Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Today I Hit The Metal Detecting Jackpot - 1825 George IV GOLD Sovereign!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2005
    Three Rivers
    Minelab Etrac Xp Deus
    753 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: Today I Hit The Metal Detecting Jackpot - 1825 George IV GOLD Sovereign!

That's a real nice coin.

Congrats on the find

HH Jer

Quote Originally Posted by KalamazooHunter
    Wow - Amazing find and story! I'm so jealous!!!! I agree with the poster earlier, check out to see what was going on in that area back in the day. And I'd definitely go back there again before they start building houses.

Man, A Gold Coin, Awesome - good for yoU!!! I've been detecting for over a year and have yet to find even a silver - you're story inspires me to keep on looking though!

Me and my hunting buddy are going back today. Seek out old areas and farm fields where they have been farming for over a hundred years and you'll find the silver.

gb
    Jun 2005
    Northampton, UK
    Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
    13 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)

Wow great story,,,, but even better coin. I wish you all the best for your future finds.

God bless
    Peter
    God Bless, Peter Gill

Website: http://petergill.webs.com "Peter Gill's Virtual Home".
    All items found using Garrett Ace 250 and the Tesoro Silver Sabre II metal detector

us
    Jan 2005
    Choctaw Beach Florida
    Etrac,Excal II,Cibola with garret and minelab pinpointers
    903 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (3)

Good for you!! I always like to see hard work rewarded. Hope you find a couple more.HH
    God and country.

Jan 2006

Awesome!!! Can't imagine the feeling of finding gold...
    Then to follow it up with some silver dimes...
    Nice!
    Congrats...
    Bu

Jan 2005
    Oregon
    4 times

What can I say Book? Incredible. Amazing. Awesome. Fabulous. Outstanding. Spectacular. Wow. Did it come out of the ground corroded? LOL.
    EAT MORE GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by slow sweeper
    What can I say Book? Incredible. Amazing. Awesome. Fabulous. Outstanding. Spectacular. Wow. Did it come out of the ground corroded? LOL.
    Dave,

Thanks very much for the accolades. Good old corroded silver what a guy.

us
    Nov 2004
    Rhode Island
    87 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

That is one truly awesome find bookfisher! Time to give the treasure mags a ring and let them write it up for you! Congradulations on a magnificent find, and wonderful coin!! HH!

Jan 2005
    Oregon
    4 times

I still smile when I think about our battle with corroded silver. But seriously, that is an unbelievable find. Might be hard to top that one. Definately contact Western and Eastern Treasures if you have not done so already.
    Bill, my hats off to you. Congratulations.
    EAT MORE GOAT.

us
    Jan 2005
    Great Falls, Montana
    White's DFX & a Sunray probe
    13 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Bookfisher....you made my day with that find.

Thanks for the great story, too. That's inspiration for all of us to keep on looking!

Quote Originally Posted by slow sweeper
    I still smile when I think about our battle with corroded silver. But seriously, that is an unbelievable find. Might be hard to top that one. Definately contact Western and Eastern Treasures if you have not done so already.
    Bill, my hats off to you. Congratulations.
    No I haven't contacted the magazine. I figure if they want the story, wouldn't they contact me? Your right, probably a tough one to top; and I won't think about topping it. If it happens it happens. I'm happy just to get out and find some old silver coins and relics.

Charter Member
    us
    Please leave a ring after the beep!

Sep 2004
    Aiken, SC
    Ace 250
    117 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Wow....I can't even fathom finding a beauty like that. Congrats, Congrats!!

Happy Hunting,
    Moon
    Even the mightiest Oak in the forest is just a little nut that held it's ground!!

Remember to take a walk in the shoes of a loser! Quote by Moonshadow 2/17

davehood

That is fantastic Fisher. I just got started on the road to MDing. But reading stuff like this gives me hope that one day I can find something wild like that. BIGGGGG CONGRATTTSSSSS!!!!

rvbvetter

Great find!!!! And good eye!! WTG!!! HH

us
    Pulltabs = Gold. Returned to owner 1946

Apr 2005
    Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
    18 times

Only March and already the coin of the year!
    Let somebody beat that.
    earthworks..

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links