Gold coin find

R

rvbvetter

? ? ? ? ?Pete send it to me and i'll check it for you, to make sure it's not a forgery. Out of the goodness of my heart.? ? ?Honest!? ?HH

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figure I will get a gold coin one of two ways, either I will find one, or I will find enough clad to buy one. Either way, my md will get me one!!! ;D

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pete never has told us his story. SUre he didn't just "find' it in a coin collection?
Not discounting that he may have found it in the ground, but come on Pete pony on up with the story!! 8)

K

Kentucky Kache

The excitement must have given him a heart attack. Thats what would probably happen to me anyway.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Article Will appear in the 2005 Issue Of SILVER & GOLD

The April Issue of W&E has it listed as Very Fine +
Value $1,800

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
unless that $2.50 was found too & mixed up with the $5.00

F

Floater

Pete this is killin me. I hate waiting. I want the skinny now!!! What happens if the next issue of Keester and Weener screws it up this time? Are we supposed to wait again for another two months.
HEEELLLOOOO are ya hearin me. And whats with "I sent the story in to W & E, due to the fact their mag is the one I'm more happy to find in my mail. Pete"
UUGGGHHH I personally find that getting a dividend check in the mail is a little more rewarding. Thats just me of course. So as the Group has asked over the last 57 posts, could we get the story Please!!!!!!

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
This is too funny FreePete....If you want to adopt an alias...Fine! If you want to pretend to be a woman...Fine! If you want put your face on a bikini clad model....Fine! But when you start asking yourself how much you'd charge yourself for detecting lessons? When you ask yourself if your coin is the one that will be in W&E magazine? The big clue for me amongst others that weren't fooled was your grammar. Both Pete and Free misused the word "well" in the place of "will". So as for me, I'll continue to reply to your posts with the sign off..."You go girl"! ;D~CO2

F

Floater

Usually my main source of info comes from such bastions of truth like the National Enquirer--but heck, I'm also open to less accurate manuscripts.
Nice one ML. LOL

I like it when i'm standing inline at the Grocery store and finnally find out that it was an alien that took over New York. I swear it looked like Bloomberg though. Sneaky son of a Gun's ?;D

F

Floater

Both Pete and Free misused the word "well" in the place of "will". So as for me, I'll continue to reply to your posts with the sign off..."You go girl"! ;D ~CO2

Co2 Dont you know thats the way they talk in Lacrosse. LMAO ;)

F

Floater

So the house demo is the Deal. Allright FreePete, so let me ask you. Did you get to hunt that property again or did you just say this is it. Or did the weather just close in on ya. I personally would have been all over that like Brad on Jennifer. So was it coincidence they moved the bobcat? Did you go back and click off a pic of the site. Man this is just the Beginning.I like the little old lady part. I'll bet she thought you were just a whack job anyway. Most people just look at me and smile and keep walking. I keep thinking to myself the queerer I look the less people will get into this. LOL I'm talking Bermuda shorts/with the black socks and white shoes and a checked shirt on and my headphone's. Folks this is not Pretty. ;D Thanks FreePete.

J

Joe (Memphis)

And the lesson of this story.... "I scanned the location and got a screwcap signal." I might be gold coin poor, but I am gonna be screwcap rich!!!
JT

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
"D" for Denver, yes.

"D" for Dahlonega... NOT YET!!! There is STILL hope, isn't there???

Congrats on true rarity and one helluva find my friend!

nick1878

Feb 7, 2005
SE Indiana
I think these come close. There were 10 in all 3 $10 eagles and 7 $5 half eagles 3 of the $5 were from CC and 2 from S and the rest no marks

Attachments

• ccc.JPG
    ccc.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 13,605
B

brla

Pete thoose coins is very good keep working very nice finds...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread