Cache Found Photos!!!

OP
OP
B

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa
Thanks for all the great replies... the batteries need charged on the camera, and Leigh anne cant stay awake anymore...looks like the rest will have to wait untill tomorrow evening....

thadious

Jul 13, 2006
Hemet, Ca
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Garret Ace 250, At Pro
absolutely fantastic finds. Looks like grandpa was a collector in his day. Thanks for not ripping him off. Have seen too much of that with this me me generation out there today. Hope you show the rest. HH Ted

johnrielly

Jun 14, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will buy at face value.............................haha congrats would have been fun finding it with the detecter though....

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow A INSTANT COIN COLLECTION! Thats really cool. Tsgman

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
:D :o Battlecat: So far I make it @ strictly Bullion Buy Prices (exc. the 21P) to be roughly $3700. When you start looking @ Dates & Condition, The Bucks should go way up!!!!!!$$$$$ :o

Joe

OP
OP
B

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa
thanks I still have tons more silver to go through and will give you guys a final count once this is all done
I did make one mistake, I opend this shotgun roll of unc. 1964 dimes... im sure it would have been worth more left alone

Attachments

• MVC-586S.JPG
    MVC-586S.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 32,914
  • MVC-585S.JPG
    MVC-585S.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 32,703
OP
OP
B

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa
ooops and thats a bunch of indians too, and another roll of standing

Attachments

• MVC-587S.JPG
    MVC-587S.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 32,583

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Hoooo BOY! Nice find! With 1,250 mercury dimes to pick from, maybe there's a 1916D there? I can only imagine your excitement!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cheese said:
Hoooo BOY! Nice find! With 1,250 mercury dimes to pick from, maybe there's a 1916D there? I can only imagine your excitement!

You took the words right out of my mouth!!!

R

rvbvetter

With all those mercurys, the thought just occured to me that you could be in great danger of Mercury poisoning. It just so happens that I have containers that I could put them in to contain all that awful stuff. And take them to a safe disposal site.
I believe the disposal sites name is The Riviera. uh.... oh yeah!! The French Riviera ! Yeah! That's the ticket !!
I think just that 1921 peace dollar is worth $35 just in VG condition.
Can I come over and listen to them with my detector? Pleeeeeeeeease? Truely fantastic stuff you got there!! Your grandfather had tremendous fore sight to save those. WTG!! Enjoy!! I am! HH

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany
WOW cool stuff! PUT INSURANCE ON ALL THAT CASH!! I had a big coin collection... no insurance on it.. 85% of it was stolen 2 years ago :( I had to learn the hard way.

By the way,that gold seal $10 note looks like a north african note... they had the gold seals on them. Hawaii notes had a brown seal, and a big HAWAII printed in black on the reverse side of the bills, and small hawaiis printed on the front I believe( if you have any hawaii notes in your stash). Hang on to the gold seal ones!!

GREAT CACHE!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
start slabbing them and wear rubber gloves(keep the oil from your hand soff them)!!!!!!!! and buy a safe that bolts to the floor not a cheap walmart safe either!!!

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
I checked again this morning, sure glad I did.

Amazing stuff, I love all the silver.

Your grandpa rocks. I'm glad he let you open this and share it.

Thanks again.

DM

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Congrats Battlecat and Leigh Ann !! What a great Grampa. I think you mentioned in your initial post something about "milk cans" did you ever find those?? Great stuff--the treasure dreams are made of for sure.

Dave

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Now this is a great post. I have no idea how I missed this one.

Not only is the treasure spectacular but it also demonstrates how treasures are forgotten and left behind.

Your grandpa totally forgot about this stash and this sort of thing has happened 1000's of times over and probably all the treasure buried will never be found.

In fact, I once owned a house and at the time I stashed money up above the basement ceiling (dropped ceiling). A few years later we sold the house and moved away. It wasn't until 2 or 3 years later that I even thought about that stash again. It was something like $1,000. My guess is it was found long ago.

People get stressed, older, etc., and they simply forget things. There's plenty of loot out there hidden in houses and/or buried in the back yard.

Badger

Cheryl

Nov 28, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Battlecat, She has one nice Grandpa!! Don't forget to thank him and if you have, thank him again. You're having way too much fun :). You would have more fun if you invited a few of your T'net friends over to help you get through all those rolls, I mean what are friends for? (just kidding)

Too cool!!!! 8)

Cheryl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions