does not surprise me in the least that you would find a coin of this stature. IF they are there to find I think you are the one who can sniff them out.

I envy and hate you all at the same time! :icon_scratch:

Keep em coming, :thumbsup:

Dave
Thanks Dave. I appreciate it. It's all about fun for me. I would have been happy digging just one keeper from that pounded place. It's a good thing too...because I only got the sweet Merc and one lonely wheatie from there ;D

camb1 said:
WTG Bryce. Has your heart rate slow down as of yet? Congrats on one awesome find. :thumbsup:
Thanks Bruce. Nope...it's still pounding.

beetle662 said:
Awesome! Great story and an even better find! Once in a lifetime no doubt!

Congrats! Well deserved! :thumbsup:
Thanks beetle662. It was a day I won't forget.

Old River said:
Congrats on the find. "Banner for sure"
Thanks Old River

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dman said:
Congrats on the 1916-D . That is an awesome find. I have been using your settings and digging some good stuff. When you get a chance check out my post. You have helped me find a lot of nice coins and relics.
Thanks
Dman
Thanks D...and thanks for letting me know my settings have helped in some way. That means more to me than any monetary finds.
I'm glad you are getting some goodies. I'm in this hobby for the fun and peace it gives me. What you just said to me makes it all that much better. :thumbsup:

The Buzzard King said:
You gotsta be kiddin' me! :o Nice find Bryce! Major score!

WTG! :thumbsup:
Thanks BK

rodgerdodger said:
Congratulations Bryce. What a nice find. Banner.
Thanks RD

muleskinner said:
Boo Yah Bryce! Huge find. And ya did it with Nick and Bigfoot. I'm sure you would have been just as happy no matter who found the coin. Here's to good times and good buddies! MEMORIES!
Thanks my friend. Truthfully...you are 100% corect. I couldn't have cared less who found the dime...although the Yeti might have tried eating it ;D

terpfan said:
Who says that good guys finish last? Well they were wrong this time. Congratulations on the dream find, the holy grail of metal detectors everywhere! I am personally grateful to you for the knowledge you have shared over the years, and I was thrilled to see you hit the big one. See you on the banner!
Steve
Thanks Steve. I really appreciate what you said. It means more to me than you could know. :thumbsup:

t-bucket said:
Bryce that is awesome !!!!!!!! Congrats on a Great find.That one is on my list and hope to get lucky one of these days !!!! WTG and Good luck on your next hunt !!!! :thumbsup:
Thanks G-Money. Next hunt...maybe you can be there too. :thumbsup:

litefire56 said:
Absolutely fantastic Bryce!!! Great story also..You've got my vote for Banner! :thumbsup:
Thanks buddy

Nate in Ohio said:
Wow that's amazing, congrats on the rare dime! It personally looks much more like an AG to me but that's besides the point. You scored big! 8) Think you might sell it? Congrats to you again.
Thanks Nate. No way I could sell it. It is a part of something I'll never forget. I would like to get it authenticated...then just put it in the bank lockbox fort my daughter to have some day.
As for the grade...it can be C-1 crappy for all I care ;D I'm not a collector....I just like findin' stuff. Take care buddy

coltdavis said:
WooooHooo!!!! congrats on an awesome find! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: just amazing that they are still out there! congrats again! keep it up! best of luck and HH
Thanks CD

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bryce , There is the silver lining to the fact that you have hunted to death all your local parks, causing you to go

on frequent road trips out of area , allowing you to score the merc of all mercs, and the choice silver rings and

other coins . Isn't it amazing what life surprises us with when we least expect it ? Great story ! Nice to see you

getting stoked up again my friend . BANNER !!! Argentium.

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
Bryce,

That only could happen to the 'silverfreak'! :thumbsup: Great story, throwing a '16-D merc back and forth... :tard: Even better that you had a couple of buddies with you!

Jim

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG Bryce :thumbsup: Congrats on finding the most elusive of all Mercs! It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy! I vote banner too!

Nat

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that fantastik find Bryce. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I am thinking maybe more than $1000.

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Wow man, that is one hell of a nice coin. I dont care how worn it is, its gorgeous. I absolutly loved your story, thank you for such a nice long descriptive post. After reading about your hunts, I am in awe of the patience and persistence you exhibit. If I am ever in your neck of the woods, I would love the opportunity to follow you for a day just to watch you work and listen to those iffy signals. I feel like you have mastered your machine, and I stand in awe of your skill and results. Congratulations on an outstanding hunt and a suberb find.
Anthony

fender346

Feb 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
explorer se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmmm.. 9" down? :icon_scratch:
...damn I gotta get rid of this ace250 ;D
congrats man !

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations silverfreak..........So far this year I have found 4 1916 mercs, 2 plains & 2 s mm.........No D mm ,but all 4 were heart stoppers..........Good to see you got the money maker....Happy for you man

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread