Pics of my Collection

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is just totally awesome!
I haven't seen that many QUALITY artifacts in any museum.
What a beautiful collection!

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Absolutely fantastic! Thanks for taking the time to photograph 'em!

OP
OP
DigEmAll

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Thanks guys!

And you are welcome. I need to get some better pics as long as I have the table covered... and before someone throws a fit about eating at the kitchen table!
;D ;D ;D

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DigEmAll said:
Thanks guys!

And you are welcome. I need to get some better pics as long as I have the table covered... and before someone throws a fit about eating at the kitchen table!
;D ;D ;D

LOL!
At least you should have all the necessary eating utensils. Now I can see where you got your user name. You really do "dig em all".
Fantastic!!!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
thats a spectacular collection dig! :o top notch!

OP
OP
DigEmAll

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Thanks again guys...

I was out today doing a bit of EXTREME hiking. I found a cave the other day with the binos... Jeeeeezzzzz what a hike! Anyway, it was worth it. Lots of cool indian doodles! Even some paleface doodles dating back to 1873... THAT IS PREHISTORIC for this area! This area wasn't even being ranched then! It was HARDCORE Apache country! I took some pics... I'll post them later.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an absolutely stunning collection Digem! I have gone back over those pictures twice, and still could look another couple of times! :o Thanks for sharing these. Looking at the pictures is such a learning experience. Think my favorites are the turtle and the face! :o

Awesome! Nana :)

OP
OP
DigEmAll

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Here's some more pics.

Enjoy!~

Attachments

• 819.JPG
    819.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 15,540
  • 818.JPG
    818.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 15,455
OP
OP
DigEmAll

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Ever seen a diamond point?

And check out the knapping on the point in the second pic.

Attachments

• 809.JPG
    809.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 14,715
  • 810.JPG
    810.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 14,788

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig,

This collection is unbelievable. I keep pinching myself...it's not a dream. This is a collection started by your grandfather, father and added on by you. How many years total? Also, found in many different areas of the country.

After seeing these, it makes me think about my collections (nowhere looking like yours) was started in 1965, by FIL and husband only when they found plowing the garden spot. Since, Jan '06 a new area was found on the property so I'm hauling them in.

Thanks, for sharing these with us!!

;) RR

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Wow that is a fantastic collection! You better start framing some of those babies! I would eat at that table for sure ! Thank you for sharing these excellent finds! Thanks to your dad and grandpa too for giving us this treat!

OP
OP
DigEmAll

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Well, Dad and Grandpa have both moved on to the happy arrowhead hunting grounds, but they would have loved to hear all you guys compliments!

:D :D :D

Parts of this collection were found all the way back into the thirtys.  However, the majority was found by my dad who was like me (or is it the other way around?) and was ALWAYS outside doing something.  Hunting, fishing, digging relics, or hunting indian artifacts, he was always outside.  My Grandpa was more of a city slicker who would tag along with my dad on many of his indian artifact hunting trips.  Grandpa couldn't have cared less about metal detecting or any of that other stuff, but he liked to go walk the fields.  I would say that the split is 60% dad, 20% Grandpa and 20% mine. 

Thing is, dad would go on weekend long hunts during the summer.  He would find someone who had found a _______ in their field and would ask permission and have them show him where they found it.  Then he would spend the weekend hunting it over and then wait for the next rain.  He would do this every summer and would always have seven or eight places to hunt.  This way he wouldn't wear out his welcome.  He might hit the same field about once every two months.  It was a good tactic. 

Thanks again guys!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread