679 Cannonballs found

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do believe the unlike button is there.When you click on like,the unlike comes up and you can click on that to unlike.No offense.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gare...did YOU forget anything????

these are FN mill balls....

Wish there was still the "unlike button"

I don't think i forgot ANYTHING. I was trying to add a little humor to the post. If you found it offensive so be it !!!!!~

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do believe the unlike button is there.When you click on like,the unlike comes up and you can click on that to unlike.No offense.

That is because you have already clicked "like" and you can null your "like" vote...

There is no UNLIKE vote per se.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great FIND and thanks for sharing

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Lobo, Minelab GPX 4500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not out of the question to presume they could be cannonballs. John C. Fremont purchased the Los Mariposas Land Grant through his agent Mr. Larkin. Fremont owned the Josephine Mine and had a cannon and with the cannon he had many cannon balls. So cannon balls can be found in the Sierras. These are ball mill hardened steel balls used to crush ore. Regardless if they were cannon balls or mill balls , its still a cool find. The Fremont cannon that was at his fort near the Bagby grade was never found, but his fort was and I believe the archeological department of Stanislaus University had done a dig on the site and collected a bunch of artifacts back in the 60's or 70's. John C. Fremont abandoned a cannon in the Sierra Nevada snow in 1844, the cannon remains lost for more then 160 years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread