Giant house filled with tons of cash and antiques!!!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Attachments

• Rockingham bennington Nappy bowl.jpg
    Rockingham bennington Nappy bowl.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 41,788

JohnRoy

Greenie
Oct 26, 2005
I once sold a Singer 222K sewing machine on Ebay for about $860 for someone; Singer 221Ks are worth a few hundred (not as rare as the 222K). What is the model in your photo?
-John

OP
OP
aaron7

aaron7

Aug 24, 2005
Townsend, MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
We meaning me and my girlfriend's immediate family. The other people in her family (aunts and such) just want to trash it all so they can sell the house and divy up the $$!

bigticket

Nov 9, 2005
aaron7 said:
We meaning me and my girlfriend's immediate family. The other people in her family (aunts and such) just want to trash it all so they can sell the house and divy up the $$!
Silly people.

N

Noble Metal

aaron7, if the Aunt and uncles are thinking of money, then just be sure your girlfriend and her parents tell them, 'slowly', cuz there is alot of money inside, or in the walls :) So, just hold them there pigs off :)

Like Big ticket says, theres ALOT of Silly people running around :)

Keep us posted, and have fun :o

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
i' possibly interested in the toys and crocks of any kind. keep us postedif you get ready to sell anything thank you

Marty

OP
OP
aaron7

aaron7

Aug 24, 2005
Townsend, MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Found a large COFFEE can fuill of silver!!! I'll get pix asap. Liberty halves, washington quarters, buffalo nickles, tons of mercury dimes!!!

Also a weird rubber car from Irwin... it's very strange!

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Check all those dimes for the valuable 1916D :)

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been just about two weeks since you first made this post.I realize that there is a lot of "stuff" to go through.You do have some interesting items there, and i'm sure there are many we haven't seen yet.Is any of this "stuff" gonna be yours(girlfriends) legally?Are you planning on auctioning any of it off on eBay? I think you might have mentioned it,no?Maybe that was a responder to this thread. At any rate,you would be surprised what you could make off of some of that "stuff".People sometimes pay ridiculous prices for things you would never think are worth a dime.Or maybe you couldput together in a "lot" some things in the classified section on this forum to trade for a nice detector to search the grounds of this house.Did she have a garden in years past?

OP
OP
aaron7

aaron7

Aug 24, 2005
Townsend, MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Legally? well, I guess that?s a grey area. Right now no one is appointed the executor of the estate. My girlfriend?s uncles are total sleazes (I?d use worse language, but this is a family forum >:|) and are pillaging all her assets. One uncle had power of attorney when she was alive, and emptied her safety deposit boxes for himself. How do we know? He is dirt poor and a week later he is driving a BRAND new SUV that he paid cash for, and is putting a big addition on his home. The other uncle took her (g grandmother?s) 1982 Cadillac with ~30,000 miles on it and sold it (he found the title), and we just learned last night that the 32 Ford that was fully restored in the garage is gone. I?m sure my girlfriend?s family will never see that car or the money it sold for again.

So, is it legal? Probably not. But if we stand back and do nothing, the house will be emptied (as in, all trash) and sold so they can divvy up the money that much quicker.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you and I know exactly what you mean.When my great grandad(born 1893) died years ago ,I remember everyone in the family fighting over who gets what.I was just a kid so I didn't have a say in anything.He lived with us my whole life until a month before he passed.We moved across the river out of state so he moved in with a great uncle of ours.Needless to say they took everything.A living will is a must nowadays, if you want your property to go to the right people.I just wish I had some small momento of his, to remind me of him and the times we shared together.He was the one who got me interested in coins and antiques and such.Now all I have are faded memories....... :( :(

bigticket

Nov 9, 2005
diggummup said:
I hear you and I know exactly what you mean.When my great grandad(born 1893) died years ago ,I remember everyone in the family fighting over who gets what.I was just a kid so I didn't have a say in anything.He lived with us my whole life until a month before he passed.We moved across the river out of state so he moved in with a great uncle of ours.Needless to say they took everything.A living will is a must nowadays, if you want your property to go to the right people.I just wish I had some small momento of his, to remind me of him and the times we shared together.He was the one who got me interested in coins and antiques and such.Now all I have are faded memories....... :( :(
That is really too bad what happened to you, but if you just want a memento, maybe you can still get one somehow.
Also, you mean a regular will. A living will is about what you want to happen to you when you are still living (medical care, etc.).

bigticket

Nov 9, 2005
aaron7 said:
Also a weird rubber car from Irwin... it's very strange!
Who is Irwin?
:D
By the way, I am sure that everyone else who reads this thread will agree that it is great that you post all of those pictures.

suwannee pirate

Feb 12, 2006
Lake City FL
Detector(s) used
excalibur,garrett,micropulse
The proper way to unload that stainless steel 22 derringer is to push the button on the end of the shaft that the cylinder revolves onand pull the shaft out ,that will allow the cylinder to fall out . Then take the shaft and push the bullets out from the front of the cylinder . When loading it leave 1 bullet out that rest under the hammer,so if the gun drops and lands on the hammer it won't discharge. There is a safety on the hammer to prevent that from happening,it is the first click as if you were cocking the gun, not all of the way back,that would be full cock and ready to shoot. Good Luck and be carefull! Bob

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
if the aunts/uncles are so quick to want to trash everything i would by all means immediatly contact a dumpster company to deliver a 40 yard dumpster to a spot right outside the front door, have the aunts/uncles come over and help you throw all that garbage out, and without further question have the dumpster company deliver the dumpster to a spot beside your garage, cover it with plywood and a tarp, and take your sweet time sorting through all that trash........not to talk bad about anyones family but some people are so greedy for the money they fail to see anything else, as happened when my grandmother died....they trashed everything but the money,coin collection,stamps,etc...which they divided amongst themselves to never be seen again unless you go to the local antique/pawn shop.......but, being the trashman, i have many things that to me have a value so high no one could purchase, like her doughbowl, rolling pin made by my gfather, the knife she always used while cooking, and many other treasures.....................gldhntr

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I agree...get the dumpster....There are so many people out there that will step over a dollar to pick up a penny....

bigticket

Nov 9, 2005
The proper term is container...
Anyway, there have been a lot of comments about how the relatives want to get rid of all of the "treasure" and sell the house. The "VERY large" house must be worth a ton of money, and is therefore worth a lot more to the relatives than all of the little things worth $100 or $200 apiece, which would take a long time to go through and sell, and which would bring less altogether than the house. The relatives might be greedy, but they know that the real money is in the house and the vehicles. The smaller things are neat, but how can anyone critcize the relatives on any grounds except greed?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread