Cache Found Photos!!!

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Thanks for letting us be a part of your family for a few days, I'm sure that everyone feels as I do and could not wait for the next post. You are good people, even if you could not keep it all , just the pleasure of being able to discover each and every coin and certificate is a memory that will last many lifetimes, not only in your families but in ours.
Thank You,
Kim

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is a whole life of treasure hunting all in one day ;D Keep the pictures coming....

God bless
Peter

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome discovery, battlecat. I'm away from the forum for a couple days and you spring this while I'm gone??? Man. What am I going to do. I almost missed this until I saw some mention of it in other posts.

Hey just because you got this nice coin collection doesn't mean you're off the hook from detecting w/ us again. ;D

OP
OP
B

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa
Ok Folks, I have started listing stuff on ebay and Im adding a link in the ebay section of T-Net
If anyone bids and wins from here please let me know thanks

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I knew it was going to be good BC....but not this good......You can PM me for my address..And Tinpan too!!UN-FREAKIN' BELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!

xlt nh

Jul 28, 2006
Cheshire, Mass
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, DFX 300
That post was definitely a 'dream come true' for all of us...Congratulations on an Incredible find...your Grandfather is a lucky man to have you guys handling his treasure... :)

HH, Hank 8)

BobG

Oct 28, 2005
Hey BC, sure am glad you got in and out of the basement without them pesky trolls getting you.

You have found the mother load of coins. Grandpa's got nothing to worry about, with you two around.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude,That is the mother lode of mother loads!!! Great stuff. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
soak them in WD 40 or pb blaster or naval jelly ???

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
battlecat said:
any suggestion on how to clean up 17 rolls of steel cents?

DON'T!!!. If you plan to sell them, don't clean them. Those damm things get oxidized easy though :) It's annoying for sure, but if you clean them, they're worthless. If you can't sell them, maybe then you can clean them and sell them as cleaned. They won't fetch nearly as much, but I'm sure you could get rid of them.

wwace

Jan 4, 2006
Anchorage AK
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
Do your part people on Ebay to help out grandpa, I did, I am wandwco and I bought the 1886 Morgan, Please see that Grandpa gets the money from my purchase/s.
Thanks
Dave

OP
OP
B

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa
UPDATE!

Found more stuff in the basement tonight!!
Not going to post photos tonight except for one. the 1893 morgan. These are alot of foreign coins and whitman books.

Attachments

• MVC-612S.JPG
    MVC-612S.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 6,976

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
:D Yeah Sure, Leave us Hanging! Is there an S on the Back, or not? ;) I see you're down to 4 Items, did all the others sell? More Stuff! OMG!

Joe :o

OP
OP
B

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa
No "S" but there is another high releif peace and a few cc morgans. I am trying to get caught up on all my shipping and then I will list more stuff. Alot of the stuff in these ;ast boxes are foriegn coins and 1970s, Then theres a bunch of books. Man these whitman folders make silver change all kinds of neat colors.

R

rvbvetter

Good thing he didn't put this all in the addict. It would have came down on all of you. Hmmmm You know what? Addict? Just a thought. HH

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this is what you call a cache. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Frankly I would rather have a good stick of gum. NOT!!!!

Burdie without a cache.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread