eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Amazing Diamond Ring Found Today. 1800's Silver Also. What A Day. (Updated)

Jer, I remember reading a certain post about a certain trip down south and a certain speeding ticket. Funny how things change. It had to have been the THing Gods looking down and saying, hey, Jer, check that hole again!!! You just paid for that ticket and vacation in one SWEET sweep!!! CONGRATS!!! Get it resized for you and get the seated sealed.

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR

That's quite a rock, Jer! Sweeeet!

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll

Sweet ring and those relics rock! I love relics.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Very cool reading Jeremy....Storie's great!!All's I can say is keep on keepin' on!!!!!.......HH!!

99Brown

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2006
Illinois

Amazing finds...WTG!!

99Brown

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

what a day indeed! :o i dont think i have ever had a day like that!! congrats!

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Beautiful ring and great story - congrats!!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They say when you do things for others, good things happen to you. That is for sure, What a great find. Thanks for the post and picutres. Love the silver also, that is one fine looking Seated coin.

HH,. Ringfinder

DiggingFl

Oct 4, 2006
North FL.
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer XS and X-Terra 50

Great digs Jer, If your not going to sell the ring, dose it fit your finger? ;D

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thatsss a lovely ring my precioussss

nascarfan

Jul 17, 2005

Awesome!!! Way to go Jer!!! You da man!! We've got 14-16" of snow here......I'm in a research mode now, at least for week!! Nascarfan

R

Rusty in Tenn

Super finds, You know whoever lost the ring was sick when they noticed it gone.. The seated dime is in excellent shape..still looking for my first one..Think I will see if I can go get it today..lol..

Again, Congrats on the great finds.
Rusty

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)

:o :o :o ZOIKS WHAT A RING!!!!!!Amazing finds man. Absolutely tremendous! My butt would be back there real soon! Just hope noonebacks in a a dump truck and covers it up!!! :P
~Nash~

caratjuice

Oct 15, 2004
Washington State

Absolutely great finds. I would get that ring sized and buffed and wear it. I don't wear jewelry but I'd proudly wear a souvenir like that one.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome finds jer! That ring is nice. The coins are awesome as well! Tsgman

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800

Thanks alot for all the great replies everyone.

I still am sitting down looking at this thing. It really hits you hard when your not expecting it. I didn't do a dance out in the field. Not even a shout.

My brother who is younger was hunting with me and having a tough day. This one would have killed any partner. So out of love and the way things should be I acted like it was just another day.

I've gotten really accustomed to going out and finding great things. I've been doing it steady now for yrs. I've got a good grasp on this hobby. I think I have more than a slight edge on other users out there also.

I know my unit super well and can teach anyone to be great with a detector also. Not bragging just stating facts. I'm not the best treasure hunter in the world.

Sorry about the philosophy there for a minute. Now back to the ring. Unfortunately the ring doesn't fit. I wear a 8 in a wedding band I think.

This is about a 10 or 11. I looked at the stone under a high powered loop. It has no flaws at all. I'm not a expert on diamonds. But a jewler told me once a few tips about them and I remembered what he said.

The area I was hunting was a rich area. Just developed wooded lands in the past 15 yrs or so. Alot of 1700's history in the neighborhood. Long gone cabins and such. Homes were like 200,000 and up to probably 500,000.

This one must have been lost in the past 20 yrs I'm thinking. There were some big house about 100yards away across the street. You walked right over and could hunt still today in these woods.

It must have been a awful day when whoever lost it. May have fell into the snow while taking a glove off. Then it's gone unless you got a detector.

If I had a ring that rich on I'd a bought one and found it. I'll get back to that area again sometime. Now I gotta work Saturdays for the next few weeks at least.

Thanks again everyone

HH Jer

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Burdie said:
NANA I THINK THIS CALLS FOR A HAPPY DANCE FOR THIS FIND!!!! ;D ;D Congrats on that beauty JerDFX.
Burdie :)

NOOO Kiddin' Burdie!!!! A happy dance and a faintin' smiley! :o

JER!!! Good gosh! I have seen you post some awesome stuff....but this one! WoW! It's a doozy! :o

Congratulations on all those finds! 8)

Nana ;)

WoW!

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII

JerDfx said:
Thanks alot for all the great replies everyone.

I still am sitting down looking at this thing. It really hits you hard when your not expecting it. I didn't do a dance out in the field. Not even a shout.

My brother who is younger was hunting with me and having a tough day. This one would have killed any partner. So out of love and the way things should be I acted like it was just another day.

I've gotten really accustomed to going out and finding great things. I've been doing it steady now for yrs. I've got a good grasp on this hobby. I think I have more than a slight edge on other users out there also.

I know my unit super well and can teach anyone to be great with a detector also. Not bragging just stating facts. I'm not the best treasure hunter in the world.

Sorry about the philosophy there for a minute. Now back to the ring. Unfortunately the ring doesn't fit. I wear a 8 in a wedding band I think.

This is about a 10 or 11. I looked at the stone under a high powered loop. It has no flaws at all. I'm not a expert on diamonds. But a jewler told me once a few tips about them and I remembered what he said.

The area I was hunting was a rich area. Just developed wooded lands in the past 15 yrs or so. Alot of 1700's history in the neighborhood. Long gone cabins and such. Homes were like 200,000 and up to probably 500,000.

This one must have been lost in the past 20 yrs I'm thinking. There were some big house about 100yards away across the street. You walked right over and could hunt still today in these woods.

It must have been a awful day when whoever lost it. May have fell into the snow while taking a glove off. Then it's gone unless you got a detector.

If I had a ring that rich on I'd a bought one and found it. I'll get back to that area again sometime. Now I gotta work Saturdays for the next few weeks at least.

Thanks again everyone

HH Jer

A friend of mine used to laugh at my silly little hobby until one day he lost his $2800.00 wedding ring in someone's yard.

He called me for help and I found it in 5 minutes with my detector.

Needless to say. He doesn't think the hobby is silly anymore.

Let us know if you get the ring appraised. That one looks expensive! ;)

Ridley

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread