Mar 12, 2015, 06:28 PM
Amazing. Everyone's already used all the words to say WOW! Good luck.
Mar 12, 2015, 07:05 PM
The Urban Pirate
Mar 12, 2015, 08:11 PM
Well hopefully they will give you your share of the find. Especially now since it has a world wide audience to admire it.
Originally Posted by Decebalus
Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules
All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.
Mar 12, 2015, 08:18 PM
That is absolutely unfair. I sure hope he "dropped" a few of those coins on the way back to the truck. Yeah more I think about it.....that ticks me off. I'm callin' Romania.
What's their number? They are going to give that man his 30%.
They do not want a worked up redneck from Texas on the phone.
Mar 12, 2015, 08:40 PM
Romania didn't answer.....had to leave a message.
Mar 12, 2015, 09:24 PM
what hath god wrought
Stupefying find. I am utterly gobsmacked. Thanks so much for sharing this with Tnet. As far as your cut, I am sure that God himself will see to it that you get your share one way or another.
Federal Bureau of Governmental Redundancy Reduction Agency
Mar 12, 2015, 10:57 PM
CANE FIELD BANDITS and IRON BRIGADE MEMBER
And that, my friends, is a BACKPACK full of coins!
Originally Posted by Decebalus
Mar 12, 2015, 11:54 PM
Hopefully you don't share everything on this forum! Don't tell everyone how's the European soil is full of treasures...
Great find and spectacular banner!
Mar 13, 2015, 12:59 AM
WOW!!! That is a sick find. Super amazing.
Mar 13, 2015, 06:35 AM
Amazing! Congrats my friend. It's a real bummer that you just put in all of that hard work to make these amazing discoveries and now you have to fight like crazy to just get a small cut that gets taxed like crazy. Id like to say I'm surprised but im not at all. If you find another one maybe you should keep it and tell the govt they already got their share with the first two just kidding I would never condone anything illegal
"Life which is lived without zest and adventure-is not life at all."
-F.A. Mitchell-Hedges, British Explorer
2017 BEST FINDS
Oldest Coin To Date: 1652 Pine Tree Shilling NOE 29
Colonial Silver To Date: 11
Hammered Coins To Date: 1664 Potosi Mint COB
1653 Copper Cob
Mar 13, 2015, 11:47 AM
sssooooo next time in in Romania im bring my gear and im going to give you a call. they want to keep 70% then tax you on the remaining 30%? thats crazy dont give them anything. dont even post a picture of your face. im half Romanian. i guess its better than when the communists were in charge. my mother lived there whey the overthrew (killed) the royal family. ive gotten to go to Eforia, Constanta, Bucharest, and Bran Castle. Romania is awesome. when i first went there as a kid the streets in the small town of Eforia were not even paved. they have come a long way in the last 20 years.
Mar 13, 2015, 12:09 PM
Fantastic find! Now thats what Ive been looking for!
Mar 13, 2015, 01:29 PM
Great find! Absolutely incredible.
The rule about turning over the treasure should be that you give them the treasure only after it has been appriased and you've received your check.
It could even be turned over to a 3rd party in the meantime so you don't cut and run.
Mar 13, 2015, 01:51 PM
Yeah, unlike Florida where finds are confiscated, locked up in the State's Treasury, then disappear!
Originally Posted by Tnmountains
U.S. Army Veteran (Nov. 27, 1972 to Mar. 30, 1978) and Retired Federal Government Employee with total Federal Service of over 38 years. I am a Coin Collector and Coin Researcher at heart with my main interests in Error & Variety Coins. However, I also love Gold and Gem Prospecting, Metal Detecting when and where I can, Ginseng and other Herb Hunting, Long Range Shooting, Hunting and Fishing.
Mar 13, 2015, 03:14 PM
Can you get a lawyer or something? A small amount of those coins will pay for one.. I'd fight tooth and nail to get a share of those coins !! Man, I don't think I'd even hunt if they did that to me... Tell them to get a detector and find their own 4,000 year old coins !! We feel for you sorry your not getting what you deserve so far.... Amazing find, congratulations on banner... Sometimes the thrill of the hunt is valuable enough.
Keep @ it and HH !!
GEAR: Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
EXPERIENCE: About 9 Years
"Where you find Silver, you should find Gold."
By moro in forum New Member Introductions
Last Post: Sep 08, 2014, 09:27 AM
By mihailovici179 in forum New Member Introductions
Last Post: Jul 01, 2014, 12:13 AM
By bourassa5 in forum Coin Roll Hunting
Last Post: Mar 24, 2009, 06:29 PM
By FLOYD MANN in forum Clubs & Hunts - Other Countries
Last Post: Jun 05, 2007, 08:31 AM
By buscadero in forum Cache Hunting
Last Post: Aug 21, 2006, 08:17 PM