🥇 BANNER Amazing Coin Spill, Find of a lifetime for me!

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after 35 years of detecting I had the find of a lifetime. I was doing some research in the state library and came across an old hand drawn map of an area I have never researched before but the cartographer indicated where houses and cabins were and the map was dated 1851 (that's early for California) there were lines which after research I figured out were early Township lines, I was able to match them up to Google Earth and found 22 new sites. After 4 months of trying we finally got permission to hunt 2 of the sites and another 2 are on public land.

So the California Relic Adventures crew headed out to the first site of the four, me Ron Swenson (Ron CA) and Andrew Savich (Mr.Merc) were working around the iron and Andrew called us over with a nice find! We didn't get that dig on video but everything that happened after that we did film. An epic hunt. After Andrew cleaned out his area, we all spread out and walked different directions. I walked about 50' away and hit a high conductor target, what came after that was all caught live on video.

7 days later at the second site (from that map) I made another discovery of a lifetime. I will make a separate post for that find but that map has so far turned out to be a real treasure map! We are all still absolutely floored by these 2 hunts.

Here is the video

20141110_150353.jpg

2014-11-14 03.16.53.jpg

20141112_202149.jpg

1889 Double Eagle.jpg

1889 Double Eagle - Reverse.jpg

Last edited:

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on all of those AMAZING FINDS! Great video, and thanks for sharing. Happy Hunting to you!

Sluice

treasurehunter313

Apr 29, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the best video I have seen on here IMO. It deserves not only banner, but the best of treasurenet.

liverpoolfc

Oct 9, 2005
liverpool, uk
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus and a Fisher CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
holy crap.
thats the best video i've seen on here and quite possibly anywhere.
felt like i was there with you.
congrats.
BANNER.

Ron (CA)

Feb 1, 2005
Mechanicsville VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 , Deus 1 & 2,
Congrats again Mark!!

Being there to witness this was as good as finding it myself!!

I agree, this is one of our best videos Yet! Yes -- this find is worthy of Banner not once, but twice!! Andrew is not on here but his find is banner worthy and Marks Triple Double is more than Banner worthy!! And I must agree that the video is fantastic !! LOL

Congrats again to Andrew and Mark on Find's of a Lifetime!!

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I cannot believe that!! Amazing finds Gentlemen!!

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never seen a video like that. Nothing to say but WOW!

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are no words... 70 bucks in 100+ year old gold and silver... To call it amazing is an insult. This is a true instabanner, congrats!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GET THE F&$@ OUT OF HERE! I am so happy for you guys! I'm sitting here in Maine where it's freezing cold and I'm so depressed that I can't get out. Seeing this video is just what I needed. I am in shock at what you guys just found. Research is what it's all about as you know. Finding a place that nobody else found! I am absolutely blown away. Wow! Great job guys! Congrats

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner to the MAX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbefreakinlievable Man !!!! The only videos I've seen that are in the ball park with this are
the dude (Beau) who found like 200 Capped Bust silver halves in a stream bed cache , and toward the end of last year some guys
up Northern Cal. (I think ) found a 4 ounce nugget on a live dig . This is just mind blowing - I've never seen a twenty dollar gold
piece come up live before - much less several of them .

Ron (CA)

Feb 1, 2005
Mechanicsville VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 , Deus 1 & 2,
(I think ) found a 4 ounce nugget on a live dig . .

LOL That was us--Mark (49r Relic) found the 4 ounce and we got it live--also a 2 1/2 ounce, 1.5 ounce etc We have been fortunate in recent months!

Check out of other vids when you get a moment !

Last edited:

jharboldt

Nov 15, 2013
WOW......just all you can say is.....WOW. I would have probably had a heart attack!! Great find guys!!
BANNER!!!
BEST OF TREASURE NET
Best video I have ever seen!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o utstanding , the video says it ALL , Holeeee $hit quote un quote :laughing7: Big Congrats !

DAWG

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding finds and video!! That's why I hang out here to see finds like that.

I'm throwing a Banner vote your way. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread