My best silver day...E.V.E.R... **UPDATE WITH VIDEO**

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Absolutely speechless!!!! One heckler of a day!

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

MichiganMan

Jun 13, 2008
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
A cheap one until I can decide on a very good brand-name one to buy.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
**UPDATE** Thanks for the comments everyone.! snip
Is this downstream from an old ford in the creek or river? Because if you think about it people fording a creek or river in the old days, and they had something happen, things would tend to move downstream from the ford...
Okay, I went through the whole thread and answered my own question. This is also the thread that convinced me to get a Garret AT Pro [and I did for Christmas and my birthday this year].

Last edited:

RingMaster44

Apr 3, 2013
**UPDATE** Thanks for the comments everyone. I finished up the season with a total of 178 silver coins from the spot. It included 126 U.S. Halves and 19-8 Reale coins and weighed in at 6 1/2 pounds. No coppers :) but also no gold :( Here is a video I shot of the experience. I hope you enjoy! YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDC3SUK3axM Sorry for the wait, but I had to hit the site one more time today to pick up any strays. This is the missing second of my three recent "finds of a lifetime" for me. I found all of these coins at a ford in the river just recently. I dug 120 the first day and have managed to pick up 18 more on subsequent trips. Everything is dated from the 1770's through the 1830's. Over 115 of the coins are 1/2 dollar or larger. I found 96 U.S. halves, and quite a few Spanish 8 reales, several 5 franc coins, one from Brazil, one from Peru and one from Mexico. Most of the smaller silver coins are 4 reales. I found a whopping 4 1/2 pounds of silver coins! I still can't believe my good luck these past few weeks. I know I have already said it, but I do have to give a lot of credit to the new Garrett AT Pro that I have started hunting with. I truly believe that I may have skipped over this spot if I hadn't been using this machine. I have already written and submitted an article to American Digger magazine and Butch thinks he can get it in around the first of the year. And yes, I'm still on cloud nine! Here is a selection of some of the various coins. There will be many more shots in The American Digger as well as some "field photos". I hope you enjoy!
R u kidding me that's awesome!!!

image-1988143016.jpg

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, aquachigger newest coin ever was probably a seated coin of some kind lol

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

shoague

Dec 29, 2014
Frederick, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro AT, Garrett Propointer+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been following you on youtube for several months and I wanted to tell you I love them all even when you are hiding from the police. *hehehe* I am from MD and live on the monocacy so am hoping to find treasures here. two months down. Still learning. Keep the vids coming

Chestdiesel

Jul 26, 2014
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're a legend brother!! I've seen all your YouTube videos! Keep crushing it my man! Cheers from Massachusetts.

corpsman

Jul 7, 2015
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Had: Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Bandito 2 uMax, Tesoro Bandito 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wow! I'm amazed! congratulations on the find of a lifetime! I'm glad you filmed it! now that's going to be hard to top!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread