All Treasure Hunting

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Re: Happy Happy Gypsy

Fantastic finds Gypsy, I sincerely hope there's alot more to come for you! I take it what you thought was a swastika was actually that windmill? Beauty! :o

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Thanks everyone....and yes I am still dancing,my knees are still froze,my back hurts and I will be back out there at first light...cant get to it in summer by walking ,but I can walk on the frozen lake now and can reach it ....otherwise I would have to climb down a really steep embankment in the summer through locust treess and blackberry brush...hahaha.....That coin says Confoederatio Helvetica 1919 ...and 5 on the back....I never find money...so I havent a clue yet what it is....But I love the pottery....

Yes that is a sad iron, a pair of skates, a huge hinge door knob ,horse shoes with nails in them and dresser pulls.

Jeffro...the other pitcher has a raised relief swatsika on front and back no potters markings or stamps on the tho....Does anyone know about it???

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Outstanding Gypsy, congrats on a great discovery! I love finding a bottle dump more than finding an old coin! And you did both!!! Keep us posted on what else turns up there!

PS: Helvetica is the Roman name for Switzerland, and is used on all Swiss coins!

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006

:o Holy Cow! How exciting to find the pottery and bottles, then on top of that to find the silver inside one covered in mud. :D I'm so happy for you, that must have been a real thrill finding all of that. Just be careful,especially since you said you are walking on a frozen lake. I bet you find some more COOL stuff there. Continued GOOD LUCK! :)

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

Only thing I know about the swastika piece is that ANYTHING thats original with a swastika on it goes for decent money these days. Don't know what to think of that...

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado

I Hate You!!!! LOL Just kidding But seriously try not to get hit by a car with that loot!
CONGRAT"S
Dano.

Smartin

Feb 4, 2006
Kingston, Tennessee

Gypsy,

Slam dunk for you!!! I keep reading about these great finds without detectors and I'm thinking, " to dig... or not to dig...,this is the question"??? I know you'll be dig'n anyway.

Smartin

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats that is awsome!!!! I cant wait to see the other treasures you find there!!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Gypsy, that is just totally amazing!! Couldn't happen to a better person. Dress warm and get some extra padding for those knees. Pack in a thermos of coffee and remember to stay calm. LOL Good luck tomorrow and HH!

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry Gypsy no need to go back to the site. That light you see out your window is me searching now. Thanks for the site.
You no the old saying when Gypsy's happy we all are Happy. WTG I just hope you realize there is a hunting limit on bottles that are 1890 or older. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( Your sad friend who needs lots of bottles. Burdie

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.

Nice haul Gypsy! Any ideas to what the button in the third photo (toward the right) is? What a site you found!... should keep you out of trouble for a while. :) -Ben

suwannee pirate

Feb 12, 2006
Lake City FL
Detector(s) used
excalibur,garrett,micropulse

Wonderful finds you made there ,couldn't of happened to a more deserving person than yourself.Good things happen to good people,karma you know. Take two big bags to haul the loot next trip! Good Luck ...Bob

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congratulations Gypsy! I hope you find more, looks like a great spot. Tsgman

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.

Sometimes the McCoy marks are hard to read, sometimes they're just marked it "USA" ... but thats all I know about that. Keep going Gypsy!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Holy smokes!!!!!!!! You are the luckest person alive!!! Great story and keep us posted. Good stuff!!!!!!!!! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread