Gypsys Ghost Town Hunt 9/10 pics added

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Gypsy's Ghost Town Hunt 9/10 pics added

excellent digs and great follow up/post!

Looks like a lotta fun!

hh

Lonewolfe

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)

find the privy and get some bottles too!!!!!!

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hey Gypsy,

I have only now just seen this message...... You are a great story teller, a motivation to your children, great historian, great scrap yard dealer.....
When are you going back there so that we can see more pictures? And how far are you in the writing of the book?

God bless
Peter

T

treasurejack

Gypsy, I spend a great deal of time in places just like the one in this post and I wouldn't have it any other way. "Off the beaten path" is the only way to go, there's much to see and much to find. And you are also a super writer! But to me, the best part of this post isn't what you found, but rather it's the fact that you included your kids. I'm betting they'll never forget the adventure/adventures as long as they live. Super job all the way around!

MichaelB

Aug 13, 2005
Mobile Bay, Alabama

Gypsy, Well Done!

Your girls will remember that adventure forever. I call it "making memories" when I take my two girls and son out. They love every minute of it.

Well done.

MichaelB

Chester Copper Pot

Apr 16, 2005
WI
Detector(s) used
Whites Idx Pro

I must have been living in a van by some other river. I totally missed this post until now. These are great finds in an area I have put only a small amount of research into. This area is only a little further west of my "neck of the woods"; as I prefer the Black River to the Jump. Keep at it and good luck this summer.

Capefearsman

Mar 5, 2007
Cape Fear, NC
Detector(s) used
XLT,Double Eagle

All I can say is let me know when the first book comes out!! Great story!, Well Done!, Awsome and all of the above!

Capefearsman

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good luck and don't forget to post finds later. HH
Burdie

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Have fun,stay safe and drive off from all of us watching you leave with tears in our eyes from envy for a ghosttown.

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007

What an interesting story! I can't believe I missed this until now. (Serves me right for hanging out with those coin roll hunters all day. ;) )

Seriously, gypsy, you just outdid yourself!!! :)

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

Gypsy...what can I say that hasn't been said already! Obviously I need to view other topics rather than the tunnel vision I have cause I totally missed this until today and have been reading with envy you and your girls experiences and finds. Your experience shows the real value of diligent research!

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gypsy

Sounds like your in my neck of the great Wis North Woods. If you want a parnter for a day let me know. I'd be honored to go with you.

fishboymike

Jul 21, 2005
Athens, GA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 pro

Hey gypsy as a former Michigander I appreciate what Im reading it really takes me home. My wife is gonna pop mid September so I havent been out much, that and its been in the 100's for all of this month, so I appreciate the story of a hunt I probably wont be able to make for a while. looking forward to your next post and lots of good north woods pics. Thanks, Mike

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.

Girl u off the hook mon. ;D

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900

Gypsy,

Awesome story and pics!

Queen of rust?...No way. I think "Relic Queen" is more appropriate.
My Amish hat is off to you, my lady ;D

Timberwolf

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Gypsy what a FANTASTIC adventure ! I am impressed !! I feel the obsession :P
Reading I can feel the insane heat and humdity and relate to the camping - sleeping in the woods,crickets chirping,the bright flashes of light followed by BOOMING thunder crashes !! LOVE IT !!!!

And JC ..what a history in him...waking up his stories...Listen close to him !! Always cool in my oppinion to listen to older folk tell the tales ;)

Please be carefull out there..not the place to have a twisted ankle or broken arm or GOD forbid worse !

Be on the watch for those damn ticks...I dont know what the statistics are for lyme disease is in Wisconsin but over here (Ny) I know of friends that got it!..Do a close inspection end of the day !!
When I'm out in the woods I ALWAYS wear my coveralls , cuffs and ankles duct taped in the summer
Just me being me !

I cant wait for more iron , lead , and bottles ! Love your posts and photos ...the lead spoons are way cool and the P.O.D button is SWEET !!

Awaiting future chapters and pix :)

HH & HH (Happy Huntin & Happy Holidays !! )

D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread