Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    us
    CS IS NEXT

Nov 2005
    MARYLAND
    Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
    31 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: Amazing Diamond Ring Found Today. 1800's Silver Also. What A Day.( Apraised)

Quote Originally Posted by diggitdoggie
    Thanks for the update and added info.
    You deserve it for the hard work you put in.
    A beaut of a ring for sure!

Ditto Jeremy.....Well deserved and thak's for the update..

Apr 2005
    Texas
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Amazing Diamond Ring Found Today. 1800's Silver Also. What A Day.( Apraised)

All I can say is WOW ! You did good ! And the silver wasn't bad either. Thanks for sharing.

Huntin' 59er

Charter Member
    CANE FIELD BANDITS and IRON BRIGADE MEMBER

Jun 2006
    Moonlight and Magnolias
    Fisher F75, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver ÁMax
    1855 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Helluva day. I am glad you took those silver coins home before trying to "field-clean" them. That could've been tragic for that GREAT seated dime. Such a nice coin. Plus, I love the before & after pics.

Thank you for a great post!

-Buckleboy
    2014 CaneField Bandits Totals:
    181? Cut Quarter of an 8 Reales
    1829 Cap and Rays 1 Real
    1876-S Seated Quarter
    Five Seated Half Dimes: Two 1840-O Half Dimes, 1842-O, 1848-O and 1857
    1876-CC, 1876-S, Two 1887 and an 1888 Seated Dimes
    U.S.S. New Orleans Silver Pendant (1890s)
    185? Large Cent
    1840s Convex Eagle Militia Button
    CW Eagle "I" Button
    CW Era "snake" Sword Hanger
    Blacksmith-Forged Picket Pin
    1941 Walking Liberty Half Dollar
    1943, 1954, and 1963-D Quarters
    1902-O Barber Dime
    1945 and 1945-S Mercury Dimes
    1864-L Indian Head Cent
    1866 and a Dateless Shield Nickel
    Assorted Civil War Bullets and Musketballs
    Plantation Tokens
    Indian Head Cents, Wheats, Buffaloes, and GawGag
    OUR 2013 YEAR-END POST: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...-end-post.html
    OUR 2012 YEAR END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/20...ml#post3120940

Any relics, coins, or other items appearing in my finds signatures were found on PRIVATE PROPERTY with total consent and permission from the owners of said property.

mchamby

Wow that is one heck of a find, I would have to have run home to clean it and check it out. Glad the ring called you back, always, always recheck the hole.
    HH
    Mchamby

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2005
    West Michigan
    A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
    206 times

Very nice!

hh

lonewolfe

Jul 2006
    Iowa
    Fisher C$

Super good finds and a beautiful ring - you certainly had a great day!!! WTG - Hawkeye Jim.

Apr 2006
    Ontario, Canada

Beautiful Ring Jer! I bet your wife will want to join you when detecting if she doesn't already! what a rock!
    Ontario, Canada - Ace 250 & Tigershark

May 2005
    19 times

Congrat on the value.

Another one for your collection

have a good un...........
    In the academies many books, at the circus many sacks of peanuts, at the club rooms many cigar butts.

Jun 2004

beautiful ring.wtg.

us
    Feb 2005
    Three Rivers
    Whites V3i & Explorer SE
    33 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Thanks alot everyone.

I've found some nice coins in my time. Even have found alot of nice relics. But this one was my biggest find yet. I've found coins worth 500.00. I've found relics in the hundreds.

But never broke into the thousands category in this hobby. It's a great fealing to find something this awesome. I still hope to turn up that gold coin one day.

I never clean a find in the field. Alot of people do. I have patience. I threw that diamond ring in my ciggarette pack and kept on hunting. I've made so many good finds in the past that I am used to it. I expect to come home with good stuff.

The wife would like to get into detecting. She wants a top end unit. With our kids being so younge we can't go together yet. But one day we will.

I always recheck the hole. This was a once in a lifetime mistake. Like I said before. I got side tracked by talking with my brother and totally forgot to check the hole.

Thanks again everyone for making this topic so popular.

HH Jer

Jun 2006
    Eastern N. Carolina

Beautiful finds!!

us
    Feb 2005
    Three Rivers
    Whites V3i & Explorer SE
    33 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Thanks alot Joe.

I've been so busy working lately. I haven't been able to hunt at all in the last few weeks. Weather here has been in the low 60's to.

Oh well I guess. Atleast I found the Diamond to end the year. It was like this one will hold you up for a little while. It's like my detector knew I wasn't gonna be out again for awhile and gave me this great ring. I doubt it but it's funny how things work.

HH Jer

Nov 2003
    Maryland
    XLT

Jeremy,

Love the ring and the story. I'm thrilled to see you got such a good find. I always enjoy your posts.

I'd also like to get hunting with my wife. She's interested but we only have one detector now.

I am still looking for a gold ring... a diamond ring would be even better!

Bjorn

us
    Feb 2005
    Three Rivers
    Whites V3i & Explorer SE
    33 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Thanks alot Bjorn.

I try to tell my stories step by step to bring the reader as close as possible.It was a day to remeber. I think I could get the wife into detecting if we had the time to go together.

Someone always has to watch the kids. I think later in life we'll hunt together. Once the kids are grown and out of the house. But for now I'll try to find 2 hunters worth a yr lol.

That first gold ring can really be a pain to find. It was hard for me to find my first also. It will come. Try and expand your digging zone. Dig alot of tabls and foil if you can.

It will come and when it does hopefully it will be a big one. I still remeber my first gold ring. It was a large one to. It was worth the wait. I'm sure it will be for you to.

I also wanted to thank Tnet for putting this post into the best of tresurenet. This is a great site. And I will always post on it. The people and moderators are really great on here.

Take care all,

HH Jer

us
    monty

Jan 2005
    Sand Springs, OK
    ACE 250, Garrett
    75 times
    Banner Finds (1)

This post got me to thinking. I know that's dangerous. Anyway I found a silver ring last year with a big stone in it and posted it on the forum. several people told me they thought it wasn't a real diamond because it was in a silver set. I just put it away in the top of my closet and didn't think anything else about it. I had a friend look at it who is knowledgible about stones and he said he thinks it is a real diamond because of the way it is set in the ring. I'm going to have it checked this afternoon and find out for sure. Monty
    Don't make me loose the hounds! If you dig, Cover up your holes.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors