My MOST BEAUTIFUL SILVER COIN!! 110 BC Roman Republic Denarius

OP
OP
Nutriasub

Nutriasub

Nov 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Garret Pro Pointer
Thanks Cru and Silver!! its good to have friends!!

For everyone´s info, it is not a Mercury depiction, its the image of MINERVA or PALLAS (PERSONIFICATION OF ROME)

"Minerva, or Pallas, was one of the most distinguished of the heathen deities, as being the goddess of wisdom and science. She is supposed to have sprung, fully grown and completely armed, from the head of Jupiter." :read2:

Cheers

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This coin is definately belongs on the BANNER :hello2: First roman republic silver I have seen posted ! Congradulations on a stellar find :hello2: M.R.

JW15

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705 w/DD coil Backup- 505,305.
I can't relate to what it must feel like to pull a piece of ancient history from the ground but I can certainly appreciate it! :headbang: I vote Banner for setting the standard to pulling "old silver"!!!

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

To All Treasure Net Members, you re going to have to find something very special if you want to make the BANNER :o it seems that the bar has been raised very HIGH, because if you can't make it with a coin that is over 2000 years old :o...the Civil War stuff has no chance :-\

SS

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could create a list of the top rated findings have not been banner .... there are many. :-\
I personally believe that the Iberian wolf head a few days ago deserved a banner right away and was not so .... :dontknow:
and there are more Roman Republican coins that not have been banner...I published a denarius of Mark Antony in March 2009.

H

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say that the Roman finds are just awesome !
And you have found some very nice coins and the sort.
Nice going and hope to see more .

OP
OP
Nutriasub

Nutriasub

Nov 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
Many thanks to all of you my Tnet friends for the votes, it has been just fantastic!!

I hope to find more coins like this one, so everyone can enjoy.

Thanks again and good hunting

Cheers

JW15

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705 w/DD coil Backup- 505,305.
HISPAN said:
Could create a list of the top rated findings have not been banner .... there are many. :-\
I personally believe that the Iberian wolf head a few days ago deserved a banner right away and was not so .... :dontknow:
and there are more Roman Republican coins that not have been banner...I published a denarius of Mark Antony in March 2009.

H
That IS a banner worthy find Hispan, Mark Antony was one of the most famous generals the world has ever known!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NutriaSub, IM SPEECHLESS :o :o :o :o :o :o I would say FANTASTIC find...but its better than that, that doesn't quite do it justice even!! This will be on the banner let's

just WATCH! I'm going to go and vote Banner right now as well :hello2: :hello2: :notworthy: soon as I pick my jaw up off the floor.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely a Banner worthy gem !! :icon_scratch: 100 BC Roman silver coin , can not even imagine how thrilling it would be to find one ! CMD dawg's vote is in , Best to You Nutriasub 8) 8) :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Nutriasub

Nutriasub

Nov 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
Cru : "Oh well, time to move on, maybe our poster will get it for something completely inappriopriate & the balance will be restored laughing9"

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

I agree with you, time to move on...

Thanks for all the votes!!!

Cheers

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a rare find :notworthy: a coin of that rarity just has to make Banner !!! :o Beautiful find my vote is in . :thumbsup: Jim

OP
OP
Nutriasub

Nutriasub

Nov 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
shaun7 said:
Got my vote :icon_thumleft:
CMDiamonddawg said:
Absolutely a Banner worthy gem !! :icon_scratch: 100 BC Roman silver coin , can not even imagine how thrilling it would be to find one ! CMD dawg's vote is in , Best to You Nutriasub 8) 8) :icon_sunny:
Deepdiger60 said:
What a rare find :notworthy: a coin of that rarity just has to make Banner !!! :o Beautiful find my vote is in . :thumbsup: Jim

Thank-you very very much guys, I hope to find some more stuff worthy of your time, and that goes for all the Tnet friends.

Silver, I think of it like playing golf with a handicap. The US hunters have a big gap in time, however their finds are still beautiful and I envy them many times...thanks for all the support!!!

Cheers

OP
OP
Nutriasub

Nutriasub

Nov 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
Very interesting information. Just to give a little more, Histria its today the coast of Romania, and Liguria its the most north west region of Italy (Piamonte area)

Looks like worth a coinage!!!

Thanks a lot Cru.

I have only been digging a short time, but I have never learned (really learned, not like in high-school) more history in my life.

Cheers

Aquila

Jun 9, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, Golden mask 3
Re: My MOST BEAUTIFUL SILVER COIN!!

Banner :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread