Gypsys Ghost Town Hunt 9/10 pics added

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Re: Gypsy's Ghost Town Hunt 8/27/pics added

I'm just curious Gypsy, have you found any documentation on Indian tribes in the area? That rock pile looks like something we have out here in Oregon. A rite of passage for Indians out here was to go out on their own for a week or two, starving themselves until they had visions.... all the while doing physical labor to help bring on the visions. Piling up rocks was one practice.

Maybe the rock pile came from a farmer clearing his field though. Any ideas?

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Can't believe I missed this till now, that is just outstanding Gypsy!!! What an awesome site and research! Thanks for sharing a great post! That Mill, built by Europeans, all the Mills I have seen here in Germany have been built away from the water source and a channel was routed from the water to the Mill. Iron is selling for about $15.00 a ton in Europe, I've started saving Ox shoes again. HH and I look forward to more, Mike

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great post, I can't wait to hear the continuing story of your journey!
I love this kind of stuff.

R

rvbvetter

Beautiful site and scenery!!! Looks like a ton of fun camping out there. Hope you brought some fishing gear. Looks like a good spot to get some fresh fish for dinner. Can't wait for your next pics. WTG!!! HH

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

i cant believe i missed this thread either! what an awesome post! very well done gypsy! i feel as if i were there with you with the pictures and exellent writing! maybe you should plan a return trip in the late fall when the awful heat and the underbrush dies away some. it looks like you and the girls had a vacation that will be remembered for a long long time. this is really great stuff!

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am so jealous of your site. You have done a great job doing this post, The history is coming alive through your pictures. I am looking forward to more pictures. I am proud of your work that you have done so far. I have a better
view of this community because of your research. Burdie

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You absolutely ROCK !!!
Go girls.......

Trez

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

anything new Gypsy ?

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gypsy,
You have a gift for writing. The memory's that you are making with your girls on these outings will last forever. Years from now your grandchildren will listen wide eyed as your daughters tell story after story of the adventures that they shared with you. They are fortunate to have you. Keep up the good work. I always enjoy your post

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota

Wow- absolutly amazing. Nice read!! Can't wait for the "rest of the story"!
how did I miss this thread? Too captivated by My own piddly finds- LOL ;D
Good research Gypsy!!
Congrats and tell Us more!!!!

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Gyspy's Ghost Town Hunt 8/15/pics added

gypsyheart said:
...and all those spoons....pure lead.

Gypsy, could those spoons be pewter? Even though pewter spoons were used mostly before the mid-1800's, there were several companies making pewter table wares well into the 1920's. Some pewter is rather soft, like lead. I'm pretty sure it depends on the amount of antimony that was added.

BTW great pics, that iron cleaned up nicely. I am jealous of your relics ;D ;D

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great post gyps! You should look for more Indian stuff in those areas. I think you could find quite a bit. NEVER camp under a pine; thought you knew better. Just so you know Rusted Iron....ALL of the spoons gypsy finds are lead. ;D

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

packerbacker said:
Great post gyps! You should look for more Indian stuff in those areas. I think you could find quite a bit. NEVER camp under a pine; thought you knew better. Just so you know Rusted Iron....ALL of the spoons gypsy finds are lead. ;D
Thanks everyone...I am again heading back there this weekend. And since the forest is pine...I dont have to much choices on where to camp.Haha.
And you are right....all of my spoons are lead.!

T

TreasureTales

Great narrative. Awesome finds. Shouldn't have any trouble selling your story and pix to a magazine. Or better yet, write a book and self-publish it. I'd buy a copy!!

That little cabin is the type of place I've been wanting to find/buy all my adult life. What a cutey-pie.

Cheryl

Nov 28, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Wow, Gypsy! This is such a great story! And it's not done. So cool! Looking forward to your post about the finds from the weekend.

HH
Cheryl

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Gypsy,I apologize for not getting thru this thread sooner.I got one word for it - Beautiful! and I'm talking not only about the scenery or the finds or your great ability to write,but the way you and your girls seem to be so intuned.The real treasure is the 'togetherness' and love you guys share with one another,it's apparent in many of your posts.I hope you have been keeping a scrapbook for these memories.All the best---Now! just where is that stream with all that bedrock?I hope you have been digging around the cracks of that rock and panning some gold!

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Holy CATS! You gals freakin' ROCK!!

That's - just beyond mere words. When you get this published, I'm in line for a copy!

Keep on keepin' on,
Nan

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

How did I miss this........Sweetie now you are witnessing and experiencing research in action!!!!!......you have done an excellent research and a great field search.
Congrats!!!!!!.....Keep up the good work....my crew will be cheering for you...

Best,

Chagy.......

Attachments

• 16_226-15.jpg
    16_226-15.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 15,230
  • pirates-of-the-caribbean-dead-mans-chest-20060623044148816.jpg
    pirates-of-the-caribbean-dead-mans-chest-20060623044148816.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 15,139

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread