🥇 BANNER EPIC Hunt - 21 Rings 7 GOLD - Hunt of my life A-TEAM

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Days like this are few and far between. Enjoy it as long as it lasts. Glad you and the family had a great vacation.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike! Proud of you buddy! What a great day for you!!
Congrats on the banner!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's one for the record books! Congrats!

I have to branch out more.

here4themoney

Mar 3, 2015
SE Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold - White's Prizm IV - BountyHunter Quick Draw II - BountyHunter Pioneer 101 - Compass Judge
Garrett Pro Pointer - Gold Pans and Sluices
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow.. what a hunt! Very nice and congrats on banner :)

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks awesome that's why we do this

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
unless the private club is only way into that water - don't understand why'd you'd have to wait to get back in there - you cant own saltwater or property under saltwater

so if you can get in down from there and work your way to there in the water - they cant stop you
I go in at sunrise and leave just before people show if you don't want to cause a prob with swimmers

Timeshare at Private Resort Maybe? Whatever deal he has worked out, but that's his. Plenty more to go around!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Timeshare at Private Resort Maybe? Whatever deal he has worked out, but that's his. Plenty more to go around!
Don't matter - you cant own water or land under water - especially salt water -
I ve hunted at private resorts and as long as you don't go on their sand - nothing they can do
I hit resort where Tiger woods got married - the guards got PO'ed - I told them I know the law - "you cant touch me"
and they walked away - police told me to make sure I enter and leave from water down from the resort - and I'm fine as long as I don't
disrupt the guest there - there were none in the water at that time - so I was fine
hunters have to realize - there is the water and there is the beach - they can put signs that say stay off Private Beach! - but they cant say
stay out of "our" water

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't matter - you cant own water or land under water - especially salt water -
I ve hunted at private resorts and as long as you don't go on their sand - nothing they can do
I hit resort where Tiger woods got married - the guards got PO'ed - I told them I know the law - "you cant touch me"
and they walked away - police told me to make sure I enter and leave from water down from the resort - and I'm fine as long as I don't
disrupt the guest there - there were none in the water at that time - so I was fine
hunters have to realize - there is the water and there is the beach - they can put signs that say stay off Private Beach! - but they cant say
stay out of "our" water

Interesting. So How far out does the Resorts Sand/Beach Go? To me, Beach Starts where the Water Stops lapping at the Shore. The Private, Timeshare or Inclusive Only Resorts that I've been to All had 'Shark Fencing' Pretty Far Out with a couple of the staff in dinghies in that fencing area at all times. In Jamaica locals would circle that area waving for guests to come out to them either in their boats or they were walking about waist high and trying to sell Lobsters for $5 US and Fresh Fish and of course Ganja? (sp) Weed. Only Once, I've had a local come up to me on a beach. They would take off when the staff spotted them. Beach and Water. Now these places where I've stayed also had 10'-12' solid but decorative walls all around the property, Gated and Guarded, including the golf course and all outdoor amenities. Lessons on surfing, board sailing, snorkeling etc were given within those fenced areas that went out pretty darn far at each place. The signs you mentioned have been there. I have never Metal Detected anytime where I've stayed but after the first of such trips I saw how easy it was to get up and on the beach at Sunrise "To watch the Sun come up over the Ocean". lol. It is pretty, but also will show shiny things at that early hour. High output flashlights works well at sunrise or sunset too. What I was doing was scouring the beach and underwater Rocks and Rocks that were above the water during low tide times for jewelry and coins. I've found quite a few things that way. The main reason I've never detected was I always assumed it wasn't legal on beaches at Resorts or that I'd end up in a lot of Red Tape. Just to be clear, You are saying that I'm Wrong and That Anyone Can Detect Anywhere As Long As Any Access to or from Is Accessed By Water? And that anyone can detect anywhere as long as they are standing in the half inch of water where it meets the dry Beach?

One other thing that gave me my viewpoint is in MN and Other Northern States That Have Ice Fishing as a Big Deal for locals and tourism is that it's 'First Come First Claimed'. Set your Ice House Down and Its Yours to do as you want. I can't think of the name of that Gold Dredging Show that is in Alaska...Only in the Ocean where they take everything from big barge boats with back hoes and living quarters or even Travel Trailers on them to small little boats with a generator, pump & hose to dredge back to a small sluice and they will sleep in tents on their claim. I think it's set in Juno, not positive but I happened to watch an episode where they were having an Auction for Claim Ownership for the upcoming year. The maps all had numbers on claims and showed the boundaries of each numbered claim. Large Corporations as well as Small Mining Families were bidding on these areas in the Ocean. No one else could come on the claim and Do Anything after purchasing the area. So, My questions for you is How can that be that No One Owns The Land Underwater In The Ocean even if it is a year at a time? And I realize that MN & Other Northern States that I'm speaking of are the Great Lakes Region that is Freshwater but these Ice Fishermen Own the Area Under Their Fishing Shacks. How does that work? In either of these scenarios I couldn't just jump on the 4wheeler & head over to where they are & get my MD out and start swinging above or below water on their claim. I'm familiar with land ownership vs under the same property mineral/oil/gas rights and ownership. Thanks and sorry for the long winded post.

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Interesting. So How far out does the Resorts Sand/Beach Go? To me, Beach Starts where the Water Stops lapping at the Shore.

In Florida, private property is typically above the high tide line........technically its the "average" of the high tide line (I believe averaged for the year). I hit resorts and have had the police called, even though I carry a laminated copy of laws and I make all accesses lawfully. You have to be smart as to whether you want to go round and round with the police. I live in the area, and so I'd rather live to fight another day than to be too much trouble, even though I am in the right. I simply return on another day. I am usually at resorts at night to do beach detection/wet sand, but I prefer sunlight if I am in the water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread