Finding 2 Old Cellar holes ,While searching for something else (new site Pics)

OP
OP
The Seeker

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Finding 2 Old Cellar holes ,While searching for something else

;D ;D Here are the finds from the old Place .....Tim hope you enjoy....Seeker

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Maybe now is the time to get an 14" - 18" coil hooked up and go deep...? With such a good site, I would use everything at my disposal...

Regardless...I know it isn't only the site. It takes motivation and desire to get out there...congratulations, you deserve it!

OP
OP
The Seeker

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

? ? ? I would like to thank everyone for their comments and the time to write them...this week is gonna be a great week at this site . with the weather just great here in the north east and not a speck of snow on the ground , the time is perfact to dig a few more areas around the old cellar hole and see what we can come up with . with the amount of items found at this site , plus the feuchtwanger coin 1837 and pipe stems a glass artifacts. some where their is the out house and a dump which should give up some blown glass and early bottles from 1840 and older....here are a few more of the pics I hav'nt posted but i will share with the forum.... these pics are of the place where all the coins , buttons? and Relics were found ,as in the pics you can see the creek along the one side of the foundation and the cellar hole which is about 15 X 20? . Most likely it was a two room cabin or tavern.... you never know what you will find!!!!!!? ? ? ? Thanks again and good luck in all your searches.....Seeker? ? ?;D

Attachments

• Old Place Pictures 1-11-05 004 Medium Web view.jpg
    Old Place Pictures 1-11-05 004 Medium Web view.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 16,956
  • Old Place Pictures 1-11-05 007 Medium Web view.jpg
    Old Place Pictures 1-11-05 007 Medium Web view.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 16,851
  • Old Place Pictures 1-11-05 009 Medium Web view.jpg
    Old Place Pictures 1-11-05 009 Medium Web view.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 16,635

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
Wow, nice pictues, you can tell just by how cool that site looks that there is tons of stuff there!

I need to get out and find some old sites like that on private property...in my part of VA, most forest is National Forest...I know where many, many old sites are, but they are all on NF.. :(

Good luck!

OP
OP
The Seeker

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the pic with the 3 three silve pieces notice the 1834 Bust with the 2 holes in it ...I read that the reason was they were used as buttons and also they were used as jewelry by the Indian ..As they traded their goods and furs for coins and wore them as jewelry.... I always wondered....Thanks Seeker

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Hey Seek, I notice in alot of your pictures, that you are usually on an old road....are these sites you find generally back in the country or well off the beaten trail?

S

southbound

WOW Seeker, I am really impressed!!!! Great haul. Research pays off Keep em comin! Vern :)

dgaughan

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2004
east northport ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 5 Garrett ace 350
thanks for the story and the pictures seeker. you have to keep us posted on that other site you mentioned at the beginning. congrats and hh

Dig This

Dec 26, 2005
western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Re: Finding 2 Old Cellar holes ,While searching for something else (new site Pic

Ok john, I seen all the bells you posted we need to get pics of mine that you missed and I got. John calls me at 8:45 this am and wants to know what I am doing?????? its 5 below zero and he wants to take a ride and look to go places to dig.....U R nuts John. As sonn as weather breaks we can go back here and start sifting dirt...I nedd the silver from this site. ;D

Smartin

Feb 4, 2006
Kingston, Tennessee
Seeker,
Wow man, how do you find time to post your finds? I'd be camped-out on that spot. Ive got about a dozen spots similiar to your's, but for now they're just possibilities.

You defintely have the nose!

Smartin

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Hey Seek....in that third picture down...next to the king Louis ....thats a temperance token....just in case you are wondering....LOL..once you see one ...you dont forget them...Do I win a prize now????

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
You've proven once again it pays to do some research. Thats a really great haul, Congrats on your finds. Its really gotta be hard to walk away from a site like that thinking you've found it all lol. They'd have to drag me away kicking and screaming :D

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice pic's,you wouldn't even know that place existed.Guess the research really does pay off,been doing more and more lately.Nice group shot of your find's,Thank's for sharing...HH!!

J

jgpreston

Seeker, I am sooooo envious!!!! :) WTG I can only dream to find things like that. Good luck on return outtings! HH

OP
OP
The Seeker

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jeff (Dig this) ....here are the finds from the old place, and I threw in a few more lost pics I happen to find in my files.....enjoy !!!

Attachments

• Picture 151 Large Web view.jpg
    Picture 151 Large Web view.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 15,480
  • Picture 071 Medium Web view.jpg
    Picture 071 Medium Web view.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 15,360
  • Picture 075 Medium Web view.jpg
    Picture 075 Medium Web view.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 15,163

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread