OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
lol, i just understood your name. habenero's:) we would dare the "new" people who came tp ours group to eat a whole one, and we always recorded it. the looks after they chewed a few moments, like oh shhhhhh, i messed up now. too funny. actually the first time i ate a whole one, i called poision control, i thought i really screwed myself up, they just laughed at me, and actually said im in for it when i go potty. ;D here is another quick one,at work we were bored and dared each other to eat some habs, i was up and couldnt take the fire. my friend who is now passed away gave me some milk of malasia? the stuff in the blue bottle, he said here this will help, the nerd diddnt tell me it was a laxitive. got me good.
thanks on the bday

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
ew! I love hot food. I always said it isn't hot enough if you aren't crying but that's one thing I would never do. Eat a whole habenero. You don't touch rub your eyes, ears, or nose after cutting them up. That should say it all...
Saw my brother once adjust himself after eating habeneros not knowing how hot they were. It was really funny watching him roll around on the ground...

WILDFOX

Greenie
Dec 21, 2007
BAILEY,NC
Detector(s) used
GARRETT- GRAND MASTER HUNTER CXII, ACE 250
Grand Master Hunter CXIII
I agree with the rest of the forum I think you should call your ocal health department or poison control center. They can ell you who to contact to at least remove the contents of the bottles. oh by the way I am wildfox,s girlriend and just happen to be here looking at what was posted.

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
wildfox,s girlfriend, thanks for the post, and all of the contents have been taken care of. maybe you should open up your own acount too? TN always needs new members :-\

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
i talked with the wife, and called the local hist museum, im gonna take a few to them, but first i have to fill out a form, nice history..... would be better there than sitting in displays at my home, who knows, ill live to 80 and no one will get too see them till then;)
ill keep u all updated

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Chong,

I have followed this thread from the beginning and I must say you have handled the situation quite well.
And come out of this with an AWESOME collection of glass.
I was very worried about you for a while there.

Well done my friend.
another vote from me for the best of Treasure net.

Thom

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
If the bottles initials are M.G.W. They are from the Middletown glass company N.Y. ca. 1889. You'll have to check to make sure that the "C" is not a "G". If it's a "G" that's where it was made. Hope this helps.

Wolverine.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saw this Chong. Nice haul buddy. I dug some of the brown acid bottles a couple of years ago but mine were empty. Fun journey and good post
HH
TnMtns

hellhoot

Jan 25, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster Pro
Nice find man the EPA should be happy that u got this crap out of the ground and away from natural waterways and what not.
Beautiful blue tone to those bottles!

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the info! I donated a bunch to my local historical society museum, and traded the rest off, have like 2 left, good memories :)

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow!! Incredible find!

All the best,

Lanny

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very nice bottles !! :thumbsup:

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some of that sh.. is to nasty to deal with ,maybe a few embossed jars are worth keeping but unembossed one you can ditch.I dug up a cem one time when I first started digging , open it up put my noise to it next thing I know I'm waking up ten mints later in the hole.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Damn that nitric acid bottle is cool maybe the guy was using the stuff some anyway to re silver mirrors ?????vanzutphen

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing finds ... Thanks for the great post!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread