Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Adventures With Nana & DiggerBug CW Pic Heavy

So this adventure began about a month ago, with Lisa and her non-detecting hubby Bruce taking a mini vacation for the weekend. She had already done a bit of research and secured permission on the areas that she had her eye on to explore before they arrived for their weekend of R&R. As she and her hubby rode by site after site she came upon this particular field that was littered with daffy's. Now we all know those daffy's are a sure give away to the old long gone sites, so she decided to give it a whirl.
Lisa pic daffys.JPG
Plenty of iron to be dug and a few hits of copper here and there. This was the last day of vacation and the day was getting long. She wasn't satisfied with the few bits and pieces she had dug, so she tells Bruce that she wasn't leaving until something good was dug out of there. He waltzes over, picks up the extra detector that Lisa had brought along (just in case). He goes to the opposite side of the field and gets to diggin'. Within minutes Lisa hears him call out that he's found something with a USA on it. She hops up with an OMG blurting out and starts making her way toward him. Two or three steps later he's changed that to, "Wait...it's not USA, I think it's CSA." Lisa had now gone from a trot-OMG-I'm-getting-there, to a OMG-sprint to see what the heck this non-hunter has dug up! :o Sure as heck, he's found a magnificent CSA buckle! I don't think he had any idea of the importance to that piece till he saw Lisa doing that happy dance because his next comment was, "Can we go now?" :smileinbox: :D She immediately calls me and tells me of his good fortune. The excitement in her voice was something I'll never forget.
Lisas pic buckle.JPG
The next several weeks we spent hours researching the area. We kept telling ourselves that there must be something else there. We made plans to go back but weekend after weekend something would come up and we'd have to delay going. Well this weekend we were both able to get away so we headed out Friday morning. The weather was perfect! No weeds, no snakes, no bugs, temps in the 60's and a sky as blue as I've ever seen. We get to diggin' and didn't stop till dinner time. We've both came up with keepers and after a tad of cleaning and a bunch of chatting over our day, we retire for the night. I didn't sleep a wink. :P And as daylight broke the next morning, I get ready for another day of digging. I wait a respectable amount of time and hurry over to Lisa and Bruce's place. Seems she didn't get any sleep either and was ready to get back out there! :D This was our last day and I had to be back for baby girls birthday party or face dire consequences. :-X We get back to our site and dig till we couldn't dig any more. I'll have to say that I was extremely happy with the finds and look forward to going back before the year is over. Some of the items here we need help on ID's. We have a passle of iron and we're going to assume they are non-keepers unless some sweet someone will take the time to look over them and tell us different. :-*
I had a great time! :)
Lisa's keepers.....
Lisas pic keepers.JPG

lisas buttonback.JPG

Nana's....
100_2056.JPG
100_2053.JPG

100_2074.JPG
100_2076.JPG

100_2081.JPG

100_2084.JPG

100_2087.JPG
100_2063.JPG

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Adventures With Nana & DiggerBug CW Pic Heavy

pics...

100_2066.JPG

100_2088.JPG

100_2047.JPG

100_2048.JPG

100_2095.JPG

100_2096.JPG

100_2097.JPG

100_2104.JPG

100_2098.JPG

Whew. Done! :wink:

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

You, Lisa, and her Non Digging Hubby tore it up Nana. Excellent finds. I believe the SC buttons are the prettiest of all CS buttons. Congrats to all 3 of you, Quindy.

U

umrgolf

WOW, congrats to your friend on a terrific buckle :headbang: The one that has me baffled is the Mississippi button :icon_scratch: Almost all of your digs seem to be CW or earlier, but I can't find that button anywhere. :dontknow: and a SC, and all the other goods too :o amazing

btw, whats the large silver thing? a broken powder flask??

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Great buttons! The 'A' team was certainly workin' the place over.Is that blade item part of a draw knife.or a hoof pick?Try to get back there,there may have been a blacksmith forge close.Don't forget to look for the dump area.

traverdog

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Henderson, Nv
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Beach Surfer

Neat finds but a FANTASTIC buckle. Congratulations!!!!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOW Nana.....That S.C. Button is pretty but that Mississippi Button is a pretty rare button and other than the C.S.A. buckle, may be the FIND of the hunt! AN INCREDIBLE post and buttons and one that should be on the Banner :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

:hello2:

And here's the post! WOW, Nana. It couldn't happen to a better person. Of course this will make Banner, So I'll say it now,

Congratulations on the Banner!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Holy Smokes, Nanners! You've got yourself a fantastic site there. A place like that is worth 3 or 4 more trips to clean it out.

Congrats to you and Lisa! :icon_sunny:

KyFreeBird

Mar 21, 2009

:hello: :icon_thumright: Super finds !!!!!! CSA Buckle every Southerner's dream find !!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Mississippi Button is beautiful !!!!!!!! BANNER finds for sure !!!!! Congradulations !!!!!

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hello Nana! :hello:
Great post and finds... congrats !

DiggerBug

Oct 28, 2006
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

warsawdaddy said:
Great buttons! The 'A' team was certainly workin' the place over.Is that blade item part of a draw knife.or a hoof pick?Try to get back there,there may have been a blacksmith forge close.Don't forget to look for the dump area.

Yes Warsawdaddy, it's a draw knife. Cool huh?

Thanks ya'll. Donna's been on a button roll lately, but my favorite thing she dug was the match safe. And I couldn't believe Bruce pulled that buckle out of the ground the first time we were there! It was his first real keeper too!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

W :o W!!!!! These are some eye popping finds. That Mississippi button is incredible...I've been searching the www (and I have a gut feeling you have too), they're not easy to find. I did find one and it's not that clear of a picture, but I do believe you have something extremely rare. Congratulations! Now Nana, you are just gonna have to have Lisa & Bruce come to CTH4...they can not miss all the fun.

Bruce, awesome find. I know Lisa's still doing the happy dance. I hope this find will encourage you go dirt fishing more often.

Picture%201156.jpg

FortBedfordbob

Dec 25, 2007
Bedford Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, GPX 5000

That is without a doubt one of the Best group of Finds I've seen in a long time. Congrats to all !!

BB

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"

you guys must be exhausted.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

River Rat said:
W :o W!!!!! These are some eye popping finds. That Mississippi button is incredible...I've been searching the www (and I have a gut feeling you have too), they're not easy to find. I did find one and it's not that clear of a picture, but I do believe you have something extremely rare. Congratulations! Now Nana, you are just gonna have to have Lisa & Bruce come to CTH4...they can not miss all the fun.

Bruce, awesome find. I know Lisa's still doing the happy dance. I hope this find will encourage you go dirt fishing more often.

A hard to find and beautiful Indian Wars Mississippi! You take that along with the CSA buckle and South Carolina Button and you have a Banner post there all the way! :headbang:

M

MiniMe

{Sentinel} said:
A hard to find and beautiful Indian Wars Mississippi! You take that along with the CSA buckle and South Carolina Button and you have a Banner post there all the way! :headbang:

:headbang: Totally agree with Sentinel. Congratulations to you all on Banner finds!

Palmetto

Mar 21, 2009
UpCountry, SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,Teknetics T2, Fisher Goldbug,
Whites 5900/ di Pro sl
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Fantastic finds!!
What a great assortment.