Barbarous Radiate Hoard

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
Your find rocked my world..

Thank you for posting that. I'm presently excavating a site in America's Mojave Desert that was an indian encampment for hundreds if not thousands of years. It may requir three months of rigorous excavation to find a single glass,indian trade bead made in the glass factories on the Island of Morono off the coast of Venice,Itay circa 1700s to 1850. I am immensely happy for your discovery.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Simply put WOW! Way to go on finding the hoard and making the banner. Best of luck on the future digging at the site, truly a find of a lifetime. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
DavidBeard

DavidBeard

Dec 27, 2008
Derbyshire
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pepperj said:
...Best of luck on the future digging at the site, truly a find of a lifetime. :icon_thumright:
Thanks for all the congrats folks... As for future digging, we're still under 3ft of snow!
Thought you'd like to see some pics of where I live, Beautiful in the snow but everything comes to a standstill - we even get cut off from the rest of civilization:

Last edited:

Born Free

Oct 27, 2007
Davenport, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
UN-believable!! Find of many lifetimes combined. Congratulations! :notworthy:
And again I say to you English metal detectorists: don't you feel sorry for us here in the US? We find something 100 years old and wet our pants. Soooo jealous...

;D
Born Free

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just amazing what you've found! :o Many congrats to ya!!! :notworthy:

Nana

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats an amazing discovery!! CONGRATS!!

-HITT

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero
Looking forward to seeing the total! Very well done David, HUGE CONGRATS! :hello:

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Way to go! I can't wait to see what else will be uncovered!
Baggins

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that is one whale of a find.,..Congrats :thumbsup:

PEles

Apr 20, 2009
Lowcountry, South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus !
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Wow what a find congratulations!

I'm a relic hunter in South Carolina and I'd like to congratulate you on such an awsome find :hello2: Talk about digging up some history, holy crapp! You'll always remember that site won't you :laughing7:

Laszlo

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
american Ar-keelhaul-ogists would not allow snow to stop them, they would set up a "tent city" around the site and work all winter to get their greedy paws on everything, then put it all in their basement archives, never too see the light of day again. I am glad about the system y'all have on the other side of the pond, everyone will have the opportunity to see the great history you have uncovered! Once again, AWESOME and Banner vote from me..........NGE

JHinPA

Jan 25, 2008
SouthEastern PA
Detector(s) used
Whites DI6000/Pro & Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your find-of-a-lifetime! But I was curious about the land owner's thoughts on all this. He was kind enough to give permission, and now has a small army of people trooping back and forth through his property. Does he mind at all? We he be compensated for his troubles? I was wondering if he was sorry that he gave the "OK", or has he taken delight in all of this? :-\ Thanks for sharing with us - JHinPA

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nowgittineverything said:
american Ar-keelhaul-ogists would not allow snow to stop them, they would set up a "tent city" around the site and work all winter to get their greedy paws on everything, then put it all in their basement archives, never too see the light of day again. I am glad about the system y'all have on the other side of the pond, everyone will have the opportunity to see the great history you have uncovered! Once again, AWESOME and Banner vote from me..........NGE

not as black & white as that. Many Museum finds, in fact probably about 70% never see the light of day & are stored away for no-one to see. Depends on lots of factors, but he may get most of it back, or if they keep it, they may split it to different Museums. Hopefully in this case it may go local & get displayed & properly catalogued as although not a very valueable (£££) hoard it is important in terms of what it can tell us about these under studied imitations. It will in fact be hugely valuable as a resource for future comparison :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread