2 Whites MXT's Goldscan 5 PI
OP
OP
skierbob

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
MXTswinger,

Detector used: Minelab Explorer II. Loop: the standard 10.5 inch.
Signal strength: Loud and clear with a double bleep. Think of a high pitch sound something like "Bla-loop, Bla-loop."
VDI: None. I use the Smartfind screen only. The target crosshairs were in the very upper right hand corner of the screen.
Depth: It was about 10 inches down to the tops of the bottles and the bottles were right side up. The actual depth reading was only about 4 inches due to the large size of the target.
Also, the detector was pinpointing in several different places, but I didn't need precise pinpointing anyway.
Bob

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But just think, if you had just stumbled onto it it wouldn't have been half the fun. M :D nty

mikesand

Feb 5, 2007
SE bucks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
BH Lonestar/ BH Pinpointer
Teknetics Liberator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great find, but i don't think it was buried that long ago. those styles of gatorade and powerade plastic bottles are fairly new. can you read the flavor of the drink? if so that could be a clue, since they come out with new flavors every so often. i think that cache was buried only a few years ago, tops.
HH
mike

T

TreasureTales

Skierbob, my hat is off to you. Thanks for letting me rib you a little - paid off because you gave us a few more bits of the story. LOL There are more caches associated with this one, you think? Holy Crap!

Whenever you feel comfortable, if ever, please give us more info. It's hard not to want to hear the whole story because when we aren't out finding treasure ourselves, the next best thing is reading about others who have. We sometimes live our lives vicariously!

Good luck with finding more. Wiping drool from keyboard.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
WOW bob! :o :o i think i would have passed out if i had come across something like that! thanks for posting it and making us all jealous!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there more besides what is in the pics or am I reading this wrong? M ??? nty

OP
OP
skierbob

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Maybe another time, Monty. Not right now.
Bob

jocap

Mar 8, 2007
NV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
skierbob said:
$258.40 face in U.S. coins. $23.65 face in Canadian coins. I believe it was buried sometime in the last 15 years. I actually found a coded treasure note in a jar buried in another spot some 10 miles away, which led me to the area where this cache was buried. It just goes to show you that people are still burying stuff out there and there's always the chance that you'll find a cache too.
Bob

Nice find Bob!

I'm guessing that it's more recent then the last 15 years though. Those plastic bottle designs seem fairly new ( the blue one in particular ). It looks like the new water/sports drink container. So maybe in the last 4 years? Just a guess on my part though.

HH

JT2

Aug 9, 2006
Concord MA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was this on private or public land? I know you'll answer 'public', but I wonder why the person would have gone to the trouble of planting that cache someplace where they could lose it?

Gotta feel sorry for the person who just lost their cache....

Maybe they are a survivalist planting caches, preparing for the day TSHTF?

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think anyone lost their cache, rather planned on someone finding it. Why else would the clues be made available? Monty

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Man, that's alot of loot.

I'm thinking about cache hunting myself.
I've always been a relic hunter, but silver and gold are getting more tempting.

Burt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread