Amazing Diamond Ring Found Today. 1800s Silver Also. What A Day. New Apprasial

Daisy

Apr 16, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Re: Amazing Diamond Ring Found Today. 1800's Silver Also. What A Day.( Apraised)

Beautiful Ring Jer! I bet your wife will want to join you when detecting if she doesn't already! what a rock! :o

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Amazing Diamond Ring Found Today. 1800's Silver Also. What A Day.( Apraised)

Congrat on the value.

Another one for your collection ;D

have a good un...........

ernie

Jun 11, 2004

beautiful ring.wtg.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800

Thanks alot everyone.

I've found some nice coins in my time. Even have found alot of nice relics. But this one was my biggest find yet. I've found coins worth 500.00. I've found relics in the hundreds.

But never broke into the thousands category in this hobby. It's a great fealing to find something this awesome. I still hope to turn up that gold coin one day.

I never clean a find in the field. Alot of people do. I have patience. I threw that diamond ring in my ciggarette pack and kept on hunting. I've made so many good finds in the past that I am used to it. I expect to come home with good stuff.

The wife would like to get into detecting. She wants a top end unit. With our kids being so younge we can't go together yet. But one day we will.

I always recheck the hole. This was a once in a lifetime mistake. Like I said before. I got side tracked by talking with my brother and totally forgot to check the hole.

Thanks again everyone for making this topic so popular.

HH Jer

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Thanks alot Joe.

I've been so busy working lately. I haven't been able to hunt at all in the last few weeks. Weather here has been in the low 60's to.

Oh well I guess. Atleast I found the Diamond to end the year. It was like this one will hold you up for a little while. It's like my detector knew I wasn't gonna be out again for awhile and gave me this great ring. I doubt it but it's funny how things work.

HH Jer

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT

Jeremy,

Love the ring and the story. I'm thrilled to see you got such a good find. I always enjoy your posts.

I'd also like to get hunting with my wife. She's interested but we only have one detector now.

I am still looking for a gold ring... a diamond ring would be even better!

Bjorn

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Thanks alot Bjorn.

I try to tell my stories step by step to bring the reader as close as possible.It was a day to remeber. I think I could get the wife into detecting if we had the time to go together.

Someone always has to watch the kids. I think later in life we'll hunt together. Once the kids are grown and out of the house. But for now I'll try to find 2 hunters worth a yr lol.

That first gold ring can really be a pain to find. It was hard for me to find my first also. It will come. Try and expand your digging zone. Dig alot of tabls and foil if you can.

It will come and when it does hopefully it will be a big one. I still remeber my first gold ring. It was a large one to. It was worth the wait. I'm sure it will be for you to.

I also wanted to thank Tnet for putting this post into the best of tresurenet. This is a great site. And I will always post on it. The people and moderators are really great on here.

Take care all,

HH Jer

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This post got me to thinking. I know that's dangerous. Anyway I found a silver ring last year with a big stone in it and posted it on the forum. several people told me they thought it wasn't a real diamond because it was in a silver set. I just put it away in the top of my closet and didn't think anything else about it. I had a friend look at it who is knowledgible about stones and he said he thinks it is a real diamond because of the way it is set in the ring. I'm going to have it checked this afternoon and find out for sure. Monty

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Hope it turns out to be a real winner Monty. You'd think some where out there that the silver lovers of the world. Would have a genuine diamond set in silver.

Could the ring be white gold. Or is it marked sterling or 925. You just never know what your gonna find out there. That's what makes it so much fun.

I never dreamed of a ring this nice being where I found it. It shows that just about anything can get lost any where.

Get back to us with a update.

HH Jer

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well, I didn't make it to the jewelry store yesterday. I slipped it on my finger (snug fit) and when I got home I couldn't get it off! My finger swelled up and I thought I was going to have to amputate, but with a little liquid soap and a lot of screaming, and a smidgen of foul language (I'm so ashamed, hanging my head with a hangdog look), and pulling it finally came off. Now I remember why I don't wear rings! Maybe today? Monty

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II

AWESOME FIND JerDFX!
Thats a dang nice ring!
Congrats!

Have fun,
Salvager

P.S. Monty,
Just cos it's silver doesn't mean it's not a diamond!
Lots of girls prefer to wear silver (like my girlfriend ;D ) and jewlery shops are eager to sell diamonds to them too (or their significant other)!
So you still have a dang good chance of it being real! Goodluck! The setting is usually the key from what I have heard/seen.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well, I feel like I am hijacking someone else's post so I'll put this up and shut up. Here is what the mounting looks like. Monty

Attachments

• DSC00166.jpg
    DSC00166.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 15,904
  • DSC00167.jpg
    DSC00167.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 15,840
  • DSC00166.jpg
    DSC00166.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 15,853
  • DSC00167.jpg
    DSC00167.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 15,774
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Thanks alot guys.

That sure is a nice looking ring Monty. I thought the same thing. So many women prefer silver over gold. I was wondering myself are they now putting real diamonds into silver.

Sorry to hear about the ring stuck on the finger. I have had it happen before also. Not a fun thing. You start worrying when that puppy won't come off.

I don't mind your post on mine. Your a friend right. Hope you get it looked over at some point.

HH Jer

SilverDreams

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2005
Vinemont, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

That's a heck of a nice ring!

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Thanks alot SilverDreams.

It was a heck of a ring to find. Hit me when I least expected it. Most of the big finds usually do. It's amazing what gets lost out there.

It still strikes me when I'm pulling out the detecting jewelry box and I see that stone glimmering. Don't look at it all the time. But when I do I say to myself man that's a nice diamond. Looks alot better in real life.

Hoping I can make a really big find out there some day. Say 100,000 or more would be nice.

HH Jer

coinman66

Nov 23, 2006
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle II SL 90

Wow! Nice ring. WTG HH
Coinman66

1liquigirl

Jun 13, 2005
Bellefonte, PA

Way to go Jer. Still waiting for my first ring. I prefer silver with a nice diamond. Monty, wanna give me yours? ;D

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Nice Going! Beautiful "D"! One Question, tho? Are you sure that beat up "Nickel" is really a Nickel? I have a feeling its a Dime! Could be wrong tho!

WTG! HH

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread