TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On tuesday the archaeologists will come and make a smal excavation!
It will be exciting to see if there is more further down :notworthy:

tomjiggy

Sep 18, 2010
I hope they will allow you to participate in the dig. If they do please post pics of any other finds.

OP
OP
TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am allowed to participate, but unfortunately I can´t be there all the time because of work, but I will join them afterwards.
:icon_thumright:

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is awesome! Take some on site pictures for us. HH and good luck, Mike

OP
OP
TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VIKING AGE SILVER TREASURE !!! - UPDATE: excavation - more finds

Today the site was excavated by archaeologists from the museum.
This brought new finds.
A lovely large perl made of silver string.
And bracelet no. 4 turned up.
Several smal pieces of silver came from the excavation too.
I made this collage out of my friend Poul´s fine pictures!
The entire find is now handed over to the museum and the "case is closed" for my for now. :icon_thumleft:

PS: the attached picture is higly zoomable for details.

Attachments

• Collage udgravning.jpg
    Collage udgravning.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 483
Last edited:
OP
OP
TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm ... why doesn´t my update edit of the headline telling of the update show on the main page ?? :icon_scratch:

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Dane, Great post and a great site. I still can't get over the fact that the archaeologist are actually working with you on that site. Wouldn't happen over here across the pond. Tennessee digger

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the update and pictures, just awesome! Will you get some kind of finders fee for the hoard? Congrats and HH, Mike

OP
OP
TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the update and pictures, just awesome! Will you get some kind of finders fee for the hoard? Congrats and HH, Mike

Yes, I will get a finders fee for the hoard, Mike :icon_thumleft:
... also for the part that the archaeologists dug up, because I found the hoard and reported it.

:hello:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I will get a finders fee for the hoard, Mike :icon_thumleft:
... also for the part that the archaeologists dug up, because I found the hoard and reported it.

:hello:
Same as over here, we only need to report any part of the hoard & anything else they dig up still counts towards the final valuation. Funny how people still think the Archies are unfair, I find this perfectly acceptable to work with. The only moan I have in our area, is that they don't come out at the weekend & they have said I should wait until Monday & cover it up until then. I would not be able to sleep for 2 days if it were the Saturday & I told them as much. So they suggested camping on it.:laughing9: Well, this is the only instance where I would ignore them & I would carefully dig it, because I know if I were in their shoes I would rush out to help at a weekened for free. If they are not that 'bothered', then I'm not all that 'bothered' about following their 'guidelines' (I would not break the Law, just good practice). If they didn't like the way I carefully excavated it, then next time they might come out, who knows because I'm unlikely to ever be as lucky as you have with this amazing find of 100 peoples lifetime!
Thanks for the update & its proves how both parties are rewarded for responsible detecting.

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same as over here, we only need to report any part of the hoard & anything else they dig up still counts towards the final valuation. Funny how people still think the Archies are unfair, I find this perfectly acceptable to work with. The only moan I have in our area, is that they don't come out at the weekend & they have said I should wait until Monday & cover it up until then. I would not be able to sleep for 2 days if it were the Saturday & I told them as much. So they suggested camping on it.:laughing9: Well, this is the only instance where I would ignore them & I would carefully dig it, because I know if I were in their shoes I would rush out to help at a weekened for free. If they are not that 'bothered', then I'm not all that 'bothered' about following their 'guidelines' (I would not break the Law, just good practice). If they didn't like the way I carefully excavated it, then next time they might come out, who knows because I'm unlikely to ever be as lucky as you have with this amazing find of 100 peoples lifetime!
Thanks for the update & its proves how both parties are rewarded for responsible detecting.

I dunno... 7000-9000 years is a looooong time... ;-)

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dunno... 7000-9000 years is a looooong time... ;-)

I'm unsure when you started detecting but I'm pretty sure it wasn't 1 & you won't last to 90:laughing9:

Last edited:

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! I would say this makes you part of viking history. COngrats. The small silver pieces in your first photo seem to be more ornate than the bracelets...any idea what they belonged to?

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm unsure when you started detecting but I'm pretty sure it wasn't 1 & you won't last to 90:laughing9:

I plan on hunting well into my 70's if I make it that far.... started when I was 10... so even if I was off by a few thousand years I bet 6000 will do me just fine.:laughing7:

Keep digging!

Whitebeard

Nov 20, 2011
Higher-North-Shore Qc.
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! absolutely wonderfull, the stories these objects could tell would be beyond my wildest dreams, altough someone can still make up a good scenario in his mind and get a certain satisfaction out of it.
Congrats and may you live this unique trill over and over for the rest of your life.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find!

..................................................................................................................................................
Beautiful finds, and if you don't mind my asking, How do they go about placing a value on something like that and do you get a percentage of it's value or just a set amount? Also, that is a curious cut-off date for being able to sell the item. How do you determine if something is before or after that date when you're out in the field, and was there something special in Danish history that makes that date significant?
Thanks, Mark

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I might just consider that. Good offer, I must admit !! :laughing7:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by CRUSADER
I change mine, to clean, cook, dishes, beds, & ironing.

Amazing find, like you say, once in a lifetime! Although where you live maybe more than once.
Although Cru has made an offer to clean, cook, dishes, beds, & ironing, take my word for it he can't do all those things, he is always out searching with his Dad. So guess who does all of that?
Anyway I will improve his offer and include, to clean (do this every week for my wife), cook (I am a good cook), dishes (I wash the dishes here every day), beds (make the bed in the morning), & ironing (I can do that also, learned that in the Army).

So I will add to that (live not too far away) to chauffeur you around in my Mercedes free, wash your house windows (have to do that also here), wash your car, hmmm what else? Yes! I know, carry your shovel and dig for you (not for the whole day though of course)....

Forgot the most important! Buy you a beer!:occasion14:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread