Cache Found Photos!!!

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I JUST FOUND THIS POST!!!!!!!

AMAZING FINDS BATTLECAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU KNEW HOW MANY OF US HAVE DREAMED OF FINING SOMETHING LIKE THAT...

CONGRADULATIONS!!!

THATS GOT TO BE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN COINS WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS AN AMAZING CATCH, I CANT EVEN DESCRIBE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND I WAS JUST THINKING TO MYSELF, ONE DAY SOMEONE ON TN IS GONNA FIND SOMETHING LIKE THIS AND HERE IS IS!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS AGAIN BATTLECAT HH THROUGH THOSE COINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-CC

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could ya' spare a man ten bucks in silver coin for a cup of Joe? ;) Montease

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Truely Awesome. Granddad was a true collector, for sure. He sure knew what to save for his grandaughter.

Thanks for the wonderful experience.

DM

Proolio

Sep 25, 2005
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOLY CRAP. :o :o :o Im in absolute awe. Those finds are amazing. Truly breath taking. Way to go.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you need to do the 'ol boy SOLID
get the more vaued ones graded and slabed(sent away pcgs)
then sell them and give him all the dough
then you 3 sit around and make a pizza ;D

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Battlecat, after you catch your breath and start thinking of selling the coins I would recommend ebay. Now as to how to divide up the lots I'm not too sure. And of coarse don't forget to keep a few for yourself. ;)

I'm glad you are looking after your grandfather. Your kindness will come back to you someday.

Curious as to the Indian Heads - probably mostly late 1800's and a lot of the 1907,1905, etc. Any good IH dates? Nice 1860's and 1870's IH's go for some good $$$$. ;D

Mirage

R

rvbvetter

Don't discount the clad as just clad, without looking them over first.
This man knew what he was doing. So some of it could be mint errors or certain variaties and so on. Even clad has it's rare coins. HH

T

TreasureTales

Yikes! I'm gonna be dreaming about those boxes and their contents for the next few weeks. I'm absolutely not complaining, I'm just wishing I had the opportunity to run my fingers through some cache like that. Holy crap, that is some kinda great coinage and currency. The stuff of which dreams are made (and seldom realized).

Girlfriend's grandpa should be even more appreciated now, and for the remainder of his long and healthy life, for his foresight and generosity. The man is my newest hero!!! Ah, the elderly, truly our "treasure" and the one most often overlooked. Ask grandpa if he remembers the locations of any outdoor dance floors or picnic grounds or ballfields or any other place people may have lost coins long ago. Then do your research. I'm telling you, grandpa may be a true "gold mine" of information. Give it a try, it probably can't hurt him or you and gf.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
battlecat said:
I believe a 1921 high relief peace... maybe someone can help me out on this one

Looks like it.

That list is stunning! Wow :o :o

Best of luck with that. If you need someone to sell stuff to, let me know. I know some people who would be interested, and would pay fair prices for whatever you got.

Oh, and don't open anymore uncirc rolls!!

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
BRILLIANT!!!!

What really stands out here is your honesty. I'd take you as a grandson any day!!!
Its good to hear of true thoughtfulness these days.

Keep up the good work.

Jesse

kalpinro

May 25, 2006
Feel that? That is my drool hitting the screen! Speechless! Thanks for the picks they are great to see!!!

OP
OP
B

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa
Thanks guys I will be searching the clad also.. There is also 150 more rolls of wheats to search, thats a totol of over 270 rolls of wheats.
I found a little box last night that had 4 1909 wheats two of them with vdb but no s mint mark. also the mercs are all sorted 6 1916 but none with a d ledgable.. All worn around the edeges so if one was a d we will never know

R

rvbvetter

I'm really, really stoked about this for you guys.
Now about these adoption papers I have here for your family to sign........ HH

OP
OP
B

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa
I have just started setting up auctions in turbo list and will be uploading them to ebay later today.
I will provide a link in the sale section here for everyone. Dont worry I pulled some for Leigh and I,(Grandpas Wishes), and also spoke to him last night about selling some of it.. He still insists he would be happy with face value, and I still refuse to give only face value.. Boy we are almost identical. We are both Stuborn as heck
as is Leigh Annes father... No wonder she loves me, Im just like the two most important men in her life!
I know a few of you are not happy that im selling this stuff, But the man had 30k in the bank a few years ago and family members have taken advantage of him and left him with less then 2k, And if you saw the look on his face when we brought over the 501.00 from the first batch of clad ( yes we searched through it first) Then most of you would do the same :)
Thanks for sharing the first night of this find with me. All of those that were on saw it as I did.. I would take out 2 or three items and post a few photos and read the great comments, then go back and take 3 more photos and so on. It was like you guys were here with me, opening everything while I was. It was great and lots of fun!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread