1st GW Inagural Button!!!! (1789) - video included!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 1st GW Inagural Button!!!! (1789)

metaldetector101 said:
Don in SJ said:
Congrats on a super find and whatever you did to it, looks great! Not sure if anybody said what variety yet but it looks like the 63 marks type which would be Albert's WI 12C (WHB18) variety. Was hoping to count 72 marks, but just could not add up the extras ::)

Don
So how much is it worth?

Hard to say, because it's whatever someone would pay. Just think of it as being worth a new detector.... but I think it would be a very bad idea to let the money influence you and think about selling it. It very well might be the best thing you ever find so why not keep it. And free money goes very fast! In 10 years from now no matter how many hundreds it would be sold for, it would all be long gone, and so would the button. It will always be worth some money so just look at it as savings. :thumbsup:

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Great Find..... Congrats on the BANNER!

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch said:
metaldetector101 said:
Don in SJ said:
Congrats on a super find and whatever you did to it, looks great! Not sure if anybody said what variety yet but it looks like the 63 marks type which would be Albert's WI 12C (WHB18) variety. Was hoping to count 72 marks, but just could not add up the extras ::)

Don
So how much is it worth?

Hard to say, because it's whatever someone would pay. Just think of it as being worth a new detector.... but I think it would be a very bad idea to let the money influence you and think about selling it. It very well might be the best thing you ever find so why not keep it. And free money goes very fast! In 10 years from now no matter how many hundreds it would be sold for, it would all be long gone, and so would the button. It will always be worth some money so just look at it as savings. :thumbsup:

Proper answer from IP, here is what I think, but agree with IP.

[/quote]
So how much is it worth?
[/quote]

It is in good shape compared to some others seen, best I can say for you on value is go to (google) auction sites and look for this particular variety and see what it went for, and consider if in better or worst shape. If none found on Stacks, Heritage or ebay, then perhaps a member here had the exact variety that sold and could give you an estimate. Or the easy answer would be, it is worth what a buyer will pay.

Don

OP
OP
metaldetector101

metaldetector101

May 17, 2009
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i

Iron Patch said:
metaldetector101 said:
Don in SJ said:

Don
So how much is it worth?

i am not going to sell it but what is a ballpark guess?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

metaldetector101 said:
Iron Patch said:
metaldetector101 said:
Don in SJ said:

Don
So how much is it worth?

Well even the poor dug ones get a few hundred, and your button is better than that... so would think at least $500. I don't think it would get a $1,000, so my guess would be about $750 on a good day. But that's just my thoughts and others can see it quite different. (and it's only the folks who actually dish out the $$$ that count)

OP
OP
metaldetector101

metaldetector101

May 17, 2009
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i

MaineRelic said:
A beautiful dream find ! I would vote but I do not need too ! It's already up there ! BANNER Outstanding ! At 15 years young your future is so bright in this hobby you have to wear shades ! MaineRelic
thanks man

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch said:
metaldetector101 said:
Iron Patch said:
metaldetector101 said:
Don in SJ said:

Don
So how much is it worth?

Well even the poor dug ones get a few hundred, and your button is better than that... so would think at least $500. I don't think it would get a $1,000, so my guess would be about $750 on a good day. But that's just my thoughts and others can see it quite different. (and it's only the folks who actually dish out the $$$ that count)
Wish I had this button for EBAY.........I MEAN.....For my collection! :laughing9:

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
welcome to the GW club! beautiful shape and congrats on a well deserved banner!

RelicRick

Aug 29, 2006
Jockey Hollow
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the Club! That is in pretty good shape! Congrats on the button and the banner!

Relic Rick

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! Welcome to the club. You can actually see the stamp come thru on the reverse on the button.

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet button and in very decent shape :icon_thumright:

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a great button.

My wife wants me to find one so we can get the basement finished...lol. What she does not know is if I find one I would never sell it...mine, mine, mine.

NJ

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N.J.THer said:

My wife wants me to find one so we can get the basement finished...lol. What she does not know is if I find one I would never sell it...mine, mine, mine.

NJ

So what you mean is what she doesn't know, is that she wouldn't know. :D

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice button indeed! Gotta love this section of our state for the Rev. War history.

Brian

OP
OP
metaldetector101

metaldetector101

May 17, 2009
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i

MaineRelic said:
A beautiful dream find ! I would vote but I do not need too ! It's already up there ! BANNER Outstanding ! At 15 years young your future is so bright in this hobby you have to wear shades ! MaineRelic
thx so much

comfortablynumb

Sep 8, 2009
NW Missouri
Please take IP's wisdom to heart. You sell the button (which is on most serious detectors' wish lists), and you no longer have it. In a few years, this button will still be on everyone's wish list, and all you will be able to say is you had one, but sold it... Wouldn't it be so much better to be able to share a pic with all those envious detectors?

OP
OP
metaldetector101

metaldetector101

May 17, 2009
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Iron Patch said:
N.J.THer said:

NJ

So what you mean is what she doesn't know, is that she wouldn't know. :D
should i get this professionally graded?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread