Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Picture journal of a modern cache

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jul 2013
    a, ohio
    A $10 garage sale find.
    246 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I think it's somebody letting stuff cool off. Let me explain my cache theory if anyone cares.
    I think people have hidden things over the years but in sight of everyday living quarters. Why would someone take hundreds of dollars in money and hide it where anyone can find it. Construction can start overnight on someone else's land. Or like this someone stumble upon it and then your out that money. People who would hide caches are horders, not someone who's hiding for later use. If your bugging out in a emergency you won't have time to go to several locations to collect your items. Especially when a disease outbreak, or biological or chemical attack. Especially if the area is being quarantined fast and your being bused or forced hundreds of miles.

Military units operating out of bush camps for long periods. Of time will place caches but they are on a escape route that is a planned way back to safety. I'm not saying nobody has ever placed one, but some people talk like their under every tree or stump lol. But get that's the draw of treasure hunting, is that little boy inside thinking about the buried pirate booty.

That's what keeps me doing it!

us
    Jun 2008
    Lake Country WI.
    MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
    186 times
    I think the Geo Cashing is the best fit. I find them every where and all the time when I am out relic hunting and rock hounding. I play the game, leave my name and deposit an old coin. My wife likes the trinkets and picks one. They sell Geo Coins on E-Bay
    I was wanting to do my own stash with old coins just for the fun of it but another stash was cleaned out and ruined. Maybe I can start it up again.
    This is a fantastic hobby for the young techies with the handheld GPS trail maps. Lets promote every one into stashing there goodies out in the wilderness. I might go down to Cabella's and buy me a GPS for Christmas.
    Happy hunting and the luck of the Irish be with you.

us
    Nature lover

Nov 2014
    South Texas
    Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer along with good 'ol eyeballs
    425 times
    WOW!! I'd hate to be the one who buried it, and return one day really needing it... to see it gone...
    SIGH... that would hurt!!
    Good for YOU, NOT for them!! LOL

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links