Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Amazing Diamond Ring Found Today. 1800's Silver Also. What A Day. New Apprasial

Hey everyone,

Had some time today to go out and do some looking around. As I mentioned a few days ago in a prior post. I said a friend of mine told me he saw a foundation while out hunting about a week ago.

I went last night to a function to donate some new toys to kids that are in need of them for Christmas. My sister happened to show up with her boy friend. He is the one who told me of the foundation.

They also donated gifts. We got to sitting down and talking and I brought it up to him. He gave me directions to where the site was located. I knew exactly where he was talking about.

I also saw my brother Lance, there and asked him if he wanted to come stay a weekend and do some hunting. I told him we were gonna go and try and find the foundation that my sisters boy friend told me about.

Well we got up today early hoping to find this location. We get there park walk across the street and follow a old dirt rd into the woods. It looked like a nice area at first glance.

There was a large open field with some old large tree's all spaced out. Looked like something may have sat in the area at one point. But we were to eager to get down into the woods and see if we could find the location of this foundation.

Well after about 15 minutes into the search we find a foundation. We said to ourselves this must be it. It wasn't really old but old enough for treasure. I was hoping for a colonial area site. But this one had to be late 1800's to early 1900's. I could tell by the style.

It was really silent for the most part. All the sudden while working a old dirt rd in front of the place I get a solid 79 at 4 inches on the dfx. I thought for sure a regular Roosevelt. Numbers were a little low for silver. Dig out the hole swept a little dirt away and saw silver.

I said to myself must be a Rosie or merc. I picked it up and was really happy to see it was a seated. I knew it was in great condition. My first seated this yr. Didn't think I was gonna find one this yr. Lots of barbers but no seateds.

At the time of the dig. I called my brother over to see the coin. I then got side tracked talking with him. I went over to the hole filled it in and made a once in a life time rookie mistake by not rechecking the hole.

We continued and I picked up a 43 D merc on the rd also. Wasn't finding really any other metals but silver coins. I then was approaching the hole were the seated dime was found. I got a fairly solid signal right next to were the dime was dug. I pinpoint and look down on the surface and pick up a tiny I mean tiny coin. I said what is this.

Another 3 center maybe. No it was a 1880 H mint mark Canadian 5 cent piece. A first for me. Really small and thin coins. Things continued to be slow so we headed back to the rd were the field and huge old trees were.

We saw some divets like a home was once on the property at one point. After further investigations we found old stone walls and some remains of old foundations off in the brush.

Only bad part was alot of the soil wasn't natural. We hit it anyways and after about 20 minutes I dug a Indian no date on a old gravel rd about 4 inches deep. Looked like a 1870's date but it's to worn out to tell.

I picked up a few relics here and there. I also found 2 wheat's. I knew we were onto something. All the sudden I go into some brush. I get a nice plus 46 bouncing up to the 50's a little. I dig down about 5 inches and see the glint of gold.

It was wrapped around a root in the ground. Not getting to excited alot of fakes look real at first I pick it up. I said man this is heavy. The dirt instantly fell off the band. When that diamond hit the light I knew I had something big.

I called Lance over and we were in just amazement. It was marked 14k and the stone was very large and clear. I got it home and was able to clean it up. It is one of the nicest diamonds I have been able to handle. The clarity is tremendous. The size is upwards of a carat I would guess.

The ring on a guess I would say weighs around a half ounce. I found a real winner today everyone. I need to have this one looked over. I found a similar ring on line going for 3,000 just like this one. It retailed for over 5,000.

Money isn't the thing for me. I never sell a find. I just can't believe this one got lost. I'm really thinking a hunter lost this one. I hope you all enjoy the pics and story.

I tried my best to get good shots for you all. I am gonna have this one looked over. Never give up out there. You just never know what is gonna come up next.

*Updated*

Today, I got off work early. It was nice. I figured I had nothing to do. So I headed over to this jewler I know. He seems like a decent dude. I've dealt with other one's in the past that weren't so good.

Well he looked over the diamond and here is what he said about it. He said it was a SI 1 quality . I'm not real familar with jewlers terms. He said he couldn't tell the size for sure. He guessed about a half carat. But he said it was probably a little bigger.

He said the way the stone was set down in the ring it was hard for him to tell the exact size. He also on a guess said the clarity was a G. He said it was a really nice diamond. He said I found a real keeper with this one. He also said whoever lost it had a hard day.

He estimated the ring to be about 40 to 50 yrs old. He said he could tell by the type of machine that cut the stone. I also told him it was 4 inches deep. He also said the band was a style from that period.

Now for what he said he would list something like this in his store. He told me the ring was worth atleast 2,300. He said it's probably a little bigger and probably worth a little more than that.

He also tested out some of my other rings to confirm carats and stone quality of some other rings I brought to him. I got a new watch battery also while there.

He never charged me for looking over any of the rings. He seems to be a genuine jewler. He doesn't treat me like I stole this ring from my Dad or something.

It was a great find for sure. Nice to hit that real big one. I hunt alot and hard so I feal it was well worth the wait. Hope you all like the added info on it.

HH Jer

Updated: Had the stone taken out of the setting and precicely measured and weighed. It is a 3/4 carat not a half. My wife really liked the setting I found in the past. So I decided to have it set in it. Then appraised at 6500. My wife really loves the ring. She gets alot of compliments on it.

I thought I would share a few pics while the wife had it off her hand. Hope to find another out there some day.

Thanks for looking,

Jeremy

Attachments

• Amazing Day Dirty.jpg
    Amazing Day Dirty.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 24,701
  • more diamond shots 2.jpg
    more diamond shots 2.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 24,263
  • more diamond shots 1.jpg
    more diamond shots 1.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 24,448
  • more diamond shots.jpg
    more diamond shots.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 24,517
  • Huge Diamond side shot.jpg
    Huge Diamond side shot.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 30,205
  • Huge Diamond ring.jpg
    Huge Diamond ring.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 30,274
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Re: Amazing Diamond Ring Found Today. 1800's Silver Also. What A Day.

Here is the rest everyone. Hope you like all the pics.

HH Jer

Attachments

• 1890 seated back.jpg
    1890 seated back.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 29,504
  • 1890 seated dime front.jpg
    1890 seated dime front.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 29,723
  • 1880 dime group.jpg
    1880 dime group.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 24,016
  • 1880 5 cent back.jpg
    1880 5 cent back.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 29,705
  • 1880 5 cent front.jpg
    1880 5 cent front.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 29,762
  • Diamond relics.jpg
    Diamond relics.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 23,910

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Excellent story ! Love that ring....and you wouldnt believe how many people who do not recheck their holes...glad you went by that one again!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

Jer,

very nice ring.

Good post, enjoyed reading it.

have a good un............

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Jer.........what else is there to say! You amaze me with those great finds you just keep coming up with.......Persistence pays off and you just keep coming up with the cool finds!

Great job again........Keep on Digging! :o :o :o

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX

Wow Jeremy...that's an amazing ring.

seated ain't too shabby either!!

The area's you are hunting have real history, and you obviuously have a nose for a good target.

Great finds!

how's next weekend sound?

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.

You're really doing good there, Jer. Great finds.
Bob

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Great day; it sounds like Christmas came early! What a beautiful coin, and the ring is real nice. A find like that for me and my wife would whistle a different tune about my hobby!

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH

Jer,

WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Amazing ring.Nice story I'm speechless.WTG.
friendship.gif
blobfir.gif
bluegrab.gif
colored.gif
coolman.gif
menani.gif

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow, what an awesome day. That's a totally sweet ring, and the seated dime looks fantastic. Congrats again dude, HH!

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just simply amazing! What a nice ring! I think I'd keep that one for myself. A little rub with a polishing cloth really helps bring the shine up on the gold.

Congratulations
Johnny

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow, that is really amazing...great to get a bit more glitter in to you collection ;)

HH
-GC

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage

Wow that's what I call a beautiful day. Excellent job.
Mike in NJ

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina

terrific finds jeremy wtg, that is a beauty of a ring, wtg also on donating to the kids
hh
dave+bobbie

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains

WOW that is one serious diamond. Great stone and ring. Load of great coins as well. Looks like you all did have a super day to remember.

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

Alchemy

Nov 30, 2006
Beautiful Burnett county, WI
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow....so wonderful for you! Ya done good!

Great example of why we all LOVE doing this ;D

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII

Strange how you turned and explored the brush area. Almost like the ring was calling you. It makes me wonder sometimes if
we communicate with our machines using a little of the sixth sense.

In any case. Congratulations on a wonderful ring and a great day!

Ridley

T

TreasureTales

Ridley said:
Strange how you turned and explored the brush area. Almost like the ring was calling you. It makes me wonder sometimes if
we communicate with our machines using a little of the sixth sense.

In any case. Congratulations on a wonderful ring and a great day!

Ridley
Same thing I wonder sometimes. Almost like fate or ESP or sumpin.

What a ring! It's blingalicious. Great story. Maybe that ring is instant karma for donating toys to kids? The coins are phenomenal. Super congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread