Gypsys Ghost Town Hunt 9/10 pics added

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Re: Gyspy's Ghost Town Hunt

except for the storm, sounds like a blast! Pretty neat findings, too. I bet you and the girls can't wait to get back-

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Man oh man! Totally awesome!! What a great story and pics. My hat's off to you, CONGRATS!

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Congratulations Gypsy!!!!, I'm so glad all your hard work paid off. It looks like you and the girls had such a good time. I cant wait to see and hear the rest of your story.

kenb

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

more

Attachments

• cellarholedigs1.JPG
    cellarholedigs1.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 20,345
  • Cellarholedigs2.JPG
    Cellarholedigs2.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 20,228
  • Cellarholedigs3.JPG
    Cellarholedigs3.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 20,129
  • 20 inch lid.JPG
    20 inch lid.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 19,967

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gypsy,

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome...your story, finds & pics.

So happy for you and the girls.

;) River

R

rvbvetter

Great great story!! Really looking forward to reading more.
I'm sure you know this already, but just in case. Redwing is highly sought after by collectors. Some what like McCoy pottery is.
You're a real credit to treasure net. Congratulations and WTG!!! HH

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia

Great pics. Do you travel with a dog? I have a hundred+ pound female cur cross. Nothing gets close to my camp without me knowing.

MAINE HILLS HUNTER

Mar 24, 2006
Oxford Hills of Maine
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW. Gypsy I love the stories that you give us. They help me "be there". You are a great writer and did I say wow! Great Finds! I really look foward to more in a few weeks.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

WoW! :o The Queen of Iron!

What a great story and pictures!

Keep it coming. I'm feeling highly motivated.

Super cleaning jobs too.

My main site is a major historic location also. Due to the owners of the property, I can't tell who or what at this time. But I can say my location is one of the most important historically for the state of Michigan. It took me 13 years to locate this site. I only found it because an old timer (now dead) gave me a tip.

So far I've dug maybe 300 good artifacts. I'm estimating that there are as many as 2000 to 5000 more at the site. This was a very large and early lumbering camp few even know about. I even found what appears to be a large horse drawn wheeled plow. See, Michigan lumberjacks only did their logging work during the winters. They needed the snow to slide the logs out and to kill the insects. During the summer they farmed, hunted, and canned foods. The plow is buried about 3 to 8 foot deep. It would take heavy equipment to dig and remove it.

This stuff is great fun!

Badger

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Michigan Badger said:
WoW! :o The Queen of Iron!

What a great story and pictures!

Keep it coming. I'm feeling highly motivated.

Super cleaning jobs too.

My main site is a major historic location also. Due to the owners of the property, I can't tell who or what at this time. But I can say my location is one of the most important historically for the state of Michigan. It took me 13 years to locate this site. I only found it because an old timer (now dead) gave me a tip.

So far I've dug maybe 300 good artifacts. I'm estimating that there are as many as 2000 to 5000 more at the site. This was a very large and early lumbering camp few even know about. I even found what appears to be a large horse drawn wheeled plow. See, Michigan lumberjacks only did their logging work during the winters. They needed the snow to slide the logs out and to kill the insects. During the summer they farmed, hunted, and canned foods. The plow is buried about 3 to 8 foot deep. It would take heavy equipment to dig and remove it.

This stuff is great fun!

Badger
Thanks alot. I am still waiting to post additional photos and the rest of the story. My camera died and I need to get a new one to take pics of all this stuff I dragged home.
As far as cleaning any of my items...I laid them on the concrete and sprayed with the hose....thats it LOL!
There is a ton of stuff still there and it would take me an entire summer to go through it all. I plan on going back in a week or two.
I also dug up a horse drawn hay rake,but couldnt get it out . Have arranged for a man to help me with a tractor. Because you know...you never know when you might need one....Lord someone stop me ....I have more rusted iron than I know what to do with.

digman

Jul 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
L-Rods & MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gyspy, all the luck with you,
have a nice time, waiting your post,
Digman.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

Gypsie, your are an awesome writer & one kick ass treasure hunter! Unbelievable story & great pics too! This needs to go into the "Best of TN" catagory if Jeff hasnt put it in there already. Im hungry for more! ;D

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mighty AP said:
Gypsie, your are an awesome writer & one kick ass treasure hunter! Unbelievable story & great pics too! This needs to go into the "Best of TN" catagory if Jeff hasnt put it in there already. Im hungry for more! ;D
I'll second that motion! Gypsy your finds are awe inspiring.Can't wait for the rest of the story.

Z

ZumbroKid

Post number 19's picture is the swimming hole i swam in as a young Free. The little road is locally known as Moonshine alley. Thanks for the pictures from back home.

R

rvbvetter

You know Gypsy

It couldn't hurt to offer up one sacrifice to the detecting Gods.
C'mon! Couldn't we offer up a Pete sacrifice?
I mean heck! If it didn't appease the Gods.
I'm sure it would at least appease some people in here. ;D
HH

Holy mole

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Re: Gypsy's Ghost Town Hunt

Zumbrokid said:
Post number 19's picture is the swimming hole i swam in as a young Free. The little road is locally known as Moonshine alley. Thanks for the pictures from back home.
You should have been detecting the old store site and the town around it instead of swimming ...hahha...you wouldnt believe the stuff I pulled out of there. The old bridge is gone and you cant get there the old way. Went in to the end of Mooshine Alley ,where the old logging camp was also. Great stuff. Took the canoe up river and tons of old places.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread