Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Gold coin find

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jan 2013
    1052 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Wow! Thanks for sharing, its stories like yours that give us all hope. When your time due, your times due.. hope mine comes soon. Congratulations. Beautiful find.

us
    Aug 2012
    North Georgia
    Various depends on the need at the moment
    328 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    Dahlonega (GA.)
    Your got that right DAHLONEGA GA MINT , Still the purest gold ever mined is from there and they say 90 % is still in the ground today ---- The foundation of the mint is the now foundation of North Georgia Military College Price Hall ------- Interesting fact about the mint was so much gold was being found that the MINT would take your ore and give you a coin in return ----- Many prospectors took them up on the offer and took coins rather than ore home , so that might be how it traveled ---------------- in 1849 the California gold rush started and the miners took off for California , The mayor of Dahlonega stood at a town meeting in the square and gave a speach ending with " there 's still gold in them hills " I am lucky to live only 15 miles from Dahlonega ---- Which leads to the LEDBETTER TREASURE IN Cumming ,
    Last edited by Citiboy289; Feb 23, 2013 at 06:20 PM.

us
    Mar 2013
    Arkansas
    Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i Tesoro Silver Saber
    150 times
    Metal Detecting
    This story is just that, total fabrication.
    Dig till it hurts, then dig until its too dark to see anymore.

us
    May 2012
    Texas
    259 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty544
    This story is just that, total fabrication.
    All you have done in your limited posts is tell put that their fond sucks or that its fake. Quit being so rude to people please.

us
    Mar 2013
    Arkansas
    150 times
    Metal Detecting
    Have you even read this post? I read the full post. It is a lie. I will call bs if I see it. The poster changed his name three times, and was curious about how many views the post had. Along with his bad grammar and other bs facts is a dead give away.

us
    Mar 2013
    Arkansas
    150 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshr29 View Post

All you have done in your limited posts is tell put that their fond sucks or that its fake. Quit being so rude to people please.
    Was it addressed to you? Maybe you should mind your own biz. If you read the post you will see the truth, and that I am not the only one who has enough of a brain to call him out.
    Last edited by scotty544; Mar 29, 2013 at 07:00 AM.

Feb 2012
    North Pole
    Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
    2365 times
    Very nice
    One third jewelry of the World are under sand so far
    Finds2016
    Coins usables=800
    Silver= 8 pieces
    Gold= 2 Rings

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
    2236 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty544 View Post
    Have you even read this post? I read the full post. It is a lie. I will call bs if I see it. The poster changed his name three times, and was curious about how many views the post had. Along with his bad grammar and other bs facts is a dead give away.
    Good observations. I dont know why the OP changes his name so much. More than 3 times. Mostly just for attention and self promotion. He also liked to play games.

He pretended to be a woman at one time and posted a hot avatar. He/she loved all the attention from the male members but the truth surfaced eventually. A real character for sure, rubbed a lot of people the wrong way but also helped a lot of people when the site first started I am told. But for what its worth, I think he/she really found the coin.
    Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; Apr 12, 2013 at 12:08 PM.

us
    Mar 2013
    Arkansas
    150 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcypresshunter View Post
    Good observations. I dont know why the OP changes his name so much. More than 3 times. Mostly just for attention and self promotion. He also liked to play games.

He pretended to be a woman at one time and posted a hot avatar. He/she loved all the attention from the male members but the truth surfaced eventually. A real character for sure, rubbed a lot of people the wrong way but also helped a lot of people when the site first started I am told. But for what its worth, I think he/she really found the coin.
    That's interesting, the part that made me most suspicious was comments about how many views the post got compared to some unrelated story on a different website. Along with the fact that the coin just happened to be one of the most rare and coveted.
    Silver Searcher likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty544 View Post
    That's interesting, the part that made me most suspicious was comments about how many views the post got compared to some unrelated story on a different website. Along with the fact that the coin just happened to be one of the most rare and coveted.
    It's not the first, and won't be the last.

SS

us
    d3t3ctr0n

Apr 2013
    Texas U.S.A.
    Garrett Ace 350
    294 times
    Metal Detecting
    Awesome. I beleive if any metal detectorist is persistent, that it WILL pay off sooner or later. Congrats man, that is awesome!

Treasure Hunting Count to Date - [CLAD - 1071] [Silver - 0] [Gold - 2] [Jewelry - 10 Rings]
    <[OLD COIN FINDS -34 -44D -46S -51D and 2 - 55 Wheaties and 1 - 46 Nickel]> - Using the ALL NEW Garrett Ace 400 -= CELEBRATING 1000 COINS in 2016! =-

Oct 2013
    16 times
    That shows just dig everything.

Oct 2016
    46 times
    The story of the find and many other nice finds is now availble in my metal detecting book. I am thinking of advertising my book on the site here, just waiting for prices for being able to post it.
    Bigcypresshunter likes this.

Oct 2016
    46 times
    I stopped today at the coin shop where I sold this gold coin some years ago. The owner told me his buyer backed out and so he added the coin to his collection. He sent it in and it was graded VF-30, only 40 graded examples known. Thought I would add were it finally graded at, it should be well protected being slabbed.
    Bigcypresshunter likes this.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links