The Iceberg story- updated 2/23/07

HeatherM

Apr 12, 2020
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love reading your update! It was surreal reading the thread (I only made it to page 29 but need to go back and finish) thinking I was reading in "real time" to then somehow figure out you were off traveling (must have read in another thread or something) and realizing it had been TWELVE years. Crazy to think of all the changes in someone's life in that time frame. Hope you make it back home soon! Thank you for telling us the location. How lucky you guys were to have access. I'm sure those type places un-hunted are few and far between! One can keep dreaming to find one..(or even just an un-hunted yard! :laughing9:)

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Danimal, great to see you posting here! Do you still keep in contact with Mirage and Nate? They hunted with me couple of times pre-2008 when I lived in the Sandusky area. I meant to keep getting together with them then life got in the way for me back then so I lost contact with them. I hope they are both doing well.

Steve

HeatherM

Apr 12, 2020
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still thinking about this story. So how did the hunting there end? Did the finds start to slow down (I find it hard to believe they ever would) or did life get in the way and you just stop going out there or did the property just sell one day and you weren't allowed back or ?

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poison Ivy

Maybe I am resistant. I have been cutting and hacking those vines for weeks now and nary a bump or itch!!
(knocking on wood as we speak!!)
Just as an aside,I,m not the least bit allergic to poison ivy,oak or sumac.I can roll in the stuff and nary an itch.Born that way I reckon.

OP
OP
Danimal

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
Hey Danimal, great to see you posting here! Do you still keep in contact with Mirage and Nate? They hunted with me couple of times pre-2008 when I lived in the Sandusky area. I meant to keep getting together with them then life got in the way for me back then so I lost contact with them. I hope they are both doing well.

Steve
I’m still friends with Bob and Nate, yes. Nate is now married to a woman from Thailand , living there and just had a baby! Before I left on the crazy motorcycle adventure I hunted with Bob and Don (Detection Connection on YouTube) a few times. I really do miss swinging a coil

I'm still thinking about this story. So how did the hunting there end? Did the finds start to slow down (I find it hard to believe they ever would) or did life get in the way and you just stop going out there or did the property just sell one day and you weren't allowed back or ?

A little of both. The site changed ownership several times since then and we would have to sneak in to hunt there.
Some areas (around the Tumblebug ride for instance) had dried way up, but that was from our efforts over the years digging there.
Plus, I sold all my **** and left the US on my motorcycle. That kinda put a damper on my detecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread