Giant house filled with tons of cash and antiques!!!

JeromeAz

May 31, 2013
That's a great story! Awesome finds! I wish I could have gone through my grandmother's place. She had a farm with a big house and a really big barn. My uncle, her son, took out a loan against her property, he ended up with cancer and passed away. She was unable to pay the loan so she lost her farm. I wasn't told about it and I was overseas so I missed out. Congrats on your find!

Cycluran

Aug 14, 2013
Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Forked Stick
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do that, Marc! I have some relics to sell and I hate the Ebay fees!
EBay!

(...unless you want me to set up an auction site here at TreasureNet! ;) I might be willing to do that - since it sounds like you would have a lot of stuff to help kick start it! )

Sounds like fun!

(sorry to hear about your girlfriend's great grandmother though :()

JeromeAz

May 31, 2013
That's a great story! Awesome finds! I wish I could have gone through my grandmother's place. She had a farm with a big house and a really big barn. My uncle, her son, took out a loan against her property, he ended up with cancer and passed away. She was unable to pay the loan so she lost her farm. I wasn't told about it and I was overseas so I missed out. Congrats on your find!

acepro

Mar 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I belive if you take the sword apart you can see the maker? sometimes they marked it, try looking up online how to disassemble katana or somthing along those lines

caroldupree

Mar 23, 2014
Cut open the mattress. My great uncle use to stash his money in it. What town is this house in? You got a goldmine. Carol

MichiganMan

Jun 13, 2008
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
A cheap one until I can decide on a very good brand-name one to buy.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still around guys!

ShootTheMoon, I do appreciate the warning but there WAS an executor; though self proclaimed. I'm sure he took most all the stuff of value before we even saw the place. We know he cleaned out her bank accounts and safety deposit boxes as well as her pristine 80's Caddy.

These things are what I found after digging through the endless piles after he had gone through it all.

The house has since been leveled and the lot sold very quickly as it was in the middle of a city (Woburn MA) and zoned commercially.

allen_idaho, thanks for the info on the guns! We still have all of them and haven't figured out what to do with them yet.

You NEED to take them down to the local police station and have them run the serial numbers; when that checks out okay the family member should register them in her name. You don't want to try and sell them and find out they were used in a crime. You would be in DEEP doo doo until they figured out that mess. Which they obviously would but you don't want to go through that kind of thing if you can prevent it.

johnny2theg

Jun 1, 2014
Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aaron,

The reference to the "Beekrock" story is a long posting about a fellow who inherited a house full of trash and mysteries. He was somewhat mysterious about the things he supposedly "found" and then one day he just stopped posting. Many readers felt like they were lead along and then duped. Your story has no relativity to that story though. I (and we) appreciate your posts and can't wait to see more pictures. Quite unusual to say the least. Hopefully you'll be able to use someone's detector to hunt walls, fireplace (if one) and the yards.

Keep us posted and good luck!

David

I'm new member and have really enjoyed catching up on all of the 'best of' threads. Some truly inspiring stories! One thread I have seen referenced several times is the 'beekrock' story. There were a couple links posted in other threads, but the links were dead. Does anyone have a link to this story, as it seems quite interesting...if not controversial.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where's the room that looks like this...?/?

View attachment 1019600

waiting till my neighbors move out and will go over to hunt for scrap twenties.........!!!!

hey drug dealers have a lot of money.......why do you think the NSA calls their SIGNIT grid the Treasure Map???

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I belive if you take the sword apart you can see the maker? sometimes they marked it, try looking up online how to disassemble katana or somthing along those lines

Cut open the mattress. My great uncle use to stash his money in it. What town is this house in? You got a goldmine. Carol

You NEED to take them down to the local police station and have them run the serial numbers; when that checks out okay the family member should register them in her name. You don't want to try and sell them and find out they were used in a crime. You would be in DEEP doo doo until they figured out that mess. Which they obviously would but you don't want to go through that kind of thing if you can prevent it.

You all realize this thread is over 8 years old don't you?

I'm new member and have really enjoyed catching up on all of the 'best of' threads. Some truly inspiring stories! One thread I have seen referenced several times is the 'beekrock' story. There were a couple links posted in other threads, but the links were dead. Does anyone have a link to this story, as it seems quite interesting...if not controversial.
Unfortunately the beekrock thread was deleted years ago. Unless someone actually saved it then it is no more.

where's the room that looks like this...?/?

View attachment 1019600

waiting till my neighbors move out and will go over to hunt for scrap twenties.........!!!!

hey drug dealers have a lot of money.......why do you think the NSA calls their SIGNIT grid the Treasure Map???
Really? You came on here to say that?

Jun 18, 2014
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 305

Whites Dual Pro Surf PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any Star Wars stuff? You mentioned "space toys" in your post, and I'm a huge vintage toy collector.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The most I have ever found was from an old trailer in the woods in Ellsworth Maine, abandoned on an old lot,

was a box of Henry VIII Invincible Deluxe Cigars. from the 80's....smoked every one myself....

Most Hilarious I know....but Im working a few other solves on some old riddles and looking into going to a few locations before this August out in Colorado to do some old prospecting and metal detecting of some old sites to see if I can Jackpot some old stash from the Sundance Kid's old hangout areas

Still looking for one of these in Vermont......

View attachment 1021006

JeromeAz

May 31, 2013
This might be 8 yrs old but he's still finding money. Just the other day he found a nickel on the sidewalk. lol

I don't think it matters how old it is, people will still write like it just started.

Lexicon7

Jan 1, 2016
Bend Oregon
Detector(s) used
Just getting started and enjoying it! I am a retired land surveyor and used the Schonstedt GA-52Cx Magnetic Locator to locate property corners! It was a blast & I never forgot that!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any "Barn Find" automobiles in that garage? Maybe an old Indian motorcycle???

cache finder

Dec 23, 2015
SF Bay Area
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow awesome finds! I do this on the side, I pay cash for houses that people don't want to clean up (like the aunts and uncles you were talking about) I have found some amazing things in the houses and have returned some amazing things to the owners that I thought would be sentimental or worth more than I paid for the house. If they want to sell it tell them to go here I buy any house in any condition, as-is!

Hope you guys take your time and take pics and write down all the finds. I know its a lot of work but well worth it in the end. (i'm only on page 4 of this thread)

updt:
(just read it all, didn't even realize this thread was so old!! lol)

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, a very old thread. I'm surprised that nobody else has had or heard of similar "finds".

When my wife and I got married about 16 years ago, we used to go to a weekly auction in town. Over a number of weeks, there were lots of very old items that were ALL new-in-box, still with price tags, new-never used!! Toys, gams, tools, kitchen gadgets/fine china(!!!), etc, etc, etc... TONS of 30's and 40's dresses/gowns, all formal, all with original price tags. We didn't have much money, but were able to buy one of the old items. It was an old yard sprinkler, still in its box. I had heard my folks say for years they wished they still made sprinklers like that, Well, we bought it for....I think for $1. Sent it to my folks. When my dad passed away in 2014, we found that sprinkler in a closet, still in the box. Apparently they were afraid to use it, thinking it might be worth too much money.

These amazing finds are still out there. Maybe someone will find another one soon and share all here.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
# 1, aaron7, I would like to marry your girlfriend. Keep looking.

Last edited:

hisdimple

Tenderfoot
Dec 22, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanna go play over that house. Couple hidey places my grands used ( Auschwitz survivor)......envelopes of money and certs taped to the back of drawers, false kick plate on doors, valuables hung on strings and dropped down switch plate holes, empty spaces under clothes washer. Just FYI. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread