Pics of my Collection

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Many have asked for pictures.  It has taken me a while to take some, but since I am home alone today and nobody can gripe about what's on the table....

If anyone has a question about anything you see let me know.  Also, if anyone sees anything rare or unusual that I should know about, let me know!

Not everything is pictured... I ran outta room.

ENJOY!!

;D ;D ;D

BY THE WAY-  In most of the pictures you will be able to locate a Rosie that I tossed in there for a scale.

Attachments

• Table2.JPG
    Table2.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 20,437
OP
OP
DigEmAll

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
The only possible NON indian artifact on the table (the head) and the Turtle with a game stone of some type beside it. The gamer is round and dished out on both sides. It's carved from some type of sparkley rock.

Attachments

• Head.JPG
    Head.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 18,575
  • Gamer.JPG
    Gamer.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 18,425
OP
OP
DigEmAll

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Some copper points and some bone points.

(Copper plate was some of the earliest traded items along the east coast.  The natives would roll it up, heat it and then shove it onto a arrow shaft.  Then dip it in cold water to srink it onto the shaft.)

Attachments

• Coppers.JPG
    Coppers.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 17,639
  • BonePoints.JPG
    BonePoints.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 17,513
OP
OP
DigEmAll

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
I like to call the first one "Brothers" because the colors of the stone.  They were found a couple miles apart.  How do you like the "eye" design in the one?  The brothers are the Eye and the one to it's right.

You'll also see my obsidian clovis there and a third eagle.

The second one I call "Big and Little"  If you can't quess why, ask someone.

;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• Brothers.JPG
    Brothers.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 16,841
  • BigNLittle.JPG
    BigNLittle.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 16,643

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dang brother, thats a nice collection. Did you find 'em all? And did the obsidian clovis come from AZ?...d2

OP
OP
DigEmAll

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Thanks D2.

I didn't find them all, but did find a bunch. The ones that I didn't find were found by my dad and grandfather.

The clovis was found by my dad in NW Alabama.

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Ok, I'm confused and have some questions. You're saying the OBSIDIAN piece came from NW ALA.? I see alot of eastern materials in there, that look further north than ALA..looks more like maybe Tn, or Ky? Also, did your father or grandfather dabble with knapping a bit? The reason I ask, some of the the have odd characteristics that look to be modernly hampered with a bit. Thanks for showing, and that's a killer Reel type Gorget.

Matt

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
W :o W!! Beautiful collection...I'm just green with envy.

;) RR

OP
OP
DigEmAll

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Matt, I know my dad didn't knap anything, and am pretty sure that my grandfather didn't either.  However, I can't say that my grandfater didn't for sure... he passed away when I was a few months old.  But I am pretty sure that my dad would have said that my grandfather made them if he had. 

Which ones do you have questions about?  I'll get some better pics of them? 

The obsidian clovis was found along the TENNESSEE River in NW Alabama.  I was little when he found it, but I was there.  With the exception of the points that I have found out here, they are all from the southeast... Florida to Kentucky, Virginia to Louisiana.

(EDIT: MISSISSIPPI RIVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN TENNESSEE RIVER)

A

Atlantis0077

Hey Dude,

Thats WAY too many artifacts for one person to handle....why dont you share your burden with a friend and mail me about half of it...LOL Beautiful collection. Most impressive.

Atlantis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread